Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-13, 08:24 PM  
Yelly

I just did Fusion Mix for the 2nd time today, right after TA. I used 2 lb weights the whole time. I couldn't believe how much better I did the 2nd time around! I mean, I did have my moments of lying there in disbelief, but I could definitely see improvement. I've also started noticing that my TA workouts are getting easier too. Weird. I'm really excited to keep growing with these
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 10:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
I just did Fusion Mix for the 2nd time today, right after TA. I used 2 lb weights the whole time. I couldn't believe how much better I did the 2nd time around! I mean, I did have my moments of lying there in disbelief, but I could definitely see improvement. I've also started noticing that my TA workouts are getting easier too. Weird. I'm really excited to keep growing with these
Yep! Given that I'm only managing to hit one of the Dream Body workouts maybe twice a week (best case), it's also amazing to me how I have progressed as I come back around to them the second, third, fourth time. It makes it really fun! And yes, somehow the rotation I'm doing now is really helping me with endurance, flexibility, and body composition (I'm mostly mixing up DB, Toniques, some Ultimate Yogi, walking, and then random stuff here and there -- including maybe one day / week of more traditional lifting).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 06:40 AM  
bella121

I've done the 5 dvds in the new set a few times each, and they do get easier!

However, I attempted the original Dreambody workout last night. WOW. It makes the newer ones looks calm and easy. OUCH..

For those who have this workout, does it get easier? The end seemed to be less intense, like the last 20 minutes or so I could handle, but it did seem to go on and on! I enjoyed it, it really challenged me, but I wonder if this one will seem more manageable with time...
bella121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 07:12 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella121 View Post

However, I attempted the original Dreambody workout last night. WOW. It makes the newer ones looks calm and easy. OUCH..

For those who have this workout, does it get easier? The end seemed to be less intense, like the last 20 minutes or so I could handle, but it did seem to go on and on! I enjoyed it, it really challenged me, but I wonder if this one will seem more manageable with time...
I've found the same thing -- the new ones have gotten easier the more I've done them, but the Original one just stays hard, especially the last 20 minutes, which is a bummer since I love what the stability ball work does for my inner thighs, but I'm usually too wiped out to do this!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 07:46 AM  
bella121

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
I've found the same thing -- the new ones have gotten easier the more I've done them, but the Original one just stays hard, especially the last 20 minutes, which is a bummer since I love what the stability ball work does for my inner thighs, but I'm usually too wiped out to do this!
Yeah, that stability ball stuff where you are holding it between your feet rotating it, I didn't manage that well. My feet always start cramping up. They feel like little crippled claws that I can't move! I wanted to do the moves so badly but my feet wouldn't cooperate! The moves seems awesome!
bella121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:01 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella121 View Post

Yes...I've been doing the original atleast once per week the last 3 months or so. It's still tough, but very doable for me. This was just such a shock to my body, but once I got used to this type of training it wasn't as intimidating!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:19 AM  
LeanneM

In case anyone is interested, StudioMixx (the program that was started by Darby's co-founder and for which there is already one streamable workout available) is supposed to be filming three new workouts in late June. I'm not sure if they'll be streaming or DVDs, but will let you know once I find out.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 12:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Would very much a DB-Lite workout available on a pressed DVD!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-13, 06:37 PM  
isebelleg44

I did Tabata & Toning again today. I really love this one and it by far has the best stretch of the bunch! And I think she is my favorite instructor of the five.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 12:44 PM  
Sophie

late to the party, since I'm in Canada and it took a while for the DVD's to get to me (and they were pressed - phew). Based on the comments here, I started with the easiest, Fusion, and it was plenty tough enough for me!

I admit that I bought them partly because of the sale and because someone on a Tonique thread suggested them as being similar in intensity - but if they're all as good as Fusion I'd say they'd have been worth it at full price.

It definitely reveals my weaknesses (planks, pushups, core) - which of course makes me want to do them.

Thanks for this thread, it gives me a better idea of what to expect and how to fit them in with other workouts.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua