Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-15-20, 08:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I didn't get much in the way of formal exercising done yesterday. I did fight the grocery store crowds to (mostly) finish stocking up in case we have to stay in for an extended period. I also straightened up the pantry and cleaned out the freezer so I would have more room for my purchases. Good grief! Most of our churches are still open here, but a few have gone to live streaming.

We did manage to take the dogs for a walk, as it was a really nice day:

Dog Walk - 30 minutes

The dogs are loving are warmer weather, but we have several days of cooler weather with rain ahead, so we'll see how that goes. Cabin fever?

Hopefully I'll get back to regular workouts this coming week.

Christine & Linda - I agree, the regrets for closing too early are a lot less than they would be had we not closed and had an in school outbreak. I couldn't figure out how we would manage the dynamic if we hadn't closed, but requested families who traveled internationally to stay out for 2 weeks and they refused to do so and brought their children anyway. Honestly, I could see that happening.

Carol

Last edited by txhsmom; 03-15-20 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We have been laying low - trying to avoid going out unnecessarily.

For work - I only have to go in to the office on Friday - we have split up and only 2 people need to go in each day of the week - the rest of the time we are going to be working from home. We shall see what happens by Friday - it may be that we are 100% at home by then - things seem to be escalating exponentially!

For workouts I did:

Saturday - Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion and Jessica Valent - Pilates for Back Pain

Sunday - Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 Min Arms & Abs; 20 Minute Walk & Tone and Jessica Valent - Hip Stretches

Lucy Wyndham Read is a new find for me - she is on You Tube and has a website where she sells ebooks and programs. The routines I did today were very straightforward - but seemed effective. There is no music - so you need to play your own and the production value is that she is shown on a split screen against a white background with one side showing lower intensity and the other side showing higher intensity. I would do more of her workouts for when I'm in the mood for something of that nature - they are also good for when you are short on time.

her website is here:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/

I hope everyone is doing well during this stressful time. I'm ok w/ curtailing my activities - it seems like a necessary thing to do to keep the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. I am worried about DD, however, as less activity means more time on the computer which means more depression and disordered thinking. It will be hard to keep her busy/active especially since I need to be working during the week - as if I were in the office. I never thought I'd say these words, but I wish I was stuck at home w/ a 6 year old instead of a 16 year old!

But, this too shall pass.

Have a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 02:41 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Late check in because of late workout. I really didn't feel like working out today (just plain lazy) and just when I decided to take a day off today, my better self kicked in and told me to get off my butt and do something, anything, for 15 minutes and see how it goes. So I did and I just finished:

Leslie 3 Mile Weight Loss DVD (Mary Kay does mile 2)- all 3 miles
ePilates Morning Stretch - 20min. Wonderful stretch regardless of time of day.

I'm feeling great right now and I'm so glad I worked out.

I hope everyone is doing well. Waves to all!
Old 03-15-20, 03:52 PM  
furmomof6

DH and I took the dog for another walk today. The weather has been nice and sunny.

I finished up my spring cleaning and got a nice chemical burn on my finger! I didn't even realize that I must have gotten some bathroom cleaner on it. I rinsed it good and put some Vaseline on it.

Dana, good for you!

Donna, I'm glad your work is being accommodating. I'll pray that DD can find something to pass the time besides the dreaded social media! Thanks for the link to that website.

Carol, definitely better safe than sorry with closing your school!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 07:31 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today is a mobility day for me and these I did were aired on PBS today: CS #1111 "Spine strengthening"; #8011 "Unlock your spine & Improve your posture". About to drive into a thrift store pilates DVD. I'll post more on it tomorrow.

Fellow Pilates Peeps, I wanted to make sure to tell you thank you for being such a sweet group of folks. I was reading this article about being careful not to be a part of groups that are competitive which cause you to be discouraged. You each have been nothing but encouraging and helpful and I truly appreciate your posts to me and each other. ((Hugs )) to each of you!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 07:33 PM  
donnamp

Hugs to you too Linda!!

And, this IS a great group!!!

Hopefully we will all stay healthy and sane throughout the next few weeks....

Donna
Old 03-15-20, 07:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

A real workout:

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3: Barefoot Cardio Core - 30 minutes & Total Body Stretch - 15 minutes

I don't think I had done either of these routines before. Barefoot Cardio Core reminded me of Jessica's earlier cardio workouts with a squishy ball and was just as enjoyable as those were. The Total Body Stretch was a good stretch that I can see doing often.

My son has said that he wants to exercise with me so he will have an accountability partner - he's not in good shape, so probably any of Jessica's stuff would work. I'm thinking about starting her Walk On Master calendar since those workouts aren't too choreographed or dancey. Honestly I don't know what I have that both of us could do. Maybe Cathe's LITE set? What do y'all think?

I went to Church today because I was the librarian on duty in our library. Not a lot of people there - that could be because of Spring Break starting, but I think the coronavirus had an impact as well. None of the church parking lots I passed had many cars. Drive thru restaurants, on the other hand, were booming when I drove home.

Linda - Glad you are here with us! Competition - a distant memory for me.

Christine - I agree. Better safe than sorry. I think we will see a lot more closings this week. Glad your weather has been good. We've had lovely warm days lately, followed the next day by a cold, rainy, day. It's been weird, just like everything else.

Donna - I suspect we will be avoiding going out - except for walks - as well. I'm hoping to actually finally get caught up over this 3 week period because people can't bother me as much at home, and I won't be doing coronavirus planning as much either.

Dana - Glad you got your workouts in. My better self got a hold of me as well today and made me do a cardio workout, instead of just laying on the mat to workout.

Hi Cheri & Brenda! Hope you are both safe and well.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 08:02 PM  
donnamp

Carol - maybe Jessica's original Walk Strong would be a good fit? Although he may not like the fusion workouts!! Maybe he can sub something else for those.

I have thought about going back and doing that set again.

Donna
Old 03-16-20, 02:18 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Linda, I feel the same way! This is a great group.

Friday: 45 min. walk/read

Yeah, that's a late post. Better late than never!

WA state is basically in lock down mode. Our governor just shut down restaurants and all public gatherings (some exceptions but not many), schools are closed for 6 weeks... it's nuts. Necessary! but nuts nonetheless. We are hiding away, homeschooling as usual and hoping this all calms down soon.

I've gotten very good at using Facebook's "silence xyz-person for 30 days" feature. Social media doesn't usually stress me out but right now... sigh.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B- Cardio for Menopause (she has a free e-book that has a 14 day schedule for women "of a certain age"). This was similar to Pahla's other cardio workouts, just a tad less intense. She also talks about how at this time in life, it is important to go moderate at least a few times a week rather than pushing hard all the time. Well, no one needed to tell me that twice, LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Supported Workout # 2 - this was one was up for today on Trifecta's March calendar. It used a yoga blanket as a prop. I was worried it would be too "fussy" but it actually worked well -

The upside to the COVID-19 situation is that I can sleep in and do longer workouts. Working from home has its advantages!

Brenda - I suspect it is just a matter of time before we are under a lock down as well. I don't think life is going to return to normal here until Mid-April or May.

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Donna