Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-21, 10:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana sounds good to me...Let's do it!

Carol a massage sounds lovely! And finding a stretchy yoga class without downward dog is a treasure!

Donna are you doing Jessica's WS1 rotation for a month?

Today was a mobility warm-up before my TGU practice then T25 Focus Beta Ript circuit followed by mobility cooldown. Then later I did CS # 629 Hamstring and hips (which was more full body than dedicated to anything.) The T25 workout worked well using my Cathe resistance bands. Glad I picked up the set at Christmas.

I like the workouts I have done from my partial set of T25...too bad it isn't complete.

Happy Hump day to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 07:58 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I had one of those morning when I couldn't decide what workout I wanted to do. I planned on P57 Cardio Blast with Chad (not Andrew) and that's what I started with. One minute into the warmup we were on the floor doing pushups and pushup/leg raise combo and I wasn't having any of that, so I stopped.

I wasn't in the mood for Leslie or Jessica Smith. I looked at JV's calendar and she had beginners HIIT scheduled for today. I previewed it and I'm still not clicking with her so I passed. Then, trying to get something in, I pulled out GHUTV Walk, Sweat and Sculpt DVD and that's what I finally settled on. I did:

GHUTV Power Walk - 20min
GHUTV Upper Body Walk - 30min

For some reason I don't feel energized right now but tired and I'm dragging. I think it's the hot, sunny weather we've been having. Same again today. I have to run some errands particularly pick up some food for Oliver. This boy continues to eat like it's his last meal, so we're always replenishing his supplies. I love that boy! He continues to be happy, cheerful and loving and that makes me smile.

Waves to all!
Old 04-07-21, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, after work, DD and I walked - hope to so the same today and tomorrow before the rain starts....just in time for the weekend.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Smith - Cardio Flow from the Total Body Balance DVD (is that the name? It was from her first Fusion DVD...) Anyway, the choice today was either this or Brain Fitness Fun and since I did that one when it first appeared in the rotation, I went w/ this one today...

Blessful Body - Love Your Core Day 2

Linda - I'm doing WS 1.0 - Phase II - in this one she offers a choice each day. I may expand my choices even further, lol, so long as I stick w/ the them of the day. The rotation is 6 weeks, I am in week 3. I will do at least one more week and then decide if I want to fiinish up the whole 6 weeks. I may, it feels good to complete a rotation from time to time!

Dana - I just love hearing about Oliver!

Carol - that definitely sounds like a good rotation/plan.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 01:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I wonder if your body is still trying to adjust to the vaccine? Everyone adjusts to different time tables. You could potentially be feeling dehydrated as well if you're still adjusting to those meds. Lots to think about there. And no worries if you still don't feel 100% for insanity.

Donna I love that Cardio flow on that Jessica dvd.

Did full body mobility before and after my workouts today which were TGU practice, lower body kettlebell strength and 10 min of kettlebell HIIT.

And I will take a rest day tomorrow more than likely.

Waves to everyone!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-07-21, 04:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Typed up a long post and when I pressed submit reply I got a 500 Internal Server Error and lost it all! I'll be back later to try again.
Old 04-07-21, 07:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana ughhh I'm sorry!! That error is so FRUSTRATING!

Old 04-07-21, 08:50 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I felt sluggish and a bit headache-y most of the day. When I got back from running errands, I took a long nap and finally felt better after it.

We've noticed that cat food selection in our area has been lacking. We've been told that distributors are having some unspecified problems and that's why there is a shortage. We don't think that Oliver would accept that explanation, so we've purchased over $100 worth of his favorite canned cat food just to be sure he has what he likes. My dh and I laughed that this will probably be enough for Ollie for the next 2 weeks and not longer. This boy is always hungry and always wants more! We think we know why people in shelter named him Oliver. As in Oliver Twist! He is a lovely cat and we're so lucky to have him. He makes me smile and his presence is good for my mood and spirit!

Waves to all!
Old 04-07-21, 09:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

GHUTV - Beginner Gold Starting Strength 1 - 35 minutes

Before I did this workout I thought I had done it before, but now I'm not so sure. This felt like more of an endurance strength workout, so I used my 3 lb weights and that was plenty. The instructors used 5's and 3's.

Dana - the same thing is happening with dog food. It's getting really hard to find specialty brands and varieties and I don't know why. If your dog will eat Purina Dog Chow, then you can probably still find that in the store.

Linda - What is TGU? I feel like you've told us, but I can't remember.

Donna - Nice job hanging in there with Jessica! I guess if you quit after 4 weeks you can just look at it as completing a 4 week rotation instead of a 6 week one.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 10:13 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Linda - What is TGU? I feel like you've told us, but I can't remember.
Carol
Turkish get up! Sorry...😐
I need to stop being lazy and just type get up.

Old 04-08-21, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night DD and I walked. I'm enjoying getting out and walking in the evenings....plan to do the same tonight. My step count has improved, LOL!

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica - 6 Mile DVD - Lower Body Toning - I did this in place of the WS 1.0 Lower Body workout for some variety. I forgot all about this DVD....I will have to add some of the other miles in from time to time!

CS 1124 - this was a standing and barre workout. Feeling really stiff lately and this helped quite a bit. I really do need to keep CS in my routine at least a few times a week.

Plan to walk later!

Carol - I have to admit, my mind is wandering on the Jessica rotation....maybe three weeks is my max. I'll see how I do and if I want to keep going or not.

Dana - Oliver!

I have heard that there is a big pet food recall - I wonder if that is part of it??? Since the pandemic I have been ordering through Chewie...and I plan to keep that up - it is so much easier than hauling around the big bags. Actually, for cleaning and bulk supplies I have been using Walmart. And I have been ordering toiletries, etc. on-line. I plan to keep all of that up post-pandemic, it is convenient not having to run into the store and deal w/ the big packages, etc. Plus it does cut down on impulse purchases.

Waves, everyone!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote