Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-24, 11:13 AM  
Erica H.

I did Chris and Edi's Day 8 Upper Body today and skipped the core section. I loved the first block, but didn't like the second because the work/rest times were too quick for me and also they spent more time on the smaller muscle groups than the bigger ones. I could play around with the workout to make it work for me but there are too many other workouts I love to put in the time/thought to do that.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-24, 06:34 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I did Chris and Edi's Day 8 Upper Body today and skipped the core section. I loved the first block, but didn't like the second because the work/rest times were too quick for me and also they spent more time on the smaller muscle groups than the bigger ones. I could play around with the workout to make it work for me but there are too many other workouts I love to put in the time/thought to do that.

Erica
Erica- I did this workout today, too. Honestly, when I previewed it I wasn't crazy about it. But I did it since it was next in the line-up. They love their preacher curls, don't they? Not crazy about this move. Their core was okay and I mentioned before I'm not really a fan of their cardio. I subbed a lot of the cardio moves (lateral shuffle touch down, drop squats, jumping jacks, skaters.) My feet bother me when I do a lot of "fast feet" moves.
Old 01-16-24, 08:37 AM  
buffmama

I started Justina's pull up program today. It was harder than I expected. . I guess I have something to work towards. I added on some dance cardio - with Justina it's actually fun.
Old 01-16-24, 11:07 AM  
Erica H.

Epic Heat - Day 1 Lower Body.

Wendy, I like preacher curls. I don't know that I liked the neutral grip they did on the workout we did, though. Preacher curls are easier on my back because of the support and not having to use my back to stabilize with heavier weights.

Erica
Old 01-17-24, 08:36 AM  
buffmama

glute program - unilateral leg day which was SL (elevated rear leg) DL, unilateral bridge then Bulgarian, unilateral bridge march. I followed with the hip mobility which was great.
Old 01-17-24, 10:29 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Chris and Edi's Day 6 | 45 Min BACK, BICEPS & REAR DELTS WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS + CARDIO | BUILD Series 2 minus the cardio and I added some extra back/bicep work at the end. This was a repeat workout for me. Chris and Edi are coming out with a chest/back workout on Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing what that will be like.

Neurologist appointment for me today. I really like my doctor but don't know if she knows what she's doing.

Erica
Old 01-17-24, 06:25 PM  
wendug

So yesterday I had no energy to work out- the extreme cold zapped it. Plus, my mom told me my 41 year old cousin passed away. My cousin wasn't feeling well so her boyfriend took her to the ER. Her lungs were filled with fluid and putting pressure on her heart, which stopped and the ER docs couldn't restart it. It is so sad. She was way too young. My heart breaks for my aunt and my other two remaining cousins.

I got back to my workout today. Chris & Edi- Day 9- 45 Min. Lower Body Glutes & Hamstrings Focus. Lots of unilateral work in this one. I think I feel side lying hip abductions more when I'm wearing ankle weights as opposed to holding a dumbbell on my thigh. I still felt it, but definitely notice a difference.
Old 01-17-24, 07:08 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I'm very sorry about your cousin. So young and unexpected.

Erica
Old 01-17-24, 07:26 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy, I'm very sorry about your cousin. So young and unexpected.

Erica
Thank you, Erica. I was STUNNED when I heard the news. Her oldest brother is an ER nurse, so thankfully he was with her at the end. My aunt, however, was not there and I'm sure she is going to beat herself up about it.
Old 01-17-24, 07:34 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Thank you, Erica. I was STUNNED when I heard the news. Her oldest brother is an ER nurse, so thankfully he was with her at the end. My aunt, however, was not there and I'm sure she is going to beat herself up about it.
Your poor aunt. What a horrible shock for everyone. I'm sure it will take a long time to really process this. Again, I'm sorry. Thinking of you and your family.

Erica