Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-20, 07:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Cardio Core - new workout on her membership site - 20 min of standing core work - pretty good!

Trifecta Pilates - Tone, Burn & Stretch - first half. At the beginning Beth mentions that you can split this into the Tone & Burn and Tone & stretch segments. It isn't clearly delineated where that break is - so I sort of stopped when I though we finished the "Burn" section and I'll come back and do the "stretch" this evening after our dog walk.

Toying with focusing more on Trifecta Pilates this month. I feel that her workouts would really benefit and improve my Pilates practice. But, I also tend to get bored and want to do other things as well. So I'll probably continue to play it by ear and mix her stuff in with other Pilates instructors and non-Pilates workouts.

Well, I just said a whole bunch of nothing, LOL!

Actually - I was thinking that Chris Freytag's walking program may be a good thing to mix w/ Trifecta..but then again, I"m doing more outdoor walks than ever...so...

Anyway---

Christine - I hope you and your DH are feeling much better!

Linda - it was good to hear your thoughts on Ellen's workout - I am so used to her I don't even notice her cueing or lack thereof!

Cheri - anything that gets me going is good -

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 08:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all ~ Tuesday's workouts were

Leslie Sansone - Tone Every Zone - Lower Body - 20 minutes;
Dog Walk - 35 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Back Strength - 15 minutes

I really enjoyed the Leslie workout - I had completely forgotten about this DVD. I actually felt like I got a good weight workout, although I did add in a few reps before Leslie would get started on each exercise. Used heavier weights and muscles felt decently fatigued when I was done.

Christine - So glad your doctor tested you so you can know for sure! I will continue to pray for you both.

Linda - I saw that Virginia had stay in place orders (or whatever Virginia calls them) until June . I thought that was a bit much at this point, but maybe he is just trying to diminish expectations that things will get back to normal sooner. On Monday, we announced that we were extending our remote learning through May 1st - we had some parents complain, of course - and then our Governor did the same for public schools the very next day, which vindicated our decision. Well, except for those parents who would like us to be licensed as a daycare so we could stay open. Ditto what Donna said about Ellen's cuing. I guess I've done her stuff for so many years that I kind of know where she's generally going next. She surely cues better than Miranda does, doesn't she?

Donna - Right now I can't stick to a rotation for beans. I like mixing it up. I'm not sure what that says about me though.

Cheri - Luckily my neighborhood is a non-boring place to walk. We actually have green spaces with walking trails, although I can see that by the end of this, we may want to be walking in a similar neighborhood across the way.

Dana - I had a similar experience using the "senior" shopping hours. The store was absolutely packed and most of the people were dawdling around - it took me forever to get my groceries and get out. I will not shop those hours again! Thankfully my store has been limiting items for some time now. Some stores in town are not, and I refuse to shop at them.

Brenda - Hope you are well!

Got to run - I have a Zoom meeting in less than an hour and I need a shower.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Nice workout, Carol! I almost joined Leslie's Daily walk today to try the Walk, Run and Lift workout but I talked myself out of it - I have lots of Leslie on DVD. Of course, I always reserve the right to change my mind.
Old 04-01-20, 11:23 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
She surely cues better than Miranda does, doesn't she?
Carol yes, lol! I never had to pause, watch a few seconds and then rewind like I have had to do with Miranda..hehe. They both are worth it for how I feel during, and after, the workouts. Had a friend say they had a Zoom social gathering...made me think I may have to learn how to use Zoom!

DonnaIt is interesting that both Miranda and Ellen seem genuinely concerned that the video audience is benefitting from what they teach, too. I enjoy that about both of them.

Tried Element total body pilates with mini ball (Lisa Hubbard) but only the 20 minute practice. It was no nonsense and to the point. In fact had to pause to get myself to get the ball in the correct position. So this is one of those you wouldn't ever be stuck in the Winsor demo hold forever. Her demeanor .. think Karen Voight. Lovely patio outdoor setting. Mostly ab work, not really total body but not sure you really can in 20 minutes anyway. Excellent use of my Barre3 ball .. used it for tricep pushups..yowza. She mentions in the introduction doing the other 30 min practice after the 20 minute one. I am not sure I'd be able to do that anytime soon, lol.
Will post back when I decide to try the 30 minute. I definitely think this 20 min one would pair well with the 10 MS pilates mini ball workout or any 10 min solution pilates workout.

Sending you all strong healthy wishes!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 12:08 PM  
cherimac

PN Pilates for Stress Relief and Anxiety
Buff Bites Back of Shoulder and Balance work

The PN spent a lot of time working the hips and glutes and stretching and it was lovely. Buff Bites used a band and did standing work in various planes of motion using a lot of bow and arrow moves.

Linda~I used to love all the Element workouts. They are soothing and have lovely settings.

Christine~continuing to pray for you.

Carol~our neighborhood is literally a dead end. You get back in here and all the streets connect, usually in a circle of sorts. There's only one way out and in, though.

Donna~are you going to have to go back to the office?
Old 04-02-20, 06:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I was feeling really stiff so I did:

Trifeccta Pilates - Wake up with Pilates and the 2nd half of the Tone, Burn & Stretch workout I started yesterday.

It is finally sunny and that should help a bit w/ our moods! Last night DD and I walked and we'll walk again tonight.

I may try to get a "spark" in this afternoon - I'm finding some short - 10-20 min - bursts help throughout they day.

Christine - I hope you are ok!!

Cheri - those sound like nice workouts. I may have to look into Buff...I like the idea of doing little bits throughout the day now that I'm working from home for the foreseeable future!

Linda - I enjoy that Element workout too - if i recall correctly, it had some good hip flexor stretches....

Hope everyone has a good day - back to the grind!

Donna
Old 04-02-20, 08:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were:

Buff Bites;
Leslie Sansone - Walk, Run, Lift - 30 minutes;
Dog Walk - 45 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Stress and Anxiety - 30 minutes

The 30 minute Walk, Run, Lift workout was led mostly by Nick, with some help from Rocky. I wish Rocky had led the entire walk - she's much better at cuing than Nick, who has no concept of what an 8 count is and always seems to start on about count 3. It's set up with 3 circuits of [surprise] Walking (3 minutes), Running type moves (2 minutes), a transition walk (about 2 minutes) and Lifting (2 minutes with the band). I wish the Lifting segments had been longer and used weights instead. Music and outfits were not horrible. Leslie was nowhere in sight.

The Pilates for Stress and Anxiety routine was nice, but I'm not sure why it was called that. It was a nice idea to start out the month, though.

Donna - Nice workouts. Sunshine does make everything better, doesn't it? Can you imagine if this mess had started in January or so? January is depressing enough because of the weather.

Cheri - Our neighborhood sounds similar - we have a couple of ways in and out, but they are not direct and there's only one main way for cars to get to the other side of the neighborhood because of the greenway that runs through the neighborhood. It is good for walking though.

Linda - I'm spending a lot of time on Zoom these days for meetings, and I hate looking at myself on the screen. I'm pretty scary (and old) looking. Love the background setting for the Element DVDs. I would love to be the gardener for that property.

Has anyone heard from Christine lately, or Brenda? I'm getting worried about them.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 08:47 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

I tried streaming GHUTV workout at 7am and thought I couldn't possibly have problems that early, but the workout started freezing just a minute into it. I decided I wasn't going to waste my time and momentum on trying to work through it so instead I did:

Gina B's Dance That Walk Total Body Sculpt 2 + Bonus Abs - 65 min. I like this DVD a lot!

Later I'm going to try to stream ePilates and hope for the best. I'm glad I still have my DVDs to fall back on. I ordered GHUTV Fit Over 40 DVD set few days ago, and I'm glad I did! I think she still has them on special for 59.99.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-02-20, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

LOL, Carol I'm glad my work laptop does not have a camera! we are mostly meeting in TEAMS. some people have cameras and you can see them, others either don't have them or turn them off. I think all of that stuff is pretty unflattering no matter how good you look or how young you are!

Hot and Flashy had a You Tube video that shows how to look better in a video call - I didn't watch it but I saw it was posted.

Nice workouts!

I am also worried about Christine and Brenda!

Donna

waves, Dana! I should order some of the sets from Chris.....
Old 04-02-20, 09:26 AM  
furmomof6

I'm going to start an April thread

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228250

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote