Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-17-21, 05:20 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tuesday - Ravi & ana 8 min + essentrics stretch
today - 25 min youtube cardio + essentrics muscle release

saw the chiropractor yesterday it helped but I'm not 100%

ebianco - hope you like some of them! I mostly use essentrics for stretches but like to keep some more athletic ones around. Tamillee I'll never part with just because it's so hard to find short, good stretches.

buzzer - hope you're okay. It should go above freezing on Saturday. We're over it. I'm done and over this.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 01:47 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I did Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer today with Tony, it's Beachbody's answer to the 10 Minute Solution videos it seems-LOL. A little bit of everything. Except annoyingly the five workouts were spread across two DVDs, UGH I know it was all the rage to have more DVDs, but it is pretty silly. So that takes away any kind of mix and match options like on a 10MS DVD. I ended up doing Total Body (which is really mostly upper body), Lower Body, and Abs from DVD 1 and then Cardio and Yoga from DVD 2. They are 10 minutes but the timer isn't exact, lots of pauses between exercises and the five workouts actually was 60 minutes to complete. The total body and legs surprisingly got my heart rate up and stayed up with abs, where there were a lot of planks. Then the cardio was interesting, it had the loop around your torso where you're against resistance, I don't have that set up exactly but was able to makeshift one with a resistance band and DH's new weight machine as an anchor. It was interesting and definitely felt it in my legs. Finally, the yoga was very stretch oriented which I liked. Tony talked too much, but I actually found him to be less annoying than I found him to be in P90X3, which is his only set that I still have. So it was a good workout for today. I'm nearly through with numbers and will be on to the "A"s soon, although there aren't nearly as many As as numbers in my collection LOL.

Eventmom I'm really excited to try out the new DVDs I've purchased. I always thought I liked yoga stretches, and I do to some extent, but lately I've just wanted straight forward static athletic stretching, so I hope to find some winners.

Buzzer waves!
Old 02-18-21, 02:20 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

woke up with a bad headache, took migraine medicine. This weather, it's so dry I can't stay hydrated and stressful with the animals.

TA beginner #2, 15 TA beg cardio, super callanetics stretch.

ebianco - let me know how those go for you, I probably know a few more athletic stretches if those aren't working for you!

hi buzzer!
Old 02-20-21, 06:55 PM  
Buzzer

Fitprime Pump... Almost Done!!!

So I took a day off, becuase I felt like it. Then yesterday, I went into my workout room, forgetting there was a power outage the day before. Well, my space heater turns off and doesn't turn back on when the power goes back on, so my workout room was 38 degrees. No workout.

Finally this morning, with a workout room that was a balmy 64 (I. had to crack the door to cool it down... I like it about 57) I did "pump". It was good! I focused, I used 15's as my heavy weight and 5's as my light. I got about 40 minutes in, right after the rainbow legs thing, and I just kinda felt done. I decided not to push it, and ended the workout. Usually after a day or two off, it's a little hard to get back into it for me. It was a good workout though.

So I was reading the "workouts to lose weight" thread, and remembered that Eventmom sent me the Pahla ebook thing. So I went back and looked it up, read it, and decided to try to log again. I am pushing more water into myself, and logging my calories on my Fitbit. I think I remember what my target is, I need to go back and make sure. I guess the worst that happens is that I stay how I am, which would be "oh. OK."

There's supposed to be more snow this evening. We had 10 inches Wednesday evening into Thursday, and we ended up cancelling some play dates. Which was fine, but I am always sad when we have to. It was nice to be at home for a while though.

LB wants to build a snow fort, so hopefully it snows enough this evening! most of our snow now has either blown away or melted!

I have had a really crappy week. I know it was kicked off with the news from my parents, but it just felt like I was disappointing everyone this week, including myself. I felt like everything I was doing, I was swimming upstream. Hopefully I can turn that around this week and feel more accomplished, I think I just never caught my breath after my parents news, never had a chance to think about it and recover, and was thrown into business as usual. It's been a weird week.

LB was supposed to finish her last lesson of 3rd grade math yesterday. I made a sign for her, made it into a big deal.. she got half way through but hasn't finished. That was another feeling of failure on my part. We had to go do other things, and didn't get back to it today. Just get this darn lesson done.

Ok, hopefully tomorrow is the start of a better week. I usually am much better at things than this. I think I just had a week where I was very weak.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 07:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

friday - Gina b walk around 20 min and an essentrics for pain relief
today - charlene prickett cardio + fitness fix intermediate upper body + stretch

this back problem is really getting to me. If I stretch enough it helps but it has hurt my already crappy sleep. It's above freezing today!

buzzer - sorry it's been a hard week. The weather has been weird making it hard to do normal things, which always (for me) makes it hard to cope.

hi ebianco!
Old 02-20-21, 09:02 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Catching up from yesterday-Firm Super Cardio for about 20 minutes, I did all of Carissa's and Dale's and the first Jen tunes. I always liked this one but always felt like the set, outfits, and filming lighting was unusually neutral/tan/pink feeling. Opposed to the other Firm workouts which are very colorful and vibrant. I would think it's just my DVD but youtube shows it in that neutral/tan/pink lighting too. I haven't done this one in a long time and realized it was because it wasn't in my cardio section, out of sight out of mind! Then I tried Gaiam AM/PM Stretch, the AM stretch, and I liked it but the first 10 minutes was basically gentle pilates abs. Not stretching! The last 20 minutes were better. But I'm not in love...will be cycling through all my new stretch DVDs to find one I love hopefully.

Today I pulled out Cathe High Step Challenge. Apparently it's been four months already since I did this one (was October really four months ago? ) LOL. The last time I did a premix and it felt choppy; today I did the whole 68 minute workout and I loved it! Very fun music. It was higher rep but she still burned out the big muscle groups with a lot of reps.

Tomorrow a barre workout, Barlates or Pure Barre.

Eventmom Super Callanetics stretching is great! It's a shame there's not a full length Callanetics stretch DVD. I'm sorry your back and headaches have been bothering you!

Buzzer Pump is a good workout, I love Heidi! I'm sorry you've had a very bad week. It is really hard to get away from or recover quickly from family problems I've definitely been a funk myself too.
Old 02-21-21, 05:49 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

fitness fix intermediate lower body + LB stretch + dancey moves (FP)

ebianco - I wish that many barre instructors put out pure stretch dvds - I think richard giorla (cardio barre) could do a good one, or bar method. thanks on the headache and back. The back is improving but I need lots of stretching, heating pad, and being careful. unfortunately b/c of the headache I'm only supposed to take NSAIDS 2x week..

buzzer - major melt here, hope you are surviving the weather.
Old 02-23-21, 12:45 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I'm checking in to let you know I fractured my wrist on Sunday dominant hand too! Thankfully its a minor fracture, I slipped on the ice and caught my fall with my hand. But I can't work out while I'm in a cast (sweat can cause a rash), getting new X-rays next week and may be able to move into a removable brace, that may allow me to return to legs and cardio. its very difficult to type so I'll check back in when I have a new development end of next week. Im still processing and surprisingly upbeat so far, considering.

Waves to you both!
Old 02-24-21, 09:29 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Chest and Triceps tempo... DONE!
some walking stuff... some days off.... done.

I don't even know where I was when I was here last. I think I was ready to start a week of Firm. I don't know... and I don't care enough to go check.

I have been feeling drained, low energy, tired, emotionally done. Just doing what I can to keep going through the daily motions. I have taken days off, I have done easier workouts, I have just turned on a walking workout and did what I could. The good news is I am sleeping a little better. For what that's worth!

I just feel like someone came in with a giant spoon, opened up my head and mixed up my entire body. Just unsettled and restless. I'm working on getting back.

So yesterday, since I haven't lifted in a while, I grabbed the chest and tri tempo and did it with somewhat easier weights than I know I can do. 30's were the heaviest I grabbed (usually I do 40's) and did some walking/jogging/dancing between sets. I didn't push myself, but didn't slack either. It ended up being good.

Today we are supposed to get snow, like 6". All the snow we had last week has pretty much been blown away or melted. Yesterday was nice, so LB and I went to the homeschool gym class and karate. I cancelled some play dates over the last few days because I just wasn't up to them. I didn't feel like talking to the moms. I am more of an introvert, and not having time to myself, dealing with the feelings and concerns I have of my parents moving, not having time to deal with it all... plus trying to still do the things for LB I have to do, socialize, the garage crap, school, karate, play dates, making meals, trying to pick up the house (I haven't taken time to clean, just pick up).... I just feel drained and getting through it. I know it'll get better, I just have to work on my mind for a bit.

So I am putting on a happy face and plowing through. I just feel stirred up. I am avoiding too much of the news, trying to listen to uplifting things when I have a chance, and eat better. I don't know why I am suddenly sleeping better, but that's great! I slept 7 1/2 hours last night!! I think I am seeing this as my movie... I hit rock bottom, now I need to pull myself up and get back on track.

So I am keeping my workouts easier, more enjoyable and less stressful. Little by little.

Today LB gets her hair done, so I will have about an hour and a half to sit in the car or go for a walk or cruise through goodwill... just try to refocus. So that's a bonus!

Ebianco: I'm sorry about your sister issues. Family sucks. But it's good at the same time. Who knows! Who am I to give advice anyhow! I loved your advice though. I read it slow and a few times through and am taking it to heart. I can't control what they do. I need to focus on myself and my own healing. My other two sisters are trying to convince me to take LB and help my parents move by driving my parents' car across the country to Florida. I am actually considering it. Whether it's with my Mom or just us two, it might be fun. Especially if we can meander our way, stop early and use the hotel pool, leave late after using the pool, and just see things on the way. Might help me refocus and calm down whatever in me is restless and stirred up.

Holy cow about your wrist! Seriously. I'm sorry all sorts of sucks with that one. Hopefully you can get to at least leg and cardio workouts soon. Ugh. When it rains it pours! I'm glad you are upbeat about it though.... I always tell LB that you have to have bad times to appreciate the good. So here we all are! HA! Our entire check in.

Eventmom: We had a beautiful day yesterday! We met the homeschool group for homeschool gym, and it was in the upper 60's and gorgeous! We were there for about 2 hours it was so pretty out! Today? 6" of snow. Take the bad with the good. LB loves the snow, I am not a fan anymore. I used to love it! Now I don't like the cold as much, and snow stuff is just not as much fun as it used to be. Sledding is fun, but the older I get the more I don't like downhills (even though I never really have), speed, and heights. I do like spring and fall, my favorite seasons, however here they last a week. Then it's too cold or too hot. Although this winter has been definitely more mild than years past!

I swear, between your migraines, Ebianco's wrist, my funk. Our checkin is once again swinging together. The checkin curse! HA! When we're up we're up, when we're down we're down!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-25-21, 07:14 AM  
Buzzer

Leslie 5 mile advanced walk... 3 miles DONE!

I listened to podcasts and did 3 miles of Leslie. The first podcast was 36 minutes so I walked to that, then the second was 26 minutes so I did some abs with a stick like Squeeze Stronger, some crunches, and stretched. It was actually a nice workout! Last night I didn't sleep as well as I did the last few nights, however I am starting to feel a bit more settled. I listened to some podcasts about relaxing and refocusing, and they really helped. Amazingly well, actually!

It was supposed to snow about 6", then I heard we could get up to 16", and when I woke up we have probably 4-5". Not too bad. Not 16" for sure! But good. Moisture, which is what we need!

Yesterday was good. We had violin, then while LB was getting her hair done I sat, watched people, things and traffic, refocused, and relaxed. Finally! I think that helped me a lot too. Sometimes just stopping and being still while watching things go on around me helps to refocus me. Certainly did yesterday. We went to karate, and got home about 5:45. Seriously, we got home, I took out the dogs for a walk around the yard(Eugene) while throwing the ball for Otis so he could run... RIGHT when we walked in the door again, it started to snow. The dogs were covered in snow on the deck within about 15 minutes of us getting in. We had really good timing on getting home!

Today we have nothing planned since the snow was expected. So good day to get more school done. We finished that last lesson of 3rd grade math (finally!) and are headed into the 4th grade book. The first 20 lessons are pure review of things she just did, so we are skipping ahead to lesson 19. Two reviews will be good. 19 is time and clocks/elapsed time, and she loves that so I am starting there. We have spent the last few days reading to each other more. I am reading a history type book to her (more entertaining than dry) so I feel like I'm covering history there! I am getting back to where we need to be.

Sometimes when you feel you've been knocked off your feet, it takes a bit to get back!

I talked to the karate place yesterday because they have a program where you pay up front and that gets LB all the way through 2nd degree black belt. I hate the marketing and money part of it, we signed up for a year and now 2 months later they are asking us to negate that and sign up for 4-6 years. However, we do want her to have a black belt. If we go somewhere else, we start all over at white. The biggest issue I have with it is committing to 2x a week for the next 4-6 years, but I guess if I don't do it, I will for sure regret it in 4-6 years if she doesn't have her black belt!!

I am glad we homeschool so we can do karate, violin, horse training, getting her hair done, ballet (which she might be dropping when Westernaires starts this fall), and trying to fit in time with friends. Sometimes trying to get school in is a chore! We have to do 172 days a year though, and I usually do some days in the summer. So it works out, and we probably do more than that actually but I only count the complete days.

So feeling better, giving myself a break on workouts, and just needed time to stop and stare at traffic and people and listen to podcasts. All working for me.

Hope you guys are doing good! I am gonna go listen to podcasts again now. I am avoiding too much news (stress and just makes me feel scattered again) and refocusing.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14