Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-17, 01:22 AM  
lorajc

Anyone Ever Shipped A Heavy Kettlebell for Reasonable Price?

Hi -

I have a few heavy kettlebell's that I'll never be able to use due to my injury's and age (now).....have a 25, 30 and 35 pounder....I think I would be willing to sell very cheap if I could get a reasonable shipping price.

Does anyone know how to do this for a reasonable price or is this not possible? I looked on USPS and it looked crazy.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 08:14 AM  
alisoncooks

Your best bet might be a local sell via Craigslist. That's what DH has done.
If not, do they fit in any of the USPS flat rate boxes?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

You may have better luck selling them locally on something like Craig's List or a FaceBook neighborhood page and having pick up arranged by the buyer. I remember my postman cursing me out when I bought my kettlebells and he had to deliver them .
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 10:11 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
You may have better luck selling them locally on something like Craig's List or a FaceBook neighborhood page and having pick up arranged by the buyer. I remember my postman cursing me out when I bought my kettlebells and he had to deliver them .
I agree. I haven't ever tried to mail anything heavy. I use my local Facebook Buy Sell Trade group. There are actually 3 such FB groups in my area that I post on. I sold my son's electric guitar that way, as well as my Urban Rebounder, bosu, ball chair in addition to other smaller non-exercise related items. I really did not want to schlep them to the post office or UPS store- the time and hassle were not worth it to me plus the cost of shipping would negate any earnings from a sale.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 11:48 AM  
unfetteredpast

Do you have a local Play it Again Sports? Let them sell it for you.
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 02:20 PM  
lorajc

Thanks ladies - the Play It Again Sports may be an option.....as far as Craig's List......this town has a lot of peeps that aren't into working out. I don't think I'd have much luck.

I sort of just wanted to give them away to some peeps here.

Anyone live in Youngstown/Boardman/Warren, Ohio area that wants a heavier kettlebell?
Old 01-22-17, 03:15 PM  
jusca

I'd recommend apps like 5Miles & OfferUp also for local sales. I thought in my small town no one would be interested in my dumbbells for sale. Boy was I wrong. The only thing is you'll have to possibly deal with people who want to buy the weights for almost next to nothing.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 03:52 PM  
lorajc

Boy, I was right about a non-workout town....our Play It Again closed...nearest one is in Canton, 1 hour 20 min's!

Thanks jusca.
Old 01-22-17, 05:22 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

if there's a local YWCA near you, consider posting an ad there.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 05:33 PM  
seww

If you're giving them away check into donating to a High School or even Jr College weight room. Or a YMCA
Good Luck!
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote