Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-21, 05:27 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Brenda - from Brad & Bob's YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lFllI1qYYkDra5

a playlist for tennis elbow info, exercises and stretches.

Carol
Thank you!!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 08:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout on the GHUTV Fit Over 60 calendar was actually no workout, but I wanted to get something in, so I did

Jenny Ford - Walk Across America - Vermont - 30 minutes;
Journey to Mobility - Day 1 of 30 Day Stretch Challenge (Total Body) - 20 minutes

Jenny's walk was in Middlebury Vermont overlooking Otter Creek Falls. She included a few different moves from the previous two walks, but nothing that was difficult. For those of you who might be interested in purchasing these, they are not high quality videos (as in HD quality) at least the three that I have done are not. Insects get on the camera lens, etc. - still I have enjoyed them and am glad I bought them.

The stretch I did was not bad - but it's a YouTube video filmed in someone's living room. The instructor is very soft-spoken and doesn't cue very well for a stretch video when you can't always see the video. I always need more stretching in my life.

Happy Easter!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 10:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did one w/ Pahla:

Pahla B - April Playlist - Day 2 - Total Body Get Fit at Home. I wanted to do this one since it had a little bit of toning and a little bit of cardio. It was nice to visit w/ Pahla today - her positive attitude is so much appreciated and needed these days!

Trifecta Pilates - Mat Flow Workout -this was a 30 min Pilates routine.

DD and I walked in the afternoon on Saturday.

DD and I plan to walk a bit later.

Carol - I just love Bob & Brad! They have a lady named Jordan on their channel who does some workouts - I have been meaning to try one at some point.

Dana - that is good news about the 2nd shot, I hope it works that way here!!

Waves, everyone -

Happy Easter...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 10:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I have never noticed a Jordan on the channel with Bob and Brad. I will have to pay attention.

Carol you had me at mobility. Please post a link if you hit upon a good one.

Dana I hope your new meds aren't giving you the headache. And I'm game to try Freaky Friday again this week if it works for you.

Brenda I hope your elbow is better.

Today was TGU practice and lower body kettlebell followed with CS #624 legs. Great workout combo for me.

Waves to Christine and Cheri!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 07:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

GHUTV - Beginner Gold Upper Body Tone Up - 30 minutes;
Yoga With Kassandra - Evening Yoga #1 - 20 minutes

Although labeled a "beginner" workout, the GHUTV workout was a challenging one. I used 5's for my heavy set and 3's for my light set - there is no way I could have used 8's and 5's like the instructors did.

I had never done a Yoga with Kassandra video and thought this might be what I'm looking for in terms of stretching, but it was not. It was too challenging for me - and a practice that challenging would not be the least bit relaxing before bed. If I was more of a yogi, then I think it would have been lovely - soft music in the background, and Kassandra seems very nice and has a relaxing voice. My search for a stretching series continues.

I'm actually getting a massage today - first one in over a year! Looking forward to it, but still slightly nervous even though I'm fully vaccinated. It didn't take long for me to get used to hunkering down and staying away from people. And I actually ate in a restaurant at lunch on Friday - it was a late lunch and the restaurant is known for enforcing mask wearing when you are not seated (and servers all wear masks). But still! I actually enjoyed it.

Donna - Tell Pahla "hi" for me. I miss her. Maybe next month, I'll do a month of Pahla - she'll have 4 weeks of new stuff out by then. I do miss regular weight work though when I focus on Pahla. I know she does include weights, but not as much as I would like.

Linda - I will, but I'm not looking so much for mobility as I am stretching.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 04-05-21, 08:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

P57 Arms & Ab Booster - 30min
WATP Express 3 Advanced Miles - 45min

I don't know why this WATP Express DVD is called advanced. Maybe because of the 3 & 4 mile walks that are included on this dvd? I found it more beginner and lacking energy than any of her other walks but it got me moving somewhat so all is good. P57 Arms & Ab Booster moved quickly and it was OK. My goal is to go through all my P57 DVDs and then move on to something else. I'm planning to do P57 Cardio Blast tomorrow. I think this one is with Andrew.

Warm and muggy here. It's going to be high 70s - low 80s here for the next 3 days and I'm already hating it. I just turned my AC on because even Oliver looked miserable. He fits right in with us - none of us here like warm and muggy weather.

Linda, let's try for a Freaky Friday this week. I want to try that Insanity workout.

Hi to Carol, Donna, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 04-05-21, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On Sunday - I ended up doing two walks one w/ DD and Golden doggie and one w/ just DD. I got over 15K steps by the end of the day. The weather is perfect for this and we have to make the most of it before the heat and humidity settles in...which, around here, can happen overnight.

Today, so far, has been:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Day 1 - Morning Yoga Movement
Pahla B - March Playlist Day 1 - Cardio Workout to Lose Weight
Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates - Day 1 - warm-up and Pilates Level 1

Tonight I'm going to do Kassandra's evening yoga to check it out!

I am also planning a walk w/ DD.

I'm finding that Pahla's stuff is working well w/ the extra walking I have been doing. It is definitely more moderate than Jessica's WS 1.0 - so it is working well for me.

I want to finish WS 1.0 to say I finished a rotation - but I really am enjoying the Pahla workouts, particularly since I'm getting extra activity in w/ outdoor walks. So, I'm considering shelving WS 1.0 for the summer when it will be harder for me to walk outside due to the heat and humidity.

But, time will tell, we will see what I pick up tomorrow!

Carol - yes, Pahla will have 4 weeks of new content by next month! I know what you mean though, her workouts never seem to be totally "enough" for me - maybe it is my mindset that needs to shift? I am enjoying them for right now b/c I am getting so much extra activity in w/ walking - but I am not sure if I will feel they are enough when i go back to sitting for long stretches tomorrow....

Dana - our weather has been very nice - but we can get hot/humid overnight....

waves, Linda, Cheri, Christine, Brenda.....

Donna
Old 04-06-21, 06:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Easter Monday's workouts were

GHUTV - Beginner Gold Lower Body Tone Up - 30 minutes;
Moms into Fitness - Hip Stretches - 8 minutes

I found this lower body workout a bit challenging, but I didn't heavy up my weights like I generally do on a lower body workout. It was a mix of somewhat traditional exercises and barre work. I used my 5's and 3's and the instructors used 5's. Time went pretty quickly. Today's workout is a Hatha Yoga workout, so I'll be interested to see if that is more do-able for me than most yoga since it isn't a flow type workout.

My massage was good and I was pretty relaxed. This gal was good enough that I'll probably go back to her. Tomorrow I'm going to a new hair salon - remember my falling out with my old hairdresser? This place is apparently pretty good with their protocols.

Donna - Nice job with Pahla! I may call May a Pahla month - by then she will have 4 full weeks of new workouts to do. I've done a few of them, but haven't touched most of them. I may need a Pahla shot by then.

Dana - I think you are right about Leslie's walk - it's "advanced" because it's got the longer walks on it.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 04-06-21, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I went back to Jessica's WS 1.0 Phase II rotation. With the Phase II rotation you get a choice, so today, instead of doing WS 1.0 Upper Body, which I think I did last week, I did 30 Day Walk Set - Toning Walk which was a walking/toning workout w/ a resistance band.

I also did Kassandra's Morning Yoga Day # 2 and Blessful Body - Love Your Core Series - Day # 1.

Yesterday DD and I went for a walk and I also did Kassrandra's Evening Yoga Challenge Day # 2.

It is back to work for me today after a nice long weekend. I could totally get used to being retired, LOL!

On the vaccine front, our state is now open to everyone over age 16 - the trick will be finding an appointment. Hopefully soon.....

Carol - are you doing the Fit Over 60 plan? That one looked really good.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 04-06-21, 06:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

GHUTV - Gold Hatha Yoga 1 - 45 minutes

I actually enjoyed this yoga practice. It did not have a woo-woo component and had some challenging (for me) poses, but nothing too bad. No extended work on the hands either. And no down dog. I used my chair a couple of times for balance but that was it. Sheila led this one - from what Chris said in the intro, I'm thinking it was her first time leading a GHUTV workout, but you sure couldn't tell it.

Donna - Yes, this is the Fit Over 60 calendar that just released this month, I believe. It looked good to me, and it's why I renewed my subscription. If they were to bundle the workouts and sell DVDs like they have with some of the other GHUTV calendar sets, I'd buy it. I've enjoyed all of the workouts so far. It is a step up from Pahla I would say and pretty strength intensive, but I understand why. We really need strength as we age. I saw on the news that Maryland has opened up to anyone age 16 and up - crossing my fingers that you can get vaccinated soon.

Waves ~

Carol