Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-29-20, 03:13 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate! I have looked at those Plate Mates before and was very tempted, but like Kim said they are not cheap. Excellent job on CCC! That one is a toughie. I started modifying that last move as well when I realized that my neck hurt every time I did the workout. Gotta be careful!

Yesterday I did Cathe's Muscle Max and this morning I did a 35 minute power spin from Studio Sweat. I am debating if I want to do something else this afternoon.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 11:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yeah Plate Mates are spendy but I found another brand that is much cheaper. Pace weights. I can get 1/2 lb magnetic weights for 5.95 each. Hmmmm.

Finished out the week with fun.
Yesterday I did Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. I had not done that once since 2012 and apparently I hated it and Joni O'd it. I still had a copy so popped it in and you know, it wasn't so bad. A little off beat and some late cueing but as the workout progressed it got better. Lots of fun punches/kicks!! Josef from Body Combat and Jerico from Beachbody lead with Tracey. And are actually a lot better than she is. :-0

Today I did STS Meso 1 Disk 6 – Legs plus the Extended Stretch. I used only my 20s and 25lb dumbells, medium heavy loop and band and 5lb ankle weights. As I stand here I'm sure feeling it. LOVE STS!!

Still doing Yoga almost every day, and absolutely still meditating every day.
TGIF!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 01:15 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate - I did a workout with Josef in it today too! BodyPump 85! I know I have a Tracey Staehle workout, but it must be a different one. So glad you are enjoying STS. It is such a well-thought-out program. I actually did some yoga yesterday - Flexibility & Beyond: Spine. It was great! I also did the Tao meditation, but got distracted when my husband kept messaging me while he was shopping at Costco. Oh well - I tried.

ETA: Just got an email from LMOD that BodyPump 113 just dropped and it is extra intense with new moves - off to preview!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-03-20, 02:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules I have never done a body pump or Tracey Staehle workout. Isn't it funny how you can somehow miss whole trainers and styles of training?

I did Spartacus Ab attack. This one was easier than the others I have done but lasted longer 40 min. So I decided after to do some weightlifting and had to stop because of a headache. It went away quickly but surprised me. That hasn't ever happened to me before but I also have never tried to follow weights with a meta style workout. So lesson learned for me...I will do as I have always done ..lift first, cardio second. Even if the meta feels easy, must be other things going on physically I'm not aware of, lol.
Wishing you Fitchicks smart exercising!! ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ᕤ

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 02:54 PM  
sherry7899

I am just popping in to tell Kate and Jules that Body Combat 83 is available now. I did not renew my subscription but I might do a month here and there. I hope you do not mind my posting here.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 11:56 AM  
Jules

Sherry: Thanks for the heads up on BC 83! Sadly, I strained my left hip flexor doing heavy yard work on Saturday, so kicking is out for now. I am excited to try it soon though.

Linda: I wonder if some of the moves in the Spartacus workout strained your neck or shoulders? There are certain workouts that almost always give me a headache - Cathe's High Step Challenge is one of them. I this workout, but all the band work irritates my neck and traps.

I got in some good workouts the past couple of days. On Sunday I did Cathe's Drill Max plus the core work from Low Impact Circuit. Yesterday I walked several miles and did the Double Step Cardio premix from 4 Day Split. Today I will do a SpinCore on my bike. My folks are coming for a week-long visit on Sunday, so I also plan to clean the house this week.
Old 08-04-20, 06:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules I'm sorry you strained your hip flexor. Nearly every injury I have suffered has been during my normal activities and not during formal exercise.
However, I have been practicing the jackknife with pilates and could have strained prior to my Spartacus workout?

I don't remember feeling any strain during Spartacus though. I will pay closer attention in my pilates practice...thanks for the heads up.

Today did Mari Winsor's Maximum Fatburning and Cathes Yoga relax express premix #2.

Hope you guys have a great evening! <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 08-05-20, 08:05 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! I am feeling good today. I made a big dent in cleaning the house and my hip flexor is improving.

I tried BodyPump 113 today. I love the crew for this workout, but I'm not down with the squat track. Calf raises were added in between each squat and it just felt awkward and unsafe to me. I will leave most of the calf raises out next time. I don't mind doing them when holding a single plate, but with the barbell I felt like my balance was significantly thrown off. Usually Les Mills workouts feel very safe to me, so I was surprised.

Most of the tracks in this one were a bit repetitive, but the workout was filmed in Sydney Australia and it seems like whenever LM workouts are filmed in a different location they are simplified for the larger group of participants. I really enjoyed Marlon leading the biceps track and Emma leading lunges. (My heart rate went sky high during that track.) Music was just ok for me - not super fun but not horrible.

Linda - So true about injuries happening doing normal day-to-day stuff but not while working out!

Happy Hump Day to all!
Old 08-05-20, 09:41 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules, glad you're feeling better. As far as calf raises, i don't have to do much calf work. I usually omit reps in Cathe workouts. Good for you identifying things that don't work for you. I think it takes a certain number of years to build up that knowledge to identify it when it happens during a workout. I'm glad I'm at that point in my knowledge base to know what works for and what doesn't.

Today was Cathe's Total body giant sets. Great workout. Totally enjoyed it.

I'll be taking a rest day tomorrow.

Happy Thursday wishes to everyone

Old 08-07-20, 03:39 PM  
Jules

Just dropping in quick to wish everyone a happy weekend!

I did a hard workout today: Imax 3 + the bonus stability ball abs from Butts & Guts. Yesterday I did a lot of walking. My hip flexor is feeling all right, but I still don't feel ready to do kickboxing yet. I used an 8" step today, but I lowered it to just the platform for interval 7 with all the fast jumps on and off the step. It was pretty enjoyable doing this - I might keep doing this mod in the future.

Linda- I hope you are enjoying your rest day.