Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-17, 08:17 AM  
Suzan66

The first Cardiotone from the new Cardio Series (3month subscription). It is so fun.

As far as results, Lora, I think you would see them doing Hamelin, TA or whatever as long as you are consistent for several months. You need to find something you like and don't dread. Hamelin suggests a 50/50 with cardio and toning until you figure out if your own body needs more or less cardio, etc. Everyone is different and there is no magic pill for "better results".
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-17, 08:30 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
The first Cardiotone from the new Cardio Series (3month subscription). It is so fun.
Thanks! I'll have to look into it.
Old 01-23-17, 07:16 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post

As far as results, Lora, I think you would see them doing Hamelin, TA or whatever as long as you are consistent for several months. You need to find something you like and don't dread. Hamelin suggests a 50/50 with cardio and toning until you figure out if your own body needs more or less cardio, etc. Everyone is different and there is no magic pill for "better results".
Yes....I realize consistency is important... However I hate cardio...But like Hamelin's style cardio tone.... Therefore I think I'd do better with him after review.

Also, which one's does everyone think I should delve into first?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 12:09 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post

Also, which one's does everyone think I should delve into first?
Cardio Tone G (General!!!)

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 03:48 PM  
readcookrun

Rebounder

Having been a long-time TA exerciser, I'm just getting into HDM myself. Can anyone comment on his rebounder workouts? How do they compare to TA's? Or the advanced bellicon 25 min one on YouTube?

Any review would be greatly appreciated!
readcookrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 04:08 PM  
LoveVA

Is there a clip of Thighmatics anywhere?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 07:06 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by readcookrun View Post
Having been a long-time TA exerciser, I'm just getting into HDM myself. Can anyone comment on his rebounder workouts? How do they compare to TA's? Or the advanced bellicon 25 min one on YouTube?

Any review would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the dark side

As far as I know, Hamelin has only released two rebounding workouts - one has rebounding and cardiotone, and the other one has a step section, and then the rebounding. Both are 90 min workouts that are easy to split. Compared to TAM, they're more athletic in nature, and easier to follow because you actually do a combo that builds up, with much less free styling.

I can't comment much on the newer workout, but the first one is quite good. He "builds up" a combo for 45 min, and then you alternate the combo with cardiotone on the floor with weights. Then you do a set for the abs. It's easy to split because he stops for a drink of water before going for the first cardiotone set at about 45 min, so it's two workouts in one.

I used to LOATHE cardio, but the first time I tried his hi-lo or low impact aerobics it was love. His cardio is old school, and he always picks awesome music. The footwork is easy to follow and it's fun, so no learning for months on end in order to semi-follow (that's me, I'm bad with complex choreo, but I realize it's not everybody's case )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Is there a clip of Thighmatics anywhere?
Nope... not that I know of. He filmed this one in a well-lit studio. He is alone and does 9 moves, three on the barre and the rest on the mat. It's all floor-based. Not only is the death of the saddlebag, it's fantastic for the abs. It's an hour-long workout, but you can always split it in halves or in three parts (5 moves one day, 4 moves the next, or three moves each time)
Old 01-26-17, 07:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Thighmatics

I have not been able to find a clip for this workout. I will just say, it's tough! I attempted it last week and wasn't able to complete all the reps or exercises. If I'm feeling brave and in the mood to try it again, I will see if I can write down some of the exercises for you.

I think I remember each of the leg exercises being about 60 reps each. I'm honestly not used to that, so really need to work up to this one. My thighs really need this kind of work, though.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:24 PM  
readcookrun

Thank you, LaCatrina! I've been reading everything I can find on HDM here on video fitness, and I really appreciate your expertise! It's been an expensive month for me but I'm really liking the workouts.

I've bought Cardiotone G, Thighmatics I and II based on yours and everyone's raves. I'm about the bite the bullet on the newly-released Blitzmatics and, now, maybe the Rebounder/Cardiotone workout.

LoveVA, I've done Thighmatics I and II a lot in the last 2 weeks. Thighmatics I is my favorite. It has killer inner thigh, saddlebag and glute work. Even when he works the glutes, I feel it in my inner thigh. I like Thighmatics II too but the 1st part (barre) has a lot of quad work, which I'm trying to avoid. (It's killer though.) There's also a standing move where the leg is extended laterally with the toe down and you externally and internally rotate your leg. I know I'm doing it wrong bc I don't feel much.
Old 01-26-17, 08:31 PM  
readcookrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Welcome to the dark side

As far as I know, Hamelin has only released two rebounding workouts - one has rebounding and cardiotone, and the other one has a step section, and then the rebounding. Both are 90 min workouts that are easy to split. Compared to TAM, they're more athletic in nature, and easier to follow because you actually do a combo that builds up, with much less free styling.

I can't comment much on the newer workout, but the first one is quite good. He "builds up" a combo for 45 min, and then you alternate the combo with cardiotone on the floor with weights. Then you do a set for the abs. It's easy to split because he stops for a drink of water before going for the first cardiotone set at about 45 min, so it's two workouts in one.
LaCatrina, I can't seem to find this workout on his webshop. The only rebounder one I see is the Xpress Rebounder that's 30 min long. If you can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Tags
hdm