Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-20, 10:48 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-Trainers AUGUST 2020

Good morning!
Can you believe it's August already? Personally, I'm ready for this year to be over with. Checking in with:

Pahla's Moderate Day Walk - 26m
DY Forever Fit in 8 Weeks program - Gluteus to the Maximus - 27m
Leslie's 4 Fast Miles DVD the first 2 Miles - 30m

I'll check back later. Waves to all!
Old 08-01-20, 11:19 AM  
cherimac

Thanks for starting us off, Dana. Here’s hoping August is a good month.
Old 08-01-20, 02:23 PM  
furmomof6

Hi, everyone. I hope to check-in again for August, but I'll see how it goes. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. It has been a rough road for sure. I'm still dealing with health issues related to my dizziness, but on the mend and slowly making progress.

Yesterday I finally did a video for the first time, Shaped by Faith: Resistance Band. Today DH and I went for a walk. I do what I can based on how I feel, so we'll see how it goes. I know it's good for my rehab though!

I hope everyone is doing well!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 02:51 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

45 min. walk/read

Christine, nice to see you! I'm glad to hear you are on the mend.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 05:17 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm back to catch up with everyone. I've been very busy last week and didn't work out much and that's why I haven't checked in. Things will hopefully be back to normal this week.

Hi Christine! Good to "see" you back. I hope you'll get better soon but take care of yourself and take things at your own speed.

I cancelled BBFIT membership after one month. I really like Bailey and her workouts but a lot of work is done on all 4s and while I have healthy knees, I want to keep them that way, besides I want to do more yoga, pilates and low impact cardio and strength like GHUTV.

I did subscribe to Doyouyoga (DY) when they offered 1 year membership at the reduced price few days ago. They have several programs on their website that were available only to premium members and which I very much wanted to try, particularly the Forever Fit in 8 Weeks which I'll call FF8. Today was day one. The episode was called Gluteus to the Maximus and I really expected my glutes to be worked to death but that was not the case. About half the workout was about core strength and there were only few true glute moves. Regardless, I liked it very much. I printed the calendar for the next 8 weeks and classes (each about 24-30m) appear to get progressively more challenging. I'm really excited about this program. Seems very doable and I can do 24-30m per day of any one class without getting bored and/or restless.

Emma from ePilates sent out August calendar and she has a new 8 Day series called Gorgeous Glutes which I'll also be doing.

My dh is calling me to dinner now so I'll chat more tomorrow.

Waves to all!
Old 08-01-20, 07:09 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a mix of workouts throughout the day - I suppose the upside to this pandemic is I have more time on the weekends for workouts since there is nothing else to do! Particularly now that my DD has a drivers license and can take herself to the barn...she has been riding on the trails w/ one of her barn friends.

The mix was:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio
Trifecta Pilates - Ease & Release (10 min - mostly stretching)

Pahla B - 31 Day Challenge Day 1 - this was an indoor walking workout. I normally don't enjoy these from Pahla b/c she just walks in place. But I decided to try this one on our mini-trampoline (it is my DD's, but she never uses it!) and I "walked" on that while listening to Pahla talk about weight loss at "this age". It worked pretty well - I may try doing all of her walks this way!

Jessica Valent - Pilates Camp Day # 1 - intro to Pilates

I'm, believe it or not, trying to get back to my old place as a "supervisor" - long story...but someone else left right after I did, I am not loving my current 'new" job and I reached out to my old boss about it. So, we shall see what happens. I had to actually re-apply for the job and it closes on August 20th. I hope it works out - I would like to try my hand at supervising, I know that sounds crazy, most people hate that stuff, plus I am really not enjoying my new job very much at all. It is a lot of financial stuff, which is not what I like doing. I didn't realize how much a part of the job it would be. I'm more of a writer than a numbers person. Like I'd rather have an 80/20 blend - 80% writing/verbal stuff and 20% math/numbers, but this job is the reverse! Fingers crossed. I hope there aren't any SNAFUs in this process. I will hopefully know more in a few weeks. I think my former boss is happy I'm interested, she has posted the job numerous times w/ not much luck on the candidate pool. I'm sort of excited about the possibility of making some positive changes there in a leadership role.

Christine - it is so good to 'see' you again! Just do what you can every day.

Dana - I know this year has been a challenge. That sounds like an interesting program!

I'm thinking about doing Pahla's 31 Day Weight Loss workout challenge w/ Pilates/Walking/Ellen mixed in. The workouts in her challenge are under 30 minutes, so I think I could manage it.....and I think I'll use the mini-trampoline for the "walks" it worked well today. Sometimes walking on the TM hurts my back for some reason....

Waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 07:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up
Jessica Valent - Arms & Abs (Pilates Camp Day # 2)

I will probably do a Pahla B workout later. I was reading something about the "Sunday Scaries" - you know, the dread you feel about facing the coming work week that begins Sunday afternoon/evening. And, one of the suggestions was to exercise. So, I think I will try to do a little something on Sunday's either late afternoon or early evening just to help burn off the anxiety. I would typically try to "relax" but that would sometimes make the dread build up even more. Kinda like when someone tells you to relax or breathe, you suddenly can't.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 07:46 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Happy August ladies! I too am ready for 2020 to be over. It almost feels like the year that wasn't, because nothing really happened. We all stayed home.

Saturday's workouts were:

Walk - 30 minutes;
Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 14 - 22 minutes

Pahla's workout was walking with weights - short walking intervals, followed by light weight cardio moves. It went by quickly.

Donna - Sunday Scaries - who knew? I am dreading going back to work tomorrow and I normally don't do that, but I know my desk will be an absolute disaster area after being gone for a week this time of year. I said I was going to do Jessica Valant's pilates camp along with you, and haven't done a workout yet. Sigh. Not a lot of motivation right now. Good luck with the job switch! Pahla's workouts in this Challenge are all under 25 minutes, so you have a lot of flexibility in how you structure your workouts. There aren't a lot of just walking workouts - maybe three total? Day 1, Day 31 and somewhere else.

Dana - Thanks for exploring BBFIT for me. I do not like tons of "all fours" work. It bothers my knees and it really bothers my hands and wrists. That's probably one reason that I fell out of love with PBL. Glad you are enjoying the yoga program so far.

Christine - So glad you are on the mend! Take it easy - walks sound really good I imagine.

Brenda - Nice job with the walking and reading. Not a skill I ever mastered back when I owned a treadmill.

Waves to Cheri and Linda ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 05:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was:

Pahla B - Full Body for Women Over 50 - 28 minutes

This was an interesting workout - Pahla took 5 exercises, 20 second intervals, and we did them step stool. Then we did the same thing, only with light weights in our hands. The third time we did the same exercises, we did them with our moderate weights. I'm glad my light weights were light (2 lbs) and my "moderate" weights were only 3 lbs.

Back to regular work hours today in preparation for the school year.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 07:02 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Pahla's Cardio + Weights - 28min. This is from her Week 32 Mini Challenge calendar.
DY Posture Fix - 25min.

So far, I'm really enjoying DY's Forever Fit in 8 program. It's a mixture of pilates and yoga with the athletic twist. Right up my alley. Today's Posture Fix was quite challenging.

Carol, 2020 the year that wasn't, is exactly what I've been calling it. Like we're in limbo, doing nothing.

I'm off today and have lots of errands to run.

Waves to all!