Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-21, 05:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Like Anna, I enjoy a relaxing bath but not as much in the winter when our thermostat is set around 64 degrees. I guess I could raise the temp long enough to enjoy a bath!

When I am feeling anxious what generally calms me the most is baking. There have been times I feel like a new person after baking a batch of cookies. As a matter of fact, my family has been arguing about politics and climate change all afternoon and my nerves are frazzled so I'm fixing to make Andes mint cookies. True, they're doing it over text and I should have stopped reading long ago but you know how trainwrecks are!

My other relaxing activity is crocheting. Running can help as well, but I don't always have the mental energy to get out the door when I'm feeling stressed.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 06:42 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hot bath with bath salts for me.

Journaling makes a huge difference, and reading.

Lately I've been considering getting a shiatsu neck massager, but haven't purchased yet.
Old 02-17-21, 06:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I love meditation and yoga, but lately my go-to is The Great British Baking Show. Everyone is so nice, the setting is beautiful, the stakes are low, and you can look at amazing baked goods without gaining weight. What's not to love?
This is one of mine, too. (It's what I choose to watch at the dentist because it's soothing to me.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 06:59 PM  
DCW

I toss a comforter, throw or blanket in the dryer and get it warm. Then I wrap it around myself on the sofa and watch a comedy show guaranteed to make me laugh. When I go to bed I am warm, relaxed and in a good mood from laughing.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 07:06 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I have a five foot pad with heating stones and pemf that I lay on ...
What is this? It sounds interesting.

A tip for taking a bath: My thermostat is also set at 64/65. I have a small space heater that I used for camping. I now use it in my bathroom when I take a bathI set the portable heater for 70/72. Yummy warm in the room! Like a spa. I actually then enjoy going into a cooler room once I'm dried and dressed in warm clothes
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 07:07 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I take a walk with my dog and that always de stresses me. I will read for pure escapism or watch a favourite comedy movie. An Ellen or Jessica workout eases tension.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 09:20 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Reading, or watching The Office for the 1,000,000,000th time. Or just laying on my bed and letting my cats cuddle with me
This is me except Friends is my go to show. No matter how many times I've seen an episode it always makes me laugh. One of my cats has taken to following me around the house "talking" to me and I know she's saying "come sit down and pet me".
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 09:56 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 10:07 AM  
buffmama

yin yoga
not my cat videos or funny sign videos on youtube
Old 02-18-21, 10:57 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
What is this? It sounds interesting.

A tip for taking a bath: My thermostat is also set at 64/65. I have a small space heater that I used for camping. I now use it in my bathroom when I take a bathI set the portable heater for 70/72. Yummy warm in the room! Like a spa. I actually then enjoy going into a cooler room once I'm dried and dressed in warm clothes
I have done this, but having the bathroom fan on to cut down the humidity in the room it seems to suck the heat out right along with it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
relaxation, stress reduction, stress relief, yoga now