Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-16, 06:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

i bought pumpkin butter this morning. Yay!
:d
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 04:18 PM  
videofit

Sticky Pumpkin cake is like Sticky toffee pudding. So tender, moist and sickly sweet. In other words, heavenly!
Old 10-06-16, 03:59 PM  
videofit

Bought the half moon cookies, which are basically soft Black & Whites. Good but bland.

Pumpkin Soup crackers do taste like pumpkin soup but the foil packet inside the box is SO small, barely above a snack pack size, that's it's deceptive packing given the size of the box. 3.5 oz.

Bought pumpkin mochi which I had last year. Love all mochi flavors.

Haven't tried the pumpkin pancake mix yet. Plan to serve it with Maple Pumpkin Butter that I found at Sprouts Market.

I need to exercise self control as we are entering the dangerous Holiday Zone. At Rite Aid the other day I bought a two pound bag for Halloween of mini Snickers, Musketeers, Milky Way, Twix and half the bag is gone in just a few days!
Old 10-06-16, 07:22 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn - someone brought some back to Honolulu. wow, this is so awesome.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-16, 09:52 PM  
Tiny

I tried the Half Moon cookies as well, not tasty at all. I was very disappointed.

Pumpkin Soup Crackers were delicious but, as videofit mentioned, the bag was pretty small.

The pumpkin mousse cakes videofit mentioned are INSANELY delicious!!!! Only 6 little pumpkin cakes but they pack so much yumminess.

The Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn is so delicious and addicting. And I am not a fan of caramel corn.

It's also that time of year where I send a pumpkin care package to my friend back home.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 09:18 PM  
videofit

Pumpkin Spice Brooklyn Babka is very good. Tender and light. I eat with with a dab of peanut butter or almond butter for a quick breakfast.
Old 10-18-16, 08:39 PM  
videofit

In the freezer case - Sweet Potato Pie. Bake for about half an hour. Surprisingly light and not too sweet. I made one from scratch years ago and the recipe was very dense and heavy.

Two candy bars with a nougat base - Quasar and Boffo. Better than Milky Way!
Old 10-23-16, 01:01 PM  
videofit

Thumbs up for Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli. Ricotta pumpkin filling, not sweet as I was expecting. Drizzle with butter and Parmesan.
Old 10-27-16, 10:40 PM  
videofit

Small box of 3 Cheese Wafers. Delicate, thin crackers about the size of quarters. Crisp and light. I floated several on my onion soup. Would look very pretty on tomato soup or split pea soup.

Pumpkin bites were like blondies cut into small squares. Dense and chewy and good.
Old 10-31-16, 07:27 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

We renovated our kitchen this spring/summer so I ended up trying a lot more things at Trader Joe's than I have in the past. I like to cook, so I have bought ingredients there before, but not too much of the ready-made/frozen stuff. Some of it was really good, and some was not.

What I loved and will continue to buy:

* Chicken Tikka Masala frozen dinner. This is so yummy, not too hot, and the ingredient list is pretty much all whole ingredients. (The other Indian frozen dinners I tried were horrible to me. Most burned my mouth and didn't taste great.)
* Multigrain blend with vegetables. This actually has a lot of veggies in it (peas, corn, carrots, zucchini) along with some different rice and barley. It has good flavor and can be eaten hot or cold. I love to mix this with TJ's crumbled feta and grilled chicken for a really easy lunch/dinner.
* Frozen Mashed potatoes. (not a ton of fat in them, and easy to make).
* Polenta with Spinach and Carrots.
* Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers
* Greens, Beans and Grains frozen dinner. Couscous, Kale and Chickpeas in a tomato and peanut stew. I loved this so much I figured out how to make it myself so I could have it for less money now that I have a kitchen again.
* Frozen french fries (regular and sweet potato)
* Some of the refrigerated ready-made meals are really good also. We liked the Chicken Lasagna and Chicken Enchiladas the most.
* Turkey Corn Dogs. Not the healthiest choice, but not terrible. However, my picky niece complained that they were not real beef hot dogs. I don't eat hot dogs a lot, so I couldn't tell.
* Asparagus risotto

I was already buying:
* bagels (better than all other grocery store bagels by far. They do need to be frozen though or will get moldy since they lack preservatives.)
* grilled chicken - really helpful for making fast dinners!
* cheeses, nuts and cut up vegetables. When we were super busy we used the pre-cut fruit also like apples.
* frozen vegetables like Edamame, Corn, Peas.

What I didn't care for :
* frozen chicken fried rice
* frozen chicken chow mein
* the other Indian frozen dinners (too hot)
* Melodious Blend (frozen chickpeas and other beans). It was too dry for me.
* Frozen chicken enchiladas (the fresh ones are better)
* frozen grilled asparagus. I guess I can only have it when it is fresh and I grill it myself.

Tags
trader joe's