Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-13, 09:05 PM  
lesia

Spartacus DVDs vs. Spartacus YouTube

I ordered Spartacus dvds and was disappointed that it was advertised as "hardest workout on dvd". I didn't think so. Too much talking and some of the moves were awkward for the work/rest period. These will probably go on the tradelist.

Anyhoo, I love the Spartacus protocal that was developed by Rachel Cosgrove. 10 exercises (60 sec work/15 sec rest or 45 sec work/15 sec rest) = 1 Round. Between each round you rest 2 min. then repeat 2 more times.

So...I searched Youtube and found Spartacus Circuit timers 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0 version. Basically the exercise is on the screen and a countdown timer that begins at 60 and a bell rings at 30 sec and then 10 sec. to let you know when the move is finished. 15 sec. rest.

I burned the 3 workouts on a dvd from freemake.com. The best part is that if I don't like the illustrated exercise station, I can sub one that suits me. I also will use it for cardio circuits.

Now I know I could use my gymboss timer, but having it on screen in my exercise room lets me focus on my form and reps.

So the final thoughts on Spartacus DVDS is that they are going to the tradelist, but it led me to the awesome original Spartacus workouts that are very hard.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 09:08 PM  
lesia

Fwiw all versions of Spartacus have different work/rest periods. I burned all 3 workouts because it's suggested to do 3 times a week for optimum results.

We'll see...but I've done 2 already and in love.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 07:53 AM  
Ann1964

I got an email from Womens Health today, are these the same ?

https://secure.rodale.com/webapp/wcs...058E329ABBDECD
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 08:46 AM  
EnglishIvy

Here's a clip for anyone who is interested in the DVDs.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 08:55 AM  
mchelle81

I have 1.0 and 2.0 off youtube I didn't know there was a 3.0 as well I have looked on youtube but I can't find it can you post a link please
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-13, 07:40 PM  
lindap

Hi Lesia, can you tell me how you burn Youtube videos to Dvds using Freemake? Also which one did you use, the Freemake video converter or the video downloader? Thanks in advance.

Tags
download to dvd, spartacus