Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-28-20, 05:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Bar Method - Power from Within - 60 minutes

This was tough! A ton of curl work - I find Bar Method's ab work to be really tough anyway, but there seemed to be extra sets of curl, pushups and plank work. I'll confess, I didn't do all the reps or even attempt to do all the sets, and I'm still plenty sore. 60 minutes is probably too much for me right now. We will probably walk the dogs later after dinner.

I am having some Internet issues as well, and I've heard from other folks in town that they are too. I think so many of us are working and meeting from home that we are putting extra stress on the Internet infrastructure.

Hope everyone is staying safe. Keeping y'all in my prayers!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 06:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol 8-10 days?!? That's terrible :-(

And an hour of ab focused work is too much ..sheesh!

As far as the interwebs..I told my daughter the same thing. All these kids are now needing streaming and doing school online as well. She gets worried it will stop while she's in the middle of an exam, too.

Praying for all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 08:58 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

ePilates Full Body Workout with Weights - 39min
GHUTV Fat Burning Cardio Walk - 20min

I woke up at 4am and was fully alert. So I've decided to take advantage of the early hour and after some coffee I streamed both workouts above with no problems whatsoever. Most of my neighbors were asleep and not on their computer - so no freezing issues.

Now, I'm almost ready for a quick nap.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.
Old 03-29-20, 11:35 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol 8-10 days?!? That's terrible :-(

And an hour of ab focused work is too much ..sheesh!

As far as the interwebs..I told my daughter the same thing. All these kids are now needing streaming and doing school online as well. She gets worried it will stop while she's in the middle of an exam, too.

Praying for all!
I know - 8 to 10 days is almost unbelievable, but it's happening out here. Not sure why. And there aren't that many tests being done here, so I hear. You must meet really strict testing criteria to qualify for a test.

Carol
Old 03-29-20, 01:06 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

I've been resting the past few days, although I'm trying to do some intentional movement every hour. DH is still sick. It's day 12 and now he has a cough. I developed a sore throat and dry cough a day or so ago. I don't have a fever so I'm not sure if I could be tested, but I'm staying put and getting my fluids and vitamins.

Carol, that is way too long to find out! We're fortunate that DH found out in less than 48 hours.

Dana, I'm glad you were able to get your workouts in!

Donna, it has been a dreary weekend here too.

Cheri, did you decided what to do with work?

You're all in my thoughts and prayers!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 09:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

Christine you have definitely been in my thoughts. I will be praying for you and your husband. Please keep us updated on how you're doing. Definitely do what you can in the self care dept. I'm sorry your DH had been sick so long. It's hard to be sick that long even without all the stress we have going on.

Dana I don't think I could make myself wake up at 4AM..even if it did allow me to enjoy a cool subscription without interference. That's amazing how you're able to do that early. I would be on the couch watching hallmark channel, lol.

Carol one thing I don't like is when Cathe says she wants to do a bonus 4. I'm like "no! I picked the correct weight by golly and I'm done. "

Today was Tracie SS#1 mobility; Cathe Bootcamp; CS Forever Painless "Full body pain relief." That CS was almost meditative and very enjoyable. I restructured the Cathe Bootcamp using the premixes and made it work for me.

I'm toying with doing some more Cathe intensity series and sprinkling in my Ellens and some pilates this week. The problem is I'm really wanting to do more Tracie workouts..some of the recent threads reminded me how much I enjoy them. The desire to do workouts I have never tried may win out and have me doing my eBay treasures, lol.

Praying for all my check in Peeps to stay healthy and not be filled with worry!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 06:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I switched gears again - my hip has been a bit cranky - not sure why - maybe too much sitting around on the couch! So, with that in mind, I decided to do some Pilates this morning. I did:

Trifecta Pilates - Yoga Pilates Fusion Routine - it included some yoga inspired stretching in between the Pilates exercises.

I will get out for a walk today it the weather cooperates and if that doesn't happen I'll find something indoors to doy.

Here's to a new week of teleworking madness!

Linda - nice set of workouts!!

Christine - I hope you and your DH are feeling better.

Carol - I think around here the testing criteria is pretty strict, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:18 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was an official rest day - I did

Dog Walk - 40 minutes;
Bar Method - Tone Your Quads - 15 minutes

I really enjoyed this short snip-it of a Bar Method workout. Nice stretching.

I noticed that Leslie Sansone is releasing some new workouts on her streaming platform on Wednesday. I'm thinking about resubscribing.

Donna - Too much sitting for me too. Too much darn time on the computer...

Linda - Cathe & bonus rounds

Christine - So sorry that DH is still sick! Good grief, this is not the time for that. How's his fever? High? If so, would his doctor consider re-testing him? We've had folks test positive for both.

Dana - I guess that is one advantage of working out at 4 am. No competition for bandwidth! Sadly, I can't make myself move at 4 am.

Stay safe y'all ~

Carol
Old 03-30-20, 10:12 AM  
donnamp

Ooh - I will have to check out Leslie's streaming platform, too. it is not expensive and may help with getting steps in.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 12:02 PM  
furmomof6

Hi,
Thanks for the concerns and well wishes! We heard from our doctor today and DH does not have the flu. He now thinks he may have had a false negative corona test and wants to re-test him. Ugh. He's waiting for more tests though. He's going to call us later. DH feels a little better today with no fever yet, thankfully. We'll see what happens this evening as his temp went to about 101 last night. His breathing is okay, but he just developed a cough. I'm going to take it easy for now and rest. I do still have a sore throat and cough, but no fever.

Carol, I've been sitting way too much. Thanks for mentioning Leslie, maybe I can at least do some indoor walking.

Linda, thank you for the prayers!

Donna, I hope you get out for a walk. It's overcast here, but more rain is on the way.

Waves Cheri, Brenda & Dana!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote