Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-13-21, 08:04 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this moring was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 23 Dynamic Stretch followed by Yoga with Adriene Sunrise.

Anita, Isn't it late for snow? I hope your budding flowers will make it. I'm glad you were at least able to drive through Joshua Tree - it's such a diversity of flora, fauna and landscape. Having professional wash your windows is definately the right decision - crawling up and down on ladders definately has an expiration date.

Laura, glad Amazon was willing to work with you and help with the problem. Yes, it is nice to have favorite places near where you live. Hope you had a relaxed day.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

More snow last night - on the grass now also. Still nothing on the roads to shovel - I assume it will be melted by noon. I'll still walk Gus today and putz around - nothing planned for the day. I might make a grocery run though.

Laura, I hope your Amazon shipment comes back today! Today's email from Kiplinger had an article against Amazon Prime https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-f...m_source=today I haven't washed the windows since getting new ones a few years ago - these windows are supposedly ones that you can flip out and do the outside from inside and I tried it on one, but I was afraid of dropping a window or screen from second floor and I sucked at getting a nice clean finish on the window. Let the pros clean it! My appointment day is supposed to be a showery day - hope it still works out.

Paula, Last year and years previous we've had big snows on these dates - last year yesterday was Easter and we got 5.6" of snow. This snow is just a dusting by comparison. So now you're comfortable with your new car's features?

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Last night was crazy. Someone I tutored in Excel last year texted me to see if I was available to help him with a project due this morning and we got together around his Internet going out. We worked for a couple of hours and he was in pretty good shape when I stumbled out of the office. It was intense, but fun working with him.

Today will be a slow day until 4:00 and then it will get busy. An appliance repair guy will come in the late afternoon/early evening to look at our refrigerator. The button for the cubed ice has broken. The ice maker is fine - we can get crushed ice - but the button is pushed in and can't be used. I also have a training session at 6:30. And the guy from last night may need some more help sometime this evening.

It has been a weird week with the training sessions because they have all been in the evening. Usually, most of my sessions are during the day with an exception once in a while in the evening.

Anita - It's good the snow is a dusting instead of a record-setting snowstorm. That was an interesting article. A lot of the reasons given weren't reality for me, but I can see the point depending on how your life is structured.

Paula - Hope you got some rest yesterday after your day trip.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yogoa with Adriene Sunrise, Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 24 Met Con, and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, at least the snow is just a dusting - but it must be cold to be snowing and aren't you ready for warmer weather. I read the article on Amazon, the only thing that resonated with me was I'm not sure how I feel about Jeff Bezos. Yes, I am feeling comfortable with the features on the car, it's taken awhile to get used to them, but so far I like it.

Laura, I'm glad you're getting clients on a regular basis, repeat customers are a good sign. Hopefully satisfied people are spreading your name around. Hope your refridgerator got fixed.
Old 04-15-21, 07:28 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing Carcassonne this morning, walking Gus, and taking care of my orchids today. Otherwise putzing around.

Laura, I have similar problems in my fridge with buttons not working, but haven't called a repairperson - didn't know that would even work. My warning button that goes off when no electricity was present, or if the doors were open too long doesn't reset now, just red instead of green, and a timing button for me to replace the water filter in the ice maker is broken and red. My air filter button still works and that's the only one that I use every six months it goes off. I've never had the machine make ice, so not worried about the filter. New fridges have so many little "features" that now break . You're wonderfully flexible as a helper for your clients .

Paula, It's not cold enough for winter jackets - I did use mittens walking Gus though. I'm glad the snows were just dustings as I've got my porch cover up - wouldn't be good if there was a foot of wet snow on it! Yeah, I'm waaaaaay ahead on spring here!

Anita
Old 04-15-21, 07:51 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Well, the appliance guy never showed up and we never heard from them. I'm following up this morning. Argh!

I had a guy beg me for a session in the late afternoon to help him with a form he's creating. The way he created it is clunky. I helped him solve a bunch of problems with the layout and then we ran out of time when we were working on form fields (checkboxes and text boxes where you can enter data). He wanted me to work on it today for him, but he didn't send the file last night. So I'll see if that comes in this morning.

This afternoon, we have haircuts. And, I have a training session this evening on Pivot Tables in Excel.

Anita - I guess we'll see what they say if they ever show up to look at it. I saw a report this morning about how the east coast is way ahead on leaves budding and how in the midwest, the process has barely gotten started. I guess you don't have the green film on all the cars.

Paula - It's good you like the car and are feeling comfortable with it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-15-21, 11:00 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Adriene - neck and shoulders, Pahla B Body Shaping Day 25 moderate strength. We went to Dana Point and did some walking there.

Anita, my refridgerator is old style, freezer on top, refridgerator on the bottom. I don't have any of the in door features for water or ice. I guess that's a good thing as I can barely figure out the gagets on my car, I'd hate to add my refridgertor to the list of mechanical objects that are more "intelligent" than I am. Glad the weather has remained moderate and you didn't have to take in your patio furniture.

Laura, how frustrating the appliance repairman didn't respond - I hope you were able to set up another appointment. Yay on haircuts, always a good feeling. Your training busness sure seems to be catching on. Good for you.
Old 04-16-21, 07:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning, walking Gus and playing Carcassonne this afternoon. Otherwise putzing.

Paula, yeah, this fridge is relatively new - since my kitchen remodel and buttons don't work already. of course one that's over 20 years old that I got with the house is like you're describing and still has no problems - I'm using that downstairs. No problems with porch furniture with the cold, but I did disconnect my hose and turned off the water for outside as it gets below freezing overnight.

Laura, sorry your appliance guy hasn't shown up - I've heard nothing from the window washers either for Monday's job - hope that turns out OK. Sounds like you are definitely a Excel pro! You do more in that program than I ever did... Our spring is going about right - trees are just beginning to bud open with leaves and flowers. I've got my scilla blooming, daffodils coming up, tulips sending up flowers, but not open yet, and ground buds for hostas coming up. Our outdoor greenhouses selling plants are still in set-up stage - no plants in stock yet. Typically we're supposed to plant and garden starting in May, so about two more weeks...

Anita
Old 04-16-21, 07:49 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Just popping in to let Anita know my fb account was hacked, and I have a new one under Chrys Dayley. I tried to message all my friends and fb put a limit on my messaging. Now my old account is asking for money. First world problems, but a huge pain.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:11 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's Friday! I haven't felt that Friday relief in a while. All my sessions and work this week were good, but I'm glad that I don't have any of it today. I will take DH to his PT appointment and do some laundry and hang out some. LLater this morning, I'll go on an errand run. Then, I'll pick up lunch for myself at a the local Mexican restaurant. I'm thinking I'll get a bowl of ingredients and use it to make my own nachos.

I finally got the appliance place. Whoever scheduled with me didn't put me or my appointment into their system. (I really need the Mr. Rolleyes emoji here!) The guy came yesterday afternoon and said that something in the structure behind the buttons broke. He ordered a new one and will install it next week.

Chrys - It's not the worst problem, but what a pain! Sorry it happened to you.

Anita - Here, it starts warming up and the cherry blossoms come out. And then, sometime in March, it warms up and everything else just busts out all at once. It's why the pollen here is so bad every spring. But it's pretty.

Paula - Yeah, more people seem to be finding me on that tutoring site. It's probably because of the reviews people have left for me. Our real estate agent got the previous people to leave their refrigerator, so we're not sure how old it is.

Laura's Workout Mantras: