Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-21, 08:24 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - What Do You Get When You Cross a Snowman & a Vampire? Frostbite! 2/7

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 08:31 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was trying to come up with a theme about winter that wasn't whiny about it. I thought this one was amusing.

I need to do some cooking for me. I'll cook linguini with white clam sauce, one of my favorite dishes, for me for lunch. And I'll cook the pieces for DH to have chicken and broccoli covered baked potatoes for dinner. Other than that, not much will be going on here today. This evening, we'll go to Mom and Dad's for dessert and some of the Super Bowl.

We went on a walk in the neighborhood yesterday for the first time in a while. It was good to get out. We may try again today if the rain isn't constant today. It's another gray day here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-07-21, 09:27 AM  
sciencelady

Laura, I love this theme! Too funny!

I'm planning on putzing around the house and cleaning/vacuuming some rooms. I'll try to do another walk with Gus - yesterday was a three block walk. Gus is also enjoying the juices from my crock pot roast in his kibble . It's cold out there! I'm still doing the reading of the All Creatures Great and Small books - takes me a while nowadays to read - used to consume an entire book in an evening before - now, if I can get 40 pages down, that's great!

Laura, it's a nice sunny, COLD day - no snow coming down since last Wednesday night, and that was a light snowfall before the temps plunged downwards. I used to go to a Super Bowl party as it corresponds to a circus coach's birthday, but nowadays with Covid, that's not happening. (We watched commercials for the most part ).

Paula, Glad you enjoyed your quiet day. If I were to try home made bread, it'll probably end up with big bubbles in the dough . Ever since my friends lived with me I've been making sandwiches like BLTs and a egg and cheese sandwich just about every day for lunch - never really ate much bread before this.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Kassandra Morning Day 7 followed by Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 27 and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. Got a nice laugh from the theme. We watched some of the Super Bowl but we didn't get any dessert though. Enjoy your linguini. I have some multigrain bread proofing overnight. I guess wheat and multigrain breads are hard to get right - often come out too heavy and dense, so fingers crossed this will be edible.

Anita, I am sure the crockpot gravy is making it up to Gus for the lack of walks. I used to be able to read a lot more in an evening than can now - by alot. Big bubbles in the dough are desired in sourdough. Why are you eating more sandwichs now than in the past - did your friends turn you on to really good bread?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 09:04 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on more putzing around the house and a short walk for Gus around the blocks at my house - yesterday was a one block walk! I forwarded through the Super Bowl yesterday to watch the ads and half time show. I have no idea who the half time show performer was .

Paula, Gus is loving the gravy off the crockpot meat . I don't think my friends praised the bread too much - I just use a Sara Lee butter bread. It toasts up well for sandwiches and tastes good to me. I figure the sandwiches get more veggies into me using lettuce and tomato in there .

Anita
Old 02-08-21, 10:28 AM  
Vantreesta

Just popping in to saying love the theme, Laura! I like to joke that I'm a vampire polar bear bc I love the cold and snow but not a fan of the sun! Thanks for the laugh!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 10:58 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Not much planned for today. I had a Zoom call with a friend this morning, and that's the only official "event" today. I hope to go for a walk this afternoon in the neighborhood and I want to clean out my office/craft room some more. I'm getting to the edges of the mess, so I'm hoping that I can start putting things back soon.

Last night was fun. We had popcorn and king cake and watched the first half of the game. I had decided that I was for Kansas City, but found myself rooting for Tampa Bay. The commercials were pretty good, too.

Vantreesta - Thanks for popping in. I'm glad you liked the theme and that it gave you a laugh.

Anita - I can get into your logic of eating more bread in order to add more veggies. Isn't that called a balanced diet?

Paula - I hope that the bread turns out to be good and not too dense. It's good you are willing to try. The linguini with white clam sauce is the easiest thing in the world to make and it's so good. Thank goodness for leftovers today!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-08-21, 09:03 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga Splits and a neighborhood walk with DH.

I ended up hanging around the house waiting for people to coome and give us estimates on replacement windows - both were late. So I occupied myself making multigrain yeast rolls and sewing on my latest quilt.

Anita, we watched some of the Super Bowl but didn't see the half time show and DH bitched about too many commericals and turned the sound off, so not sure what which were the best ones. Sandwiches definately are a good way to get your veggies.

Vantressta, thanks for popping in.

Laura, After spending the day sewing and making bread I decided on easy for dinner and made - french toast and scrambled eggs. We almost never do that, but it was really good - due to my insistance on quality maple syrup rather than my ability to make good french toast.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 09:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm still sheltering from the cold in my house - yesterday was a seven block walk with Gus - today, probably the same as we're in the positive temp numbers today! but still in single digits. Otherwise, more putzing around the house, reading the All Creatures book, and doing more vacuuming.

Thanks for popping in, Vantreesta! Laura comes up with some great titles for these threads!

Laura, I did connect up with my brother on Facetime yesterday - he's enjoying a vacation down in Florida! I didn't watch any of the game parts of the Super Bowl, just the ads and halftime show. Supposedly there was a Latvian man on the Kansas City side, but I didn't bother searching for him amongst the red shirts - according to others, he never touched the ball. Well, go ahead and laugh at my sandwiches as a source of veggies , but frankly I eat a lot of salad with each BLT sandwich!

Paula, glad you got your estimates, despite the wait on windows. I got every window in my house replaced back when I re-sided the house. I was kind of bewildered at the half time performers wearing the face masks - it looked like they were wearing underwear over their faces . French toast and scrambled eggs sounds like a wonderful dinner .

Anita
Old 02-09-21, 09:47 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is seems to be a nice day out. DH took stuff out to the mailbox and said that it's cool, but not cold. And the cloud cover should clear through the day. I have a couple of boxes that I have decorated and customized for storage of my craft supplies. They need to have a protective layer put on them and that stuff smells, so I will try to do that out on the front porch this afternoon. We also may try to get out for a walk this afternoon. I also need to pick up an order at Publix and I'll go for that this morning.

Paula - Breakfast for dinner. Good syrup makes up for a lot and I do the same thing.

Anita - I was laughing at your sandwich because that logic made so much sense to me. I thought I ought to try it. Good for your brother having a break from the winter weather.

Laura's Workout Mantras: