Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-21, 05:32 PM  
Terry

Can any of you fantasy lovers help me stop going crazy with a vague memory:
  1. The protagonist is female.
  2. There is something - I think a doppelganger but maybe called something else.
  3. This doppelganger or whatever is named May, or Maye or some similar spelling. I listened rather than read so never knew how her name was spelled.
  4. May developed a unique personality and I think this was unusual for this type of creature.
  5. I think the protagonist and May looked exactly alike, and May just showed up a the front door one day.
  6. I think it is a Fantasy Series. None of my series in my audible account have any character like this, so maybe I listened to it on CD back when vehicles still had CD players - or maybe I just dreamed all of this up and there is no such series with any human-looking creature named May
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 05:42 PM  
DD546

Two books I've read recently that I heartily recommend are "The Invisible Life of Addie Larue" by VE Schwab and "The Midnight Library" by Matt Haig. I just finished "The Kept Woman" by Karin Slaughter. It's a Will Trent Sara Linton book, and I enjoyed it.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 06:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I really like Marcia Willet's books. I have avoided the books I know have recurring characters so I can figure out their order and I can sort out what I have and what I need.

I've started When We Were Young & Brave by Hazel Gaynor. It's good, but it's going to be an emotionally hard book.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 07:00 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Can any of you fantasy lovers help me stop going crazy with a vague memory ...
It doesn't sound familiar. Are you on reddit at all? There are a number of groups there that might be able to help out: https://www.reddit.com/r/whatsthatbook/
Old 02-03-21, 08:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
It doesn't sound familiar. Are you on reddit at all? There are a number of groups there that might be able to help out: https://www.reddit.com/r/whatsthatbook/
I've also used this thread on Good Reads:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...e-of-that-book

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 11:10 PM  
Pam

Recently read:
Josephine Baker’s Last Dance by Sherry Jones. A remarkable woman who was extremely poor and abused as a child, who grew up to become a well known dancer and actress in Europe, part of the French Resistance in WW11, and helped to push towards the elimination of racism in US.

Wild Totem by Jiang Rong Story of Inner Mongolia and recent changes there.

That Churchill Woman by Stephanie Barron. Biography of Winston Churchill’s Mother. After reading the first 50 pages, I skimmed the rest. I am not entertained by reading of expensive, wild parties put on the wealthy English in late 2800s-early 190s. Also pages and pages of who was sharing whose beds and other gossip.

The Secret Ingredient Murders by Nancy Pickard. I guess wrong on who did it. 😊
Old 02-17-21, 06:16 AM  
Carol K

I'm reading Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman, prequel to the prequel to Practical Magic.
Old 02-17-21, 08:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I am reading two different books with some Asian/Middle Eastern cultural themes:

Laughing Without an Accent, a humorous book of memoir-type anecdotes and the follow-up to Funny in Farsi.

Vine of Desire, a novel and sequel to Sister of my Heart, featuring the same Indian women characters.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 09:25 AM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
Two books I've read recently that I heartily recommend are "The Invisible Life of Addie Larue" by VE Schwab and "The Midnight Library" by Matt Haig. I just finished "The Kept Woman" by Karin Slaughter. It's a Will Trent Sara Linton book, and I enjoyed it.
We have similar tastes. These books are on my "to read" list. How were they? I've also come to appreciate romantic comedies, rom-com's. I NEVER would have read or listened to that genre before but I came across "The Un-honeymooners" and laughed out loud. I absolutely loved it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 11:31 AM  
DD546

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
We have similar tastes. These books are on my "to read" list. How were they? I've also come to appreciate romantic comedies, rom-com's. I NEVER would have read or listened to that genre before but I came across "The Un-honeymooners" and laughed out loud. I absolutely loved it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I loved both books! On the Rom com front, I haven't read anything recently, but a laugh out loud book for me is The Rosie Project. I didn't care as much for the sequel, but The Rosie Project was great if you haven't read it.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, winter reading