Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-15-21, 06:03 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Yesterday I did Heather's week 3 Day 2: Chest, Back & Shoulders Workout Strength Supersets + Low Impact Standing Abs Workout With Weights. Both were GREAT workouts and I can feel my arms today. I like that I feel my muscles being worked in new and different ways. Plus it's been nice doing different moves, or a familiar move with a slight variation.
I also felt sore after doing that upper body workout. It’s definitely nice to have a variation on familiar exercises.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 04:56 AM  
IceQueen07

We have been moving this week so I had to pause the HR rotation. Monday I will start Week 4. Have to figure out what rotation to do after that. I don't know if I want to try and do Epic II or try Heather's 12 week rotation. Hate decisions.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:04 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
We have been moving this week so I had to pause the HR rotation. Monday I will start Week 4. Have to figure out what rotation to do after that. I don't know if I want to try and do Epic II or try Heather's 12 week rotation. Hate decisions.
We will be in sync for the final week. Hope your move went well. I am missing Cathe so I will be doing her April rotation.
Old 04-16-21, 08:05 AM  
ChelePA

Week 3 of the Heather Rotation continues:

Day 4: 40 Minute Kettlebell Workout // Full Body Cardio & Strength (45 minutes)

Day 5: HIIT Pilates Workout // Total Body Fusion Workout (28 minutes)

I'm really liking the mix of routines 2L4G included. It's taking me out of my comfort zone. I think I only tried one kettlebell routine before this rotation and I'm enjoying the different weight work. Also, I'm not a fan of Pilates but this workout is great for a recovery day or an add on. It was a perfect finisher after an intense 30 minute Whitney Houston cycling class.

For those doing Heather's workouts...do you struggle with some of the balance moves. For example the single dead lifts that you completely lift your leg and then often times go right into a another move such an upright row. If I don't modify these moves, I get more balance work versus weight. Any thoughts on which I should focus on. I rarely work on balance so I've been putting my attention there.
Old 04-16-21, 08:18 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Heather's 12 week rotation is primarily by reps and not time so there is a lot of counting and it has a different feel than most of her other workouts. I did the one month shortened version and enjoyed it a lot less than her other workouts.
Old 04-16-21, 08:20 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 8 Unilateral Legs. Wow. Just wow. I used 20lbs, 15lbs for 2 new moves using the step. Great!
Old 04-16-21, 09:08 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Heather's 12 week rotation is primarily by reps and not time so there is a lot of counting and it has a different feel than most of her other workouts. I did the one month shortened version and enjoyed it a lot less than her other workouts.
Thanks for this information if I look to do another Heather rotation in the future.
Old 04-16-21, 09:26 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I am not a fan of counting, not after doing the time ones with Heather and Caroline.

**Candice**
Old 04-16-21, 09:27 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
We will be in sync for the final week. Hope your move went well. I am missing Cathe so I will be doing her April rotation.
Cathe rotation is a thought. Haven't done is a long time. I will need to see if I have the dvds as I don't have her streaming. Might be a good change.

**Candice**
Old 04-16-21, 01:34 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I'm starting week 4 next week too so I'll be with ya'll.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Buffmama. Sounds like I'll pass because like ya'll, I really don't want to count. I like time better, or have the instructor count for me.

Quote:
Cathe rotation is a thought. Haven't done is a long time. I will need to see if I have the dvds as I don't have her streaming. Might be a good change.
I'm going to use Cathe's April 2021 rotation as my foundation and may sub other workouts if/when I need to. It would be interesting to see how long I can last doing this rotation. Might surprise myself. Or I might not last a week!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle