Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-21, 05:56 PM  
Kitten

I tried Kathy Smith's LW2LW. This was the thrift store find I posted about.

First impressions. I like the upper body, buuuut two different kinds of pushups for chest is not my thing- I will be subbing out presses next time. The lower body was just meh for me. The abs + back "bonus" workout was nice.

Kathy is really hyper in this video. Lost of whooping. My housemate said she was worse then "walkie-talkie" - his nickname for Leslie.

I also picked up LW2LW2. I'll be trying those this week.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 07:50 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Kathy is really hyper in this video. Lost of whooping. My housemate said she was worse then "walkie-talkie" - his nickname for Leslie.
This made me laugh. I had some Kathy Smith workouts way back and yes she whoops. Walkie talkie, love it!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 08:12 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

The rumors at the time on this workout is that Kathy had just been diagnosed with exercise induced asthma (somewhat ironic) and had overdone her new inhaler in preparation for filming. Definitely fits to me. Inhalers can make you really hyper and it's hard to calm yourself down. But since Kathy was usually pretty hyper it just looked like a bit more than normal.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 10:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
The rumors at the time on this workout is that Kathy had just been diagnosed with exercise induced asthma (somewhat ironic) and had overdone her new inhaler in preparation for filming. Definitely fits to me. Inhalers can make you really hyper and it's hard to calm yourself down. But since Kathy was usually pretty hyper it just looked like a bit more than normal.
I had to look that up and it sounds awful. I guess she's found a way to manage it.

kitten yup Kathy is enough hype man for 3 workout studios. Sometimes it wouldn't be the worst thing having someone 'owww!' to get me to eek out those last few reps though.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 11:28 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Wednesday I did Margaret Richard's Sculpture Upper Body. It was fine but I had to keep a bunch of different size weights handy. I did most of it seated. I did not do the abs section because I had done several Ange's Pilates You Tube workouts.
Old 04-12-21, 08:01 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did Linda Woolridge's Quiet Quarantine Mat workout yesterday. I liked it - total body so it wasn't an obliteration of one or two body parts but it was still plenty intense. No abs work in there but I tacked on some Pilates moves on my own. I purchased this one several months ago..
Old 04-15-21, 07:19 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did the abs, butt/thigh and arms sections of 10 minute solution Pilates Perfect Body with Suzanne Bowen. I just got this in a trade. Meh. Some good moves in each section but I am not sure it’s worth keeping.
Old 04-16-21, 05:35 PM  
wendug

Angie Miller- Strength & Core Fusion

Phew! This workout had me sweating and gasping for air. It only uses 5 pound and eight pound weights and wow did they work me! I used my Step 360 to give it more oomph with the core work. Angie was just chatting away and going DEEP in her lunges like the workout was nothing! I liked the bit of resistance band work and the added core section at the end for a total body workout. It isn't short- 70 minutes, but it hits everything. It's a winner!

A bit of trivia about this workout. It was directed by Christi Taylor!
Old 04-16-21, 11:27 PM  
jusca

Patrick Goudeau - Turnup & Slimdown

I rented this one years ago but never tried it and sent it back. I finally bought it last week and I did the cardio portions. It was fun and went quickly. Very modifiable to low impact. I wish I had gotten this one sooner!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 11:11 AM  
fanofladyvols

Ohhh Wendy how about a review on step 360 ? Have you done one and I missed?

I tried a recent Mary purchase, Fit and Bendy Shoulder school, and will copy a bit from my review in my check-in.

To use as instructed, you need a resistance tube with handles and a way to loop to a pole or a door. It's a good opportunity to use the light tubing because these exercises hit areas you may typically ignore. She is definitely a bit hippie and uses terms like "juicy" and "singing." Her presentation is clear and informative. She also gave short educational sessions on skeletons wearing a bikini and human models sometimes had googly eyes to help notice something. Definitely some interesting teaching methods there, lol.

She mentions a couple of the demonstrators are pole dancers and one is dressed like she walked off the Brazil Buttlift set. A pup makes a brief appearance but not distractingly so. Form pointers before and during segments were very helpful and had an encouraging tone. She gave one for overhead moves that was fabulous for me. You rotate your shoulder out until you feel your back engage (don't arch your back, watch your pelvis) and then push upright. No more shoulder clicks for me. Woohoo! The clicks generally stopped after a couple of reps but this way feels so much better. I will go down in weight to accommodate this change.

All three of the segments involve different demonstrators with her voiceover. The warmup prep is not easy and has tons of reps. In fact, too many for me.

The second strengthening section is intense at times and warrants a watch and listen first to make sure you're engaging the right areas. I didn't do all the reps in each but I can imagine that is something to work towards. This strengthening segment is not necessarily wrist friendly and requires confidence holding plank and side plank.

The mobility/strengthening section was worth my purchase alone. Different angles of stretch and strengthen with the band felt wonderful.

This DVD shouldn't be done with bands if you're currently in pain I don't believe. Most seem to be exercises prescribed by my husband's PT with a stretchy or no band and that is where I would start if I needed to rehab. I think this dvd is most appropriate for someone wanting to encourage good posture and maintain shoulder health.

Very grateful to Pam61 for her unintentional enabling

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins