Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-01-20, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - August 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy and healthy August!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 12:36 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I didn't get to post yesterday, but only had 30 minutes on the treadmill, and the CS waist stuff,

Today, already over an hour on the treadmill, waist and leg stuff. I did bookmark a 14 minute walking workout someone had posted on GD to do later, so maybe I'll have something different.
I may try more online workouts, I never wanted to before, and loved my dvds, but now I just don't feel like putting them in the machine. I guess I'll get over it, but thank goodness so many free workouts are onlinenow.

Hi to everybody, from rainy and cooler (80s) Galveston!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 12:58 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 44 minute walk in the morning, a few segments from CF Pilates Plus in the afternoon and a short 1 mile walk after dinner. I am planning a walk soon this morning and hopefully an add-on later.

PENGUIN, nice job with the workouts even with the repetition. Ugh. I hope the shoulder continues to improve. Good luck with the RV shopping. You and hubby sure did do a lot of work on the one you have.

I'm going to start the new thread for August now!

I copied and pasted the above that I had posted on the old thread earlier today.

TERRI, nice job with the walking and CS. Yes it's great that we have so many options

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Old 08-02-20, 12:42 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Happy August!

Just to close out July, on Thursday: I did CH: Cardio Round Up and 1/2 of Wild Goose Chase. Made it to 10,000 steps before midnight.

Friday: I did CH: Down and Dirty. Made it to 10,000 steps.

Today (Saturday): I spent most of the day on part 2 of cleaning the floors/house. I finished up the day with CH: Country Swing. I took it pretty easy (I was pretty worn out from cleaning), but did make to 10,000 steps.

SB - Thanks for getting us started for August. I'm glad to see that you've been able to get in a few walks. I'm hoping to get some walks in in the mornings this coming week.

Terri - Great job with your treadmill walking and CS. You're right, there's so much variety with online workouts. Sometimes I get tired of my DVDs too, so it's nice to have so many free workouts to try online.

Penguin - Great job with your workouts, also! I still need to check out more Gina B.

Nora - Sorry that you missed the pilates class, but that's great news about your daughter being able to visit! Enjoy!

Waves to All!
Old 08-02-20, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 41 minute walk in the morning and that was it. Still struggling with low energy in this heat and humidity. I am hoping to walk soon but it looks like it's going to pour any minute so we'll see if/when I can walk today. I'm hoping to add on some weights or pilates too.

CAMBET, nice job getting your steps in. I'm impressed with your deep cleaning. Well done.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 08-02-20, 01:41 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Yesterday after I posted I did do about 5 minutes of the walking without talk workout, and it was o.k., then started Leslie's Happy Walk, but had to stop about 5 minutes in to phone. Later I did the Sculpt portion of 10 Minutes Solution Pilates. In retrospect it seems stupid, but I was surprised when it turned out to be upper body!

Today I've done over an hour on the treadmill, CS waist, balance, and some home improvement, I put on a Door Bull, kind of a lock. If my weather stripping hadn't been metal it wouldn't have taken so long, but I had to stop a few times to go find things I didn't know I'd need to drill thru metal.

Hope everybody's having a great Sunday!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 09:47 PM  
patchworkpenguin

This thread is getting busy again!!

Terri, Happy Walk sounds like something I would like! I never thought I would like online workouts but I'm a true convert. What I like is that they are free [so I don't feel I wasted my money on them if I don't like them} and if I don't like them I don't have to do them again! There's always something new to try. I think I've been doing YT workouts for almost a year now. My DVDs are still in a place of honor. I haven't gotten rid of any of them but I keep thinking about the ones I didn't like but kept just because!

Cambet, I can't believe it August already! it seems like just yesterday it was March!

We have done a lot of walking, climbing stairs and looking this past few days. The stock is low because so many people are buying RVs as an alternative to a hotel/resort vacation, but we have found one we like. Its a 2021 Forest River Wildwood 27re. Lots of windows to let in natural light for my vision problems and ticks a lot more boxes than we ever thought we wanted. Bank of Dad is helping us buy it them we will pay him back. The bank president joked than he and Mom want to use it to visit my sister in FL. We didn't have a problem with that but Mom did. her idea of roughing it is a hotel suite. :P We have never even bought a new car, so this is a little nerve wracking for us

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute walk in the morning and my very first Gilad workout in the afternoon. Somehow in my long workout career I never owned or did a Gilad workout. I bought a few from Mary a few weeks ago and tried it out.
I liked it. I think it was from his tv show so it was short and to the point.
Easy to fit in on days when you don't really want to do too much. I am planning a walk today and hopefully an add-on.

TERRI, good work with the walking, CS and pilates. Which 10 MS Pilates dvd did you use? Also nice job on the home improvement project. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm impressed.

PENGUIN, wow exciting news on the RV! Don't be nervous, enjoy! You both deserve this

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!

Old 08-03-20, 02:24 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hey PP - Congrats on the RV Purchase. These days, I'd rather stay in my own RV than in some potentially covid ridden hotel. I hope you have some good excursions in store.

SB-I haven't done a Gilad in quite a while. I had a step one of his that I used to do back in the VHS days. I think I liked it at the time.

today: I tried that youtube step channel that is on the GD page. I liked it, but found it a bit repetitive for my taste. However, I was happy to try something new. It was free, so who am I to complain?
Yesterday: nothing
Saturday: one hour walk in the woods
Friday: bike ride. About an hour.

Cambet - yup, missed that Pilates class again today due to rain this morning. Tomorrow? maybe.

Terri - you're getting in lots of variety these days.
Old 08-03-20, 02:30 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today i did two dance workouts Popsugar's 30m Latin Dance, although we touched on several different styles. The instructor was from Equinox Zumba and explained that Zumba actually incorporated many different styles not just Latin. I thought it was going to be too hard to follow but sticking with it was the right choice because it was fun. The second was BeFit Burn to the Beat Dance Intervals Hip Hop with Keira LaShae. this workout was high impact, but can be done low impact with a little creativity. I looked Kiera up and she has a lot of workouts so I'll try her again. she may have been the lead from the first workout too.

SB, congratulations on your Gilad purchase. His show used to have a show on FitTV which is where I started with him. I'm not much of a sandy beach person but I love outdoor workouts! this will be our third camper, we realized that we sold the first one shortly after we painted the inside a lighter color, must be the kiss of death for us. No need to paint the new one.

Here's a link to our camper. Salem is a sister brand of the one we got, a Forest River Wildwood, but the inside is the same. Campers usually name their RVs, the first was named Happy {not very original} the second was named Judy after the neighbor we bought it from and we are calling this one Wila {short for Wildwood} until we come up with something better. Yes, our camper is nicer than our house! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBpBBbBICU

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote