Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-17, 03:57 PM  
lorajc

The good thing about Hamelin is that I despise cardio...but I love cardio tone and he keeps it low impact and does it just to my liking and I NEED to burn calories and lose a lot of weight!!

Also, I if anyone that needs low impact and workouts good for spinal injured peeps......or peeps that are injured.......the thing that I think he does that are helpful for these type of peeps are long warm-ups, no crazy moves, safe form and low impact. Think the Firm on "Valium" so to speak.....with super light weights. I also love that he has a ballet background and incorporates barre/ballet moves in some of his workouts and has a good variety.

And OF COURSE....he recommends doing Kundalini Yoga in addition to your workouts which is what I ALWAYS do....so he got "super high marks" in my book. Also, I like quirky types of people and he seems to fit that mold.....and I mean that in a gppd way....or as someone else said....he's endearing. I appreciate that he leaves out the unsafe (TA) crazy moves with high impact crazy cardio....as I'm not at that level.....and he has good warm-ups and cool-downs!!!!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 04:51 PM  
Suzan66

I'm curious why you would pick Secret Workout 1 when it's high impact and you said you are always injured? I have the other 2 and SW2 is my favorite for cardio. Both have great toning sets.

Cardio Tone G is awesome. I like Bodymatics but normally do it in parts bc it's challenging to do it all at once and definitely not for a beginner. It doesn't surprise me that Hamelin gifted you a free class. He is very generous.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 04:53 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Hi - I got Secret WO 1 and 2, Bodymatics and Cardiotone General.

I did try some free content on Youtube yesterday....I did the Blizmatics preview ....after doing a warmup on another workout. I paused it and continued the reps. Then I did a CardioTone workout....well, just part of.....as I'm very beginnerish and just getting back into my WO's. I REALLY liked it.

I sent a note stating I loved that he suggested Kundalini Yoga with his Method and the girl that took my order said he was standing right there and said to give me a freebie workout.....Cardio Tone 1 A.

I thanked them!! That was very nice of him.

I pulled up his content on FB and saw excellent results from a woman from Blizmatics!! I'm excited to try this as it feels good and right for my body and injuries.....and love that he says to do Kundalini as that's what I love to do!!
You chose some of my favorites And yes, Hamelin and staff are always nice, helpful and super generous

Hamelin is BIG on Kundalini yoga, and it truly compliments the method quite well. On A being more effective than B or viceversa, I think that's quite personal (some people have gotten awesome results with TAM, some not so much, some have injured themselves badly, including myself...), so my experience is that HDM has been great for me in every way - less injuries, more craving my workout time, and this overall feeling of wellness and inner calm that no amount of yoga and meditation attempts helped me to attain. The workouts are strangely addictive!

Aside from the workouts you purchased, I would recommend you to check out the ton of free material found here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3y..._7Is5Kq3wo9KGA There you can sample all the goodies! the live classes, all the cardiotones (check out #4 - that one is the BOMB!). This is the playlist with all the free toning https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iQgc-IpEwqJCr4 Toning 1 to Toning 7 were the workouts that "started it all" and IMO they're pretty safe because he moves at a really controlled pace and you can use whatever weights you feel comfortable with
Old 01-22-17, 04:55 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I'm curious why you would pick Secret Workout 1 when it's high impact and you said you are always injured? I have the other 2 and SW2 is my favorite for cardio. Both have great toning sets.

Cardio Tone G is awesome. I like Bodymatics but normally do it in parts bc it's challenging to do it all at once and definitely not for a beginner. It doesn't surprise me that Hamelin gifted you a free class. He is very generous.
Yep, Secret1 Cardio is hi-lo aerobics, but it's quite easy to modify to all low impact by step-touching

CTG is probably my most used cardio workout ever It's like an instant happy pill
Old 01-22-17, 10:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Glad that Hamelin took care of you, Lora. He seems very sweet to me. Maybe it's the hats he always wears in his vids, but I'm strangely curious about him, LOL! You'll come across some workouts where he doesn't complete all the reps, but uses his hand to count for you. I say...NO FAIR, but who knows how many clients he's trained that week or classes he's done?

I Cardio Tone G!!! I also have Secret Workout 2 but still haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to do HDM courses, plus try the new stuff. Love Blitzmatics, too! Some of the Matics individual workouts are too tough for me! I can't make it through most of the reps in Thighs I, II or Glutes. I'm crazy for his Arm workouts. Anytime I can throw those into the mix, I do. But, my abs need lot's of work. I like his controlled pace for ab work. It's not rushed and you can really concentrate on pulling in those muscles.

Anyway, I totally believe in taking care of your body and not beating up your joints. I've had injuries that set me back and it's no fun, so you can modify anything you can't do. If there's high impact cardio (from an older workout) you are wise enough to know what's right for you. And, if TA isn't your cup of tea, either choose someone else (Hamelin) or only do her standing or slower pregnancy workouts. Good we have so many choices.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 11:06 PM  
lorajc

Op
Quote:

Because I was just purchasing the lowest priced ones and had no idea of content,.,..They were marked down..... Also I use a Rebounder for impact.

Also..To clarify..I'm not injured from working out...I'm injured from other outside circumstances...And have been modifying my workouts for 30 years due to the issues........So I'm used to it.

Oh and while I'm building my strength up.....I only do parts of workouts....So I just won't do the entire Body magics.... Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-22-17, 11:39 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Glad that Hamelin took care of you, Lora. He seems very sweet to me. Maybe it's the hats he always wears in his vids, but I'm strangely curious about him, LOL! You'll come across some workouts where he doesn't complete all the reps, but uses his hand to count for you. I say...NO FAIR, but who knows how many clients he's trained that week or classes he's done?

I Cardio Tone G!!! I also have Secret Workout 2 but still haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to do HDM courses, plus try the new stuff. Love Blitzmatics, too! Some of the Matics individual workouts are too tough for me! I can't make it through most of the reps in Thighs I, II or Glutes. I'm crazy for his Arm workouts. Anytime I can throw those into the mix, I do. But, my abs need lot's of work. I like his controlled pace for ab work. It's not rushed and you can really concentrate on pulling in those muscles.

Anyway, I totally believe in taking care of your body and not beating up your joints. I've had injuries that set me back and it's no fun, so you can modify anything you can't do. If there's high impact cardio (from an older workout) you are wise enough to know what's right for you. And, if TA isn't your cup of tea, either choose someone else (Hamelin) or only do her standing or slower pregnancy workouts. Good we have so many choices.
Thanks...Yes...I always do TAS pregnancy and beginner stuff or just modify.......Modify!
Old 01-23-17, 06:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post

CTG is probably my most used cardio workout ever It's like an instant happy pill
Same here. I really, really like this one and use it often. Low impact, great music, time flies!
Old 01-23-17, 07:15 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Same here. I really, really like this one and use it often. Low impact, great music, time flies!
Me three. The new CT 1a is the same.. I Love It!
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-17, 07:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Me three. The new CT 1a is the same.. I Love It!
Which one is CT 1a?

Tags
hdm