Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-21, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

Penny -

I just checked out YouV2 - it looks like a lot of fun! Did you buy DVDs or use Beachbody on Demand?

It definitely looks like a fun and low dread program.

Gilad and Kathy Smith also offer slower and more controlled workouts. I'm thinking of Kathy Smith's Secrets to a Great Upper Body/Lower Body series.

Gilad's routines are also pretty safe, I feel. And, good scenery, too.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 08:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

UV2 looks fantastic!!! Only drawback from the clip is lots of hooting and hollering. PennyK, did that get aggravating during your challenge?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 09:11 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 09:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Donna, I used a set of dvds that I found on Ebay.

Pat, it really didn't. I think it made it more fun and pushed me.
Thanks! I'm going to treat myself to an On Demand subscription when I turn 63 in May. That should cheer me up.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 09:47 AM  
PennyK

Old 02-23-21, 10:02 AM  
TinaT

Thank you OP for starting this thread. Some of these suggestions sound great. I'm all over the map right now with what I'm doing.

My recent check in with my doctor has strongly suggested more calm and controlled routines. (My immune system is wiped from Covid... still... I had it in Oct. Enough said about that). So I've been trying everything I have, but now I'm thinking I need to check out the YouV2.

I think I want to feel like I used to using certain methods and/or instructors but I'm starting to accept I might not. It doesn't mean I can't have a quality workout doing something different from what I'm used to. I feel crazy trying to figure this out. My doctor even suggested Jessica, which I had just started the thread about trying her for the 3rd time. But I get up this morning thinking about how so many of her routines are controlled and slower than what I'm used to. Maybe that MY problem... not hers. So, a possible round 4 of trying JS might start.

I so appreciate the perspective given here at VF. I need to accept my mind and body are not on the same page with workouts. I just want to move well.

Thank you ladies.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 10:10 AM  
donnamp

Mary has the set for $39 - can't decide on that or BOD....w/ BOD at least I could try some other workouts...but is it hard to cancel?? That is the question, LOL!

Donna
Old 02-23-21, 10:12 AM  
donnamp

Tina - hang in there - who knows, at some point you may feel differently but you can't go wrong listening to your body and giving it what it needs. COVID is nasty - fortunately, so far, I have escaped it - but it seems to take a toll on people and it sounds like recovery is just not a matter of not having symptoms any more.

Donna
Old 02-23-21, 10:22 AM  
PennyK

Old 02-23-21, 10:29 AM  
PennyK

Tags
bobandbrad, calm, controlled, intermediate, intermediate workouts, slow weights, slow workouts