Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-21, 11:44 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Finishing my workout week last week, and starting up again today:

Saturday: The weather didn't totally cooperate so I went for a run/walk on my treadmill, then Firm Better Body and Buns, without weights but I have been using bands/tubing for some upper body work where I can without bending my wrist, for a 65 minute workout.

Sunday: Long walk outside and then several of Barlates 5 Best Exercise workouts, I did some standing abs, mat abs, standing thigh, pretzel set, and the arms chapter too unweighted. All in all a 95 minute workout!

Monday-Tuesday: rest days

Today: Firm Volume 4. I didn't use weights of course so it was much easier than it would usually be, but it's very cardio focused so I didn't feel like I was missing out TOO much. Hope to get the brace off this Friday finally!!

I'm kind of just wandering aimlessly (figuratively speaking) with my workouts until I can start lifting again, then it's right back to Cathe! I miss it but my wrist feels stronger every day. In fact since I probably would have had the brace off by now, I'm letting it go for 20 minute stretches a couple of times a day just for ease of writing and typing, and I find myself lifting my glass or plates without my brace and am fine. Hopefully I will get the formal okay on Friday.

Eventmom I meant to get in on the Classical Stretch season 11 freebie weekend but I forgot about it LOL. I will probably pick up Slim and Limber at some point! And I look forward to trying Tamilee on Friday.

Buzzer Sorry to hear you were excluded from Easter because of a cold! People are crazy right now about the pandemic. At least you're feeling better!

I've had many critters in my life, but never bunnies. I heard they can be litter trained and be around the house like a cat or dog. They are adorable! I agree wouldn't mix well with dogs though. I thought the mini donkey looked adorable too! So DH has lost interest? I'm glad Eugene is recovering great from his leg injury! I'm glad the doggos are buddies and take care of each other!
Old 04-07-21, 11:55 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today- kathy smith long and lean whatever it's called. its the 40 min cardio from her project you set. I picked up the set for cheap on ebay - 3 dvds with all the workouts. then the 20 min ttapp floor workout.

ebianco - you've really kept up your workouts despite your injury! It is hard to sort out what to do or get any type of rotation going when you are coping with an injury. I'm struggling with what to do since my dr. hasn't vague about restrictions. I am not lifting weights so maybe ballet tomorrow.

buzzer - it's gotten hard to find ttapp - good thing you kept yours! I'm wishing I'd known they were closing down.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 05:22 AM  
Buzzer

Ttapp one of the hit the floors... DONE!
Lady Bug... DONE!

The hit the floor reminded me of a workout I had ripped from a magazine YEARS ago, I used to call it the "rolling workout". The workout rolled side to side on the floor, starting in a seated position with your legs out in front of you, then ending in a laying down position with your arms overhead. I think I threw it away recently when I was frustrated and just grabbed a handful of old papers and threw them away. Now I wish I had gone through them! I wonder if that old workout was Teresa?

Some of the exercises were exactly the same, so I'm sure it was!

I did lady bug yesterday. I just love that workout now. I am focusing on form, but not to the point where I am trying to tense everything and force my knees out. I think that's where I burnt myself out last time. Now I am just doing the moves to the best of my ability, but not striving for perfection and not worrying the whole time that I am not doing it "perfectly" and won't see results. Now I know I probably won't see results anyhow, but if I at least get better posture, I"m good.

Eventmom: So I was going to get more workouts too, but now I guess all you can get them on is Amazon or Ebay. Since Teresa died, she didn't have a will so her estate has been in probate since 2017 (I think that's when she died). The lawyers were supposed to keep things at least online, but they didn't and some other rogue person got the site when it expired and put up just click bait and is probably making money on people who don't know. Of course, people who bought streaming workouts they couldn't download are all upset, which is another nail in the coffin of streaming for me. And that "lifetime access to your workouts!!" Not gonna do that either. All those people are upset because they no longer have access, some of them paid right before the site went down. More reason for me at least, to buy DVD's and not stop!

I'm glad I have the workouts I do now. I picked up a few more on Amazon, they are only $20 for the ones I got, but there are limited titles there. I will have to watch eBay if my t-tapp goes on too long. I do have one or two hit the floors, some of the seminars, ladybug, and one or two others, so I have plenty of t-tapps to get me through.

Of course there are "t-tapp instructors" who are putting things on YouTube, and some day if I continue on this path I will look into them. However, I also know with Teresa gone the instructors will slowly change things and evolve it, and right now I am being a purist

My cold is mostly gone now, so I am getting back into working out more. I took some days off just because I didn't want to push the cold further into my system. I somehow got info on a "lymphatic seminar" and have been listening to some of the speakers, and it's really interesting. I remember a friend of mine when I was a massage therapist was doing lymphatic massage, and I thought that if I kept doing massage much longer I would go into that since it's gentle work and I was getting aches and pains from deep work. Then add in my current t-tapp stuff, and that reinvigorated my interest. Last time I did t-tapp I tried dry brushing, but got annoyed with how much time it took. In the seminar there's a guy with a "1 minute lymphatic massage" so I am going to hang out with him and his minute. Much more doable.

I guess I am going in a totally new direction with my workouts! I think I'm at the point where I'm thinking nothing is working, so instead of stressing about trying to get results, I'm going in the direction of learning more about my body and just moving, which was always a passion with me before I became obsessed with results.

Ebianco: I think the only reason DH has lost interest in the donkey is because we are in the middle of the garage build, and then he is still thinking he wants to build a house (even though I told him I am over that one). So he doesn't want to have a donkey wandering around while our yard is torn apart for years. Plus with getting big trucks in and out, and all the construction stuff... we'd have to fence off another part of the yard just to keep him in so he'd stay away from the area.

Hopefully you get your "OK" soon! I think it's great you have been kinda feeling it out and trying without the brace on. It's funny how we are so conditioned to waiting for the official word, like that is when we are finally healed, we usually do what we are "supposed" to do until the Doctor says "you are released!". It sounds like your wrist is healed though, so high five for working your way out of the brace before he give his blessing!

I think I always go to "what would Little House on the Prairie do?" which is a weird way to think, but it gets me out of the modern world and into when people were a little more intuitive living. Anyhow, Ma Ingalls would have taken her brace off when she felt better too. So good for you for doing it the Little House way

Oh, as a side note, I did sign LB up for the karate through 2nd degree black belt. We want her to be a black belt anyhow, and since we started we might as well finish (which I am sure is what they bank on too!) I am still nervous about having to take her there 2 times a week for the next 4-5 years, but I will figure it out. Luckily, another Mom I have known for a while has signed up too, and we will see each other there, I'm sure a lot! She has 4 kids, and just signed up her oldest. So I"m sure as each successive kid wants to do it, she has just committed herself to like 10 years of 2 times a week. So I think "if she can do it, knowing she may be doing this for the next decade, I can too." I am just glad she will get her 2nd degree black belt. I will worry less about her in life now!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 10:46 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

20 min gina b walk + janice leonard ballet

I think I'll try a ballet week - I've lost so much condition but still trying to be careful

buzzer - I guess I heard she didn't have a will but totally forgot. that's terrible that someone highjacked her website. I am with you on the promises of lifetime access for streaming. I have two sets I bought that stream and so far so good but not something I'll do again. I hear you on the frustration of what workout makes sense? What is worth the time?

hi ebianco!
Old 04-10-21, 05:58 AM  
Buzzer

about 1/2 of Super Slow... DONE!

I decided I will do one day of lady bug or a tougher T-tapp, then one day of a slow seminar for form. that way, if I am not "perfect" on my form for the tougher day, I will make up for it on the seminar day where you usually stand there in form while she chatters on.

The super slow was really good. I only got about 1/2 of it done, up through ho downs, because LB had a dentist appointment so I had to go get us ready for that. Today my back muscles are sore, so that's good! I think my biggest take away from this workout was how to hold my arms back during ho downs. Made a huge difference.

I am actually liking ttapp right now. It just seems more gentle, but my heart rate gets up and I sweat. I feel like I am getting a full body workout, and struggling less with it than I was last time I tried it. I might get a few more tttapps off of amazon because a few of them say "8 left!" or some low number, and if I don't need them I'm sure I can sell them for at least what I bought them for. I am sadly putting body beast on the back burner right now. part of me is longing to do it again, another part of me that still wants results is saying "lets give ttapp a try for at least a month. See what happens. Focus on weight loss at this point." So I will try.

Yesterday was a busy day... LB had her dentist appointment, then we watched the Flintstone movie in the car while we ate lunch however it was doing taxes day so we did that afterwards. I got this big free standing wardrobe thing for our front door... we don't have a coat closet, and pretty much every solution I have had for the last 15 years hasn't worked. this time, I think I got it! So we put that together. It was pretty easy to do, LB had a great time doing it! I thought it took us maybe an hour, it ended up taking us 2 1/2! But it was worth it. We had fun, it wasn't complicated, and today we move it into place and it should solve the front door clutter problem we have had for 15 years!

Today is moving that into place and getting it all filled with our entryway clutter (hopefully clutter no more!), and getting the camper ready for us to spend tonight in. LB has been wanting to stay in the camper again, so I told her since tonights low is 40 (which is OK for keeping the camper warm) we can do it. Next week is snowy and cold again, so tonight is our only night that should be OK!

Eventmom: I remember from my last go around with ttapp that super slow and ladybug were my favorites. I probably should branch out more, but so far I am sticking with those two because I do like them! Are your headaches better yet? What a long road
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-10-21, 04:20 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - a youtube ballet workout and some cardio
today - gina b walk to the decades 35 mins, the pace is much faster than her other workouts and I've gained weight so hopefully this will help. Then barre amped - glutes, thighs and stretch. found this on amazon prime!

buzzer - I hope your wardrobe helps your front door clutter! I have something probably a similar I put in my garage for all my outdoor/barn coats. I have no idea what I would do without it!

hi ebianco!
Old 04-12-21, 06:06 AM  
Buzzer

Ladybug... DONE!
Step Away the Inches (Ttapp)... DONE!

I did ladybug after super slow, since super slow is pretty much showing the exercises in ladybug. It worked! I felt it much different. I did read that the knees out isn't really a "knees out", like I was doing it. I was doing more like if I had a band around my knees I was trying to stretch out. Instead, it's rotating out at the hips to take your knees out, which puts less strain on my knees. Plus it seems to work harder. So there's that change.

Yesterday I did SATI, which was fun. I just walked and did the ttapp form. I felt good! Then, after church we worked on the garage until 8pm. I was the grunt and hauled blocks with a dolly. I'd stack 4 on the dolly, then drag them up an incline into the garage where I'd unload them onto a platform. Then I'd move them from the bottom platform (of scaffolding) to the higher platform. If DH was on a ladder instead, I would pick up each block (each is about 25 pounds), curl it with a bicep curl, then do like a clean and press to get the block up to him on the ladder. We did 2 rows of blocks all around the garage, so I clean and pressed easily about 125 or more blocks. By the end, I was so tired that when LB asked what I planned to make for dinner, I didn't even have the extra brain power to think of anything. It was like all I could do was focus on getting blocks, lifting blocks. My body was giving up.

I was exhausted! I don't think I brushed my teeth last night. Today my body is very sore all over. So I will take a rest day. I thought about doing a stretch or "finger and foot fitness" (ttapp) today, because I got that one a long time ago but never did it (in case it was too easy), however I don't want to accidentally do anything but a stretch today so I might skip it. It's hard now that the site is down to find out about individual workouts.

Our wardrobe is up and together and filled... I LOVE it. It looks so much nicer!! I'm so glad we got it! Plus, we saved about $20 ordering through Walmart, and now it's out of stock (which I wonder if they only had one at that price just for advertising or something and we got it).

Today will be school. I don't have the energy for anything else! It's supposed to snow all week, which is why we pushed so hard on the garage. So no garage work for a few days, thank goodness! I felt like a draft horse dragging the blocks up the hill to the garage. Full body workout. I told DH we did 7 hours of CrossFit yesterday.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-12-21, 11:47 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

In procrastination mode so I took the time to start a new thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...97#post2920797