Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-21, 03:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did some gentle Qi Gong today with Marisa Cranfill and Mimi Kuo-Deemer. All on YouTube...Marisa"s Purge and Tonify, Circulation Flow and Mimi's Five Elements. Would like to get a bit more of something in later...but we'll see how that goes. Yeah, I liked Marisa so much I repeated the same workout from yesterday, as she said that one is good to warmup and cleanse before any kind of circulation flow Qi Gong. She's a little woo-woo talking about white light and stuff like that, but I just ignore most of that new age-y speak.

I'm a little tired today, but think it's mostly the overcast day we're having here. I have to run out and get our estimated taxes postmarked and mailed. April 15th came much too fast for me. Don't like State and Feds taking more of our money every year, but don't have a whole lot of choice.

Good to see most everyone posting! Yay, check-in buddies!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 06:55 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Been busy the last couple of days. My boss has been out due to the death of her father from COVID, so I had a lot of stuff to do. She'll be back tomorrow. I've been keeping up with workouts and walking. It was cold and rainy today so I stayed in.

Liz, Glad to hear you got through your second shot and now it's all behind you! My nephew is graduating from college next month and is moving to California. I worry about how dry it is and the fires.

Donna, I read that the chance of anything bad happening from the J&J shot is literally 1 in a million, so it's probably fine, but I guess it's good they're being cautious.

Sherry, Fusion sculpt is one of my favorites because of the tai chi at the end. I wish Jessica would do a tai chi workout.

Pam, Yeah, I like the Total Gym workouts even more than I thought I would. There's no dread and it's just what I need right now. I saw your post about the accident near you. I live on a busy street and that type of thing happens far too often. They're actually going to be installing a traffic light on that corner that will hopefully help, but it's scary whenever I hear brakes screeching.

Have a good night!
Old 04-15-21, 11:08 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Checking in with Pahla Day 9 in the books. This one she billed as "heart-healthy" since it was pretty steady state cardio. It was good. I also walked my dog but I should have started earlier and gone a bit longer.

More house troubles here, my kitchen floor which is hard wood just started warping or buckling. So strange. There hasn't been any serious spills on it so I am worried something is going on underneath the floor? I see no water! I rent my house and get paranoid that the landlord is going to decide to sell the place. I can't think about it too much! We're calling a handyman/plumber/person tomorrow and try to find out what is going on. Ugh.

So glad tomorrow is Friday.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm sorry to hear about your boss's father. My co-worker who had COVID is still slowly recovering and he is one of the healthiest guys I know! I'm glad we are all close to being fully vaccinated!

Pam, I need to do my taxes this weekend. Or more like, get all my papers together so I can bring them to someone else to do my taxes. It is helpful to have this extra month. Hopefully I'm one of the few procrastinators so I won't have trouble making an appointment.

Donna, it looks like you are doing several back workouts. Is your back feeling better?

Waves to Sherry!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 11:42 PM  
Leonana

Due to Pam's reviews, last night I did Marisa's Qigong Purge and Tonify from the Yoqi, Yoga and Qigong you tube channel. I enjoyed it, it relaxed me and worked out some soreness in my lower back. I slept really well last night too. Although, my arms and shoulders got a bit tired with one of the moves.

Today was Brain Fitness Fun from WS 1. I really enjoyed this one. Jessica looked like she was having fun with it, and it cheered me up. I have to agree with Pam, Lift and Shift is missing the fun of other workouts. It's a more of a get the job done type rotation. It does have cute comments from Peanut, but Peanut doesn’t have to do the workout lol.

Liz, I'm sorry to hear about your floor. That is a worry, if there's water under there. I hope that isn't the case.

Donna, good point. I'm sure I would have been stressing out if I had gotten the J&J shot! I'm glad you didn't have any bad side effects from the Pfizer.

Pam, I paid our taxes a couple of weeks ago. I found out you can make multiple payments, so I'm going to pay every month. I stress out, thinking the money will get spent. Thanks for posting about Marissa, I really enjoyed Purge and Tonify. The moves were very different, but they felt good. There is a lot of woo!

wishiwasinhawaii, that would be nice if Jessica would do a tai chi workout. But I think Lift and Shift might be on the opposite end of that, lol. Even the mobility workouts are kind of tough!
Old 04-16-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Cool

Hi!

Workouts so far....

Yesterday evening DD and I took a walk - it was a very windy evening! I didn't realize it until we started walking - but we got through it.

Today was Prehab on Jessica's WS 1.0 rotation - so, for my prehab, I did:

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Practice, Sciatica Practice and Scoliosis Practice

I hope to walk later today!

Liz- I hope you can figure out what is going on w/ your floor! EEK!

Pam - Those look like nice workouts!

Sherry - last night i slept the best I have in a long time....

wishiwasinhawaii - I definitely need low stress workouts these days!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 04:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was workout #10 with Jenny's Walk Across America (Delaware!) Pretty setting with all the brick pavers and homes! There was movement in the background, cars stopping at intersections, people walking, so more to watch this time!

I also added Lee's 30 Day Challenge #20 which was good, also. Love that these are short and sweet and so easy to fit in.

I spent the day getting estimates/bids from landscapers. Waiting on people to show up. Plus we're involved in Patriot's Day zoom events, and tonight an Egyptology lecture zoom event from Brown U.

Liz, sorry to hear about your floor! Hope it doesn't end up being too much of a pain!

Have a good weekend all!

April Focus:
Old 04-16-21, 08:45 PM  
Leonana

Today was 360 Abs, another favorite. It even has some floor ab work I can do - deadbug, and plank. Unfortunately, I've discovered I can't do leg lifts either. I've been struggling with a sore lower back, and I usually only have that issue with crunches. I couldn't figure out what was hurting my back, and it just hit me that it's probably the leg lifts. Well, I can still do the Pilates 100, it's always a good substitute.

I went back to the Sports Exchange and exchanged my Hex dumbbells for iron. The rubber smell just wouldn't go away, and it smelled terrible. I couldn't keep them in my bedroom, and that's where I work out. Fortunately, they gave me full credit! I had an extra $10 credit, so I bought some weight gloves. I was pretty happy about that!

Donna, I’m glad you slept well. I think I might be nervous about my second shot. I’m sleeping okay, but I have no memory! I keep doing absent minded things and forgetting stuff. I have one more week until my shot, thankfully.

Pam, your Egyptology lecture sounds interesting. I watch a you tube channel called Vintage Egyptologist. It’s two professors who are husband and wife, and they have some interesting topics. I also follow them on IG. Good luck with your landscaping.
Old 04-16-21, 10:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

It's funny that you would mention "Vintage Egyptologist" as Colleen Darnell was the professor who spoke tonight. She's currently in Egypt with her husband on a dig, but the talk tonight was about Egyptian architecture in the US among other things. The Providence Athenaeum hosted for this zoom event and they have an Egyptian cabinet in their library that we've seen many times while we were there for other events. Colleen is very fashionable and tonight she was dressed in 1920's vintage clothing in jewel tone colors with her eye makeup done up beautifully.

This was the event page.

https://providenceathenaeum.org/cale...-egyptologist/

April Focus:
Old 04-17-21, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today was a mix of:

Classical Stretch - Episode 1130

Jessica Valent - Pilates Challenge w/ Weights.

I definitely have room to grow w/ Jessica's.

I will walk later as it is a bright, sunny day.

Today was supposed to be upper body on the JS WS 1.0 rotation, but I felt like doing something else - Jessica V's included some arm work...so all good.

Pam and Sherry - I will have to check out that channel on You Tube

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 09:39 AM  
Leonana

Pam, how interesting! She has mentioned zoom events on her Instagram. I didn’t realize they were in Egypt, but maybe she mentioned it in a post. I love her Instagram photos, she has such beautiful pictures. Her looks fit the 20’s so well! I enjoyed their you tube videos, although some of it is over my head, lol. Thanks, I will check out the link. Many of her IG photos show US architecture.

I follow a few vintage channels. I find it fascinating what they come up with for clothes and lifestyle.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy