Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-07-21, 10:20 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of February 7

Good morning everyone. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH + ICE Chiseled Upper Body.

It's been snowing here for a couple of hours but the snow isn't sticking on the road as the temps are just above freezing. The falling snow looks so pretty though.

Is everyone watching the Super Bowl tonight? I plan to watch at least some of it and have good snacks.

Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 09:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off JBliff. DH is watching the SuperBowl and I am tuning in a little. Seems exciting.

Heather and I did our longest run on a while, 20 miles, thus morning. Perfect weather at about 49-50 degrees. We did run/walk intervals.

I am seeing lots of friends posting pics about falling snow. Glad yours is pretty Jbliff!

Night, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 06:42 AM  
Cher

Saturday’s workout was Cathe’s Body Fusion.

Vannie - Great find with Candlelight Yoga. I enjoy that one. Like everyone else, I never find anything good at those places.

Karen - I still can’t believe you got snow! . Great job on that long run!

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off. Glad your snow is just light and pretty.

Waves to Gibbee & Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 08:30 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Rockout Knockout with Heavy Bag Bonus.

Karjoy - Great run! I only watched the first quarter of the Super Bowl and the half-time show, which was weird. I didn't think The Weeknd music really lent itself to a huge venue like the Super Bowl.

Cher - The snow went on for hours but it never stuck. I almost wished it did.

Waves to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 02-08-21, 04:56 PM  
Vantreesta

We spent the wknd with my father-in-law. Thankfully he has recovered and you wouldn't even know he had covid. As usual I was a complete slug while there. It was even colder up there but I did get out Saturday to the thrift store and then picked up pizza for supper. Got family sized pizzas from Papa Murphy's and hubby and I were so hungry there was only 1 1/2 pieces left of ours! Eating is so irregular there bc he never cooks so if I want to cook I have to bring all the ingredients or make smthg ahead of time to just bake.

This morning after our walk (with real feel of -18 but sunshine and no wind so I was overdressed and hot) I did day 14 of Lucy's Fitness Advent calendar. I think I am done with this. She and the workouts just don't do much for me. Many things I would rather do so even though there's only 10 days of the challenge left I am giving it up. Then I did 2.122 mi on the treadmill for wk2 day2 of the 10k trainer. I'm struggling with the Zombies Run app bc an Android update messed up one of the features. My phone is two updates behind the one that fixes it so I have no clue when mine will work right. The app tells you a story of a mission you're on with breaks in btwn where your music of choice plays. The update broke the ability for the music to play so now I hear story then silence then story, etc. I am finding I can't stay focused bc in the silence my mind wanders and I can't remember/track what's going on in the mission. I guess I'll have to play the stereo and keep the remote on the treadmill to adjust the volume. Not sure what I'll do when I can run outside. I should have done the next day of Fightmaster Yoga but all I wanted was a shower and food to silence my growling stomach. I may do the yoga tonight while our chili simmers.

My knee has been hurting again today since before I worked out. I hadn't worked out since Thu, hadn't shoveled since Fri and was a bum over the wknd. I'm wort of wondering if it isn't from all the slipping on ice. I haven't fallen so far this year but have slipped so many times.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 06:38 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe Basic Step and Lower Body Add-on.

JBliff - I had no idea who the singer for the halftime show was but once watching, I did recognize a couple songs a little......only because I’ve heard them from DS playing a few before.

Vannie - Glad to hear your FIL is back to himself now. Hope your knee starts feeling better. This cold weather we have just makes me want to be a slug.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 12:59 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Lower Body Blast. It's been years since I did this one and it was pretty fun.

Cher - DH and I both like The Weeknd's music but like I said, we thought the half-time show was not very good.

Vannie - That is great news about your FIL. It makes sense that your knee might be hurting from slipping on the ice. I hope it improves soon. That is so cold where you live!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 02-09-21, 06:39 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys. It has been raining or misting or sprinkling all day here. I call this Sherlock Holmes weather— Dark and misty like I picture London. We ran 5 miles this morning I the mist and we did get soaked in a couple downpours. Ugh, soggy shoes. I did some step ups too.

Vannie I bet you’re right that the slipping hurt your knee. Gosh it is wonderful that your father in law is doing so well.

Jbliff it’s weird that all that snow never stuck. I bet it was pretty though.

Cher I think it is supposed to be super freezing cold for you this weekend. Vannie too.

Hi Gibbee, night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 06:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, your London description made me smile. You aren't as dark as I am. Anytime it's foggy at night I think of Jack the Ripper!

My brother tested positive for covid on Sunday. All he had was some sniffles and felt like the beginning of a cold when he got up Saturday, but he never has sinus or allergy issues and can't remember the last time he had a cold. Two of his coworkers are out with it and he just didn't want to risk passing it so had a rapid test. So far he feels totally fine and is able to work from home for the two weeks.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 07:44 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: So good to hear your FIL is doing well now. Sorry to hear that about your brother. HOpefully he only has a mild case.

Cher: I missed the half time show but I heard all about it at work on Monday. I was driving home from Mom's house. I left her house after the second quarter since Monday was coming... along with more cold temps and more precip. I don't know how you guys do it. We are in the teens in the day and single digits at night for several days now... going into the weekend where they say the temps (not the feels like temp, but the temp) will be -7 two nights in a row. BRRRR.

Karen: I don't see how people can live like that (dark, rainy). Yeesh. Not my style at all.

JBliff: I haven't done ROKO in a while. Maybe I should.

Drive by: Waiting to go pick up dinner out tonight. DD and her fiance' are closing on their house the 19th... unless it gets moved up to the 16th. They are getting more excited by the day. I am excited and a bit tearful about DD moving out in the coming weeks. (They won't move in right away...we want to have the floors and ventilation system cleaned.) I'll be all alone at that point.

Workouts are OK - some days I really have to coax myself to show up for myself. I'm not happy with my body (I weigh more now than I ever weighed pregnant) so it is a mental struggle. I know it's from all of the stress, but please, body, let go of some of it!

Yesterday was Lite Pyramid Pump Upper Body - Up.
Today was HASfit's 35 minute leg workout (tough!).

Will hope to get back later tonight or this week sometime.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote