Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-20, 08:07 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post

I only wish I could do Leslie workouts. I can’t stand them.
I mostly walked outdoors, but did a lot of Jessica Smith and To the Beat workouts on youtube when I had to do indoor walking (in addition to Leslie since I do like her).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 04:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I only wish I could do Leslie workouts. I can’t stand them.

But any recommendations for specific chair or post-pregnancy workouts, keep em coming!

And bzar, great lateral thinking about c-sections and hysterectomies having similar recovery issues.

And yes, it’s time to devote more time to my mindfulness practice.
you're most welcome! i remember when i was in recovery, i did a lot of mind-body connection thoughts like envisioning myself being well, and asking my body to cooperate with the treatments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I mostly walked outdoors, but did a lot of Jessica Smith and To the Beat workouts on youtube when I had to do indoor walking (in addition to Leslie since I do like her).

Erica
there was a time when i was burned out on Leslie, and got into easy choreo dance workouts. you don't have to do the dance moves necessarily - just march in place . their moves will be to the beat and that's what's cool about dance workouts. for example, Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T has very basic moves, and you can always just march in place. the music is better than some other workouts.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 09:11 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
there was a time when i was burned out on Leslie, and got into easy choreo dance workouts. you don't have to do the dance moves necessarily - just march in place . their moves will be to the beat and that's what's cool about dance workouts. for example, Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T has very basic moves, and you can always just march in place. the music is better than some other workouts.
That’s a good idea! I find Shaun T much more motivating. I’m also considering trying easy step workouts but not using a step, so it’s just marching on the floor.

Anyway, for the next 2 weeks I’m not supposed to raise my heart rate. So it’s gentle walks only. I’m just dreaming of feeling better and the next step.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:11 PM  
bex

Erica you’ve enabled me to buy a few Leslie workouts to try. There are some workouts that don’t look great, but I enjoy them once I’m doing them.

And any excuse to buy a new workout, right?
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 07:45 PM  
sweetandsassy

Try Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend

I'd try Elise Joan's Pre & Postnatal Barre Blend program that just launched on Beachbody on Demand August 3rd. I'm 32 and I've never been pregnant, so I'm doing the "non natal" calendar.

I did the first workout yesterday and loved it! Elise really stresses functional fitness too. I completed the classic Barre Blend program and didn't know if I'd get anything out of this program since I'm not the target audience, but I was pleasantly surprised! I think you should check it out.

Here's the sample of the original Barre Blend workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4NMlJxcy4Y&t=1389s

The sample PPN Barre Blend is on BOD, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere. The video of Elise explaining it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvP6BA2fgk0
sweetandsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 08:04 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica you’ve enabled me to buy a few Leslie workouts to try. There are some workouts that don’t look great, but I enjoy them once I’m doing them.

And any excuse to buy a new workout, right?
Can you borrow any from the library? Leslie has some workouts on youtube and our library has a nice selection, too.

I hope you feel better soon.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abdominal surgery, c-section, restarting, surgery