Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-21, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Easter egg hunts prove kids can find things when they really want 4/4

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 07:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning and Happy Easter!

Thanks, Laura, for the titles for this week!

I'm planning on walking Gus this morning, going to a friend's house for a holiday lunch, and doing some more porch cleanup. I did get my water feature going yesterday as well as getting the outdoor water on and hoses attached. I did clean up the old annuals I left in the ground all winter. Today I'll work on getting my deck washed off.

Laura, hope some of our warmth comes your way! It's a nice warm spring for weeks predicted, which is why I'm progressing with spring projects. It'll probably be a 24" spring snow in a few weeks .

Paula, hope you learn the new car features quickly - I kind of don't look forward to doing stuff like that - I just want to be able to turn the key and drive normally. I hope your car features improve what you can see - I dented the passenger side rear door because I couldn't see a low pole at a gas station below the mirror level.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 04-04-21, 03:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. It was a busy morning, and it occurred to me this afternoon that starting the thread never crossed my mind.

We attended church from home this morning because of it being Easter morning. Then, we got ready and went and picked up food from a new-to-us Italian restaurant and took it over to Mom and Dad's for lunch. It was really, really good. Now, we're home and I'm catching up online.

Anita - It was a picture-perfect day here, sunny with a high of 78. I'd say the outer edges of your warmth have arrived. It's supposed to stay warm for the next few days. I hope your lunch was good, and you got the planned clean-up done.

Paula - Yeah, there are often a lot of car features that I have no interest in. I hope that the ones your DH is most keen on are easily learned. I get the impression that the ones like lane warnings are either on or off? Congrats on the shorts day!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 09:30 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga for Upper Body.

Grocery day today. We got caught by surprise when we got to Target and it was closed for the day.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Enjoyed the theme, it pertains to husbands too. Amazing how they can find things they're motivated to hunt for, otherwise it's ask the wife where his "whatever" is. I can't say I look forward to learning the new features on the car, but we bought this car because we felt we needed these driver assist functions so we have to learn how to use them. I managed to link my phone and download my contact list onto the Bluetooth function today. I also connected the car to our home wifi so we can update software and the gps maps. This car has one of those functions that brakes automatically before you hit something so hopefully you wouldn't have hit that pole.

Laura, Did you miss not being able to attend Easter service in a church? Glad you got a picture perfect day for it and were able to enjoy a good Italian meal with your family. This car has a couple different lane changing features. One works with the cruise control system the other works for regular driving. When you're driving around town and start to drift into another land the car beeps. When you're using cruise control and start to drift into another lane the car gently returns back into your lane unless you have the blinker on. So far DH has played with these features and likes them.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 08:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on washing off my deck, walking Gus with a friend, maybe washing off the porch cover? and playing Spades with friends on computer. I didn't get to the porch washing as my Easter celebration took 5 hours instead of 2 hours yesterday. It's going to be a record hot day this early in the year.

Laura, nice holiday dinner for you! We're supposed to hit 80 today!

Paula, I hadn't noticed Target was closed around here, but honestly I didn't drive by it... I've had a rear bumper wound on my car - I think I got hit in a parking lot rather than me causing the accident - doubt the new software would've helped unless it could take a picture of whatever hit me . That's cool that its wi-fi stores your contacts and has GPS features. I wonder how your car handles road construction lane markings - old lanes visible as well as the new construction swerves to lanes - I'd think it'd be beeping all the time!

Anita
Old 04-05-21, 05:59 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I made some cards in between doing a load of laundry and unloading the dishwasher. This afternoon, I took DH to his PT appointment. The day just sort of melted away.

We've decided to go to WV to see DH's family. We won't go until just before Memorial Day weekend, at the end of May. By then, we'll be fully vaccinated and we will plan on making it in one day so we don't have to stop at a hotel overnight. All the people in that general area in DH's family are vaccinated, his mom who we stay with and his brother and sister who live next door. We aren't sure how many of the broader family are. Some are and some aren't. It will be interesting navigating it all. But my MIL is 89 and getting frailer all the time. They NEED to see each other.

Paula - I really did miss the energy of Easter morning at church. It was good, but not anywhere near the same. I've been okay worshipping at home, but the second Easter was tougher. But hopefully next year, we'll be back. The driver assist features are good becausee they are automated.

Anita - We've been in the upper 70s for the past few days. The worst problem is the green coating all the cars. Pollen bombs go off this time of year...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-05-21, 07:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 - Push (strength), followed by Tamilele Webb's Floor Stretch.

I did some housework and some baking. Just an ordinary day.

Anita, sounds as though you're getting lots of outside/yard work done. I went by Target today and got what was on my list for yesterday. Interesting comment on what will happen when construction narrows the lane, but this feature can easily be turned off, and turned back on, so I don't foresee this as a problem.

Laura, I envy your plans for travel. Glad your MIL is vaccinated, you should be able to spend some quality time with her.
Old 04-06-21, 07:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I got the porch washed yesterday, but nothing with the cover yet. It's supposed to rain every day now, so I might wait till next week to wash the cover on my driveway and leave it out there to dry. Today I'll be meeting some friends from work and going for a nice walk in a different park - I'm hoping Gus has a good time.

Laura, nice trip to visit your in-laws! It's been way too long to not see your elderly relatives - have a good time seeing your MIL! The only thing I like and have gotten used to is watching church in my PJs from home . I'm wondering if I'm starting to pick up on the pollen - lots more sneezing and tissue use.

Paula, nice you can control the lane feature on your car. I'm getting lots done outside, which is good, but my inside reading is down - I have one more book on the All Creatures Great and Small series to finish. If it truly is the rainy week ahead, I might get started on that again.

Anita
Old 04-06-21, 05:49 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was another melt-away day. I had a Zoom training session this morning and this afternoon we went out and ran a couple of errands - exchanging books at the library and getting the car washed. We did some laundry and I cleaned some stuff out of the dining room. I'm at the point where I need to figure out what to do with all the stuff left, either things that I'm not going to put back in the craft room or empty containers.

Paula - It's good you are able to have days at home and go flying when you have a nice day and want to get out.

Anita - Yeah, I've been taking Allegra for the past several weeks. Everything here is just coated with that green scuzziness. Once the trees have all budded out, it should get better.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-06-21, 08:40 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

DH went to lunch with a friend. BC, i.e. Before COVID they went most Tuesdays. Now they both have had both shots they can resume. Just a small indication of life slowly going back to normal.

Anita, I can tell it's Spring here because both DH and I are sneezing and sniffling. The bush outside our bedroom window is in full bloom. We're running the air purifier at night and it helps but we both still wake up all stuffed up. Hope you and Gus enjoyed the new park and some social time. As I'm getting used to the new car, I like the lane notification functions. The function I would get rid of if I could is the one that turns the car off at a stop. You can turn this off but you have to remember to do it every time you start the car. I wish this feature was opt in rather than opt out.

Laura, funny how a few errands can take up your whole day, isn't it. Yeah, flying is a great get away. We're planning to fly tomorrow with a friend (we've all had both shots). We're starting to be able to do stuff with friends again.