Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-21, 02:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I suppose I should add in my two cents..... I live in the rural "mountains" that make Silicon Valley be an actual valley. I'm about half hour from the beach, I'm surrounded by redwoods and we love almost everything about where we are..... except...... fire season. It's gotten so bad (really, it's practically year round at this point!) that we were thinking seriously about moving, but we cannot find anything we like as much as what we have here. We may regret this come summertime.... we'll see.
Old 02-21-21, 11:26 PM  
Genevieve M

Old time VFer, now more of a lurker, checking in...

I am a proud Bostonian, Jamaica Plain native (yay!) and Roslindale resident for the last 30 years.

What I love:
- great medical care, but we do pay a lot for it
- the seasons
- my house
- great food
- that everything is pretty close by - I can get to NYC, NH, ME, RI pretty easily
- living near the ocean
- Charles River
- the city's history

What I don't love:
- the high cost of real estate now
- that many native Bostonians aren't particularly friendly or welcoming to newcomers
- the politics
- the taxes
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 02:47 AM  
Kiwi Katie

I live just outside of Wellington, New Zealand. Being in the southern hemisphere we're in the middle of summer right now so I'm not complaining!

What I love about where I live: In NZ you're never that far from the sea. The beach and the bush are very close and I never take it for granted. There's a great arts scene, shopping is reasonably good and jobs are quite easy to find (though was probably better pre-Covid). The people are friendly and the coffee is excellent.

What I don't love so much: Earthquakes! Wellington sits on a number of active fault lines. Wellington is also known for its wind, which is known to ruin many an otherwise perfect summer's day. NZ is an expensive place to live and house prices are just insane at the moment. So houses are being built very quickly, quiet areas are becoming more populated and the infrastructure is just not going to keep up. But I think I'll stick around :-)
Kiwi Katie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
where do you live