Fri-off
Sat-Pyramid Pump
Sun- Metabolic Blast and optional Calorie Crush
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 11:28 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think someone said it was on Cathe's yearly wall calendar.
Just posted week 1.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 12:46 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Week 1 rotation.
Mon- Cardio Party with optional Calorie Crush
Tues-Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper with Abs 1
Wed -Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower
Thur-Revd Up Rumble with Abs 2
Fri-off
Sat-Pyramid Pump
Sun- Metabolic Blast and optional Calorie Crush
Thank you very much!
Trixoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 12:48 PM  
laurajhawk

Yes, thank you!!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 01:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I agree Cathe loves her long warmups but to me that is one of the best things about her as an instructor. For a cardio workout it makes it so much easier for me if there is an extended warmup, I feel like I can work twice as hard after a long warmup and not feel fried. I’ve been doing some 20-minute workouts lately where the warmup is about a minute and I feel like I’m gasping for breath after the first interval whereas with Cathe I feel like I’m in the zone and can go forever and get more benefit from the workout and not feel horrible in the process. The warmups that DO bug me are many of the Firms - “Step touch, step touch, step touch OOOOHHH that was hard!”
I should have been clearer in my comment I guess. Cathe only seems to have extended warmups for the kickboxing/boxing workouts, not for her other cardio workouts. I find this strange. Some of her other cardio workouts could use a longer warmup.

LOL Joni.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 01:18 PM  
angie_nrs

Metabolic Blast

I did not preview before starting Metabolic Blast. I did the premix option adding in Abs #2 which clocked in at about 50 minutes. I do think this was easier than the Metabolic w/o in ICE. I could have increased my weights in this with the exception of just a couple of shoulder exercises, so I definitely think this is intermediate but can easily be ramped up.

There is a transition between the standing portion and floor portion which is pretty intense. I think it's mostly because Cathe just finished a pretty good shoulder burn in the last standing exercise and then moves right to the floor where you put all your weight on one shoulder.....that is already fatigued. I was dripping sweat on my mat at that point! All in all I liked the variety and most of the moves. I REALLY appreciated the fact that there were NO push ups!! I was going to add on the calorie crush, but noticed there seems to be a lot of burpees in that, which I just wasn't in the mood for today.

I enjoyed this workout and will likely increase the weights the next time, but still got a good sweat without feeling destroyed at the end of it. My shoulders are a bit sore as are the abs. I didn't even look at the clock on my player until the 21 minute mark, so that is definitely a bonus. Plus, it looks like there are a lot of neat premixes and bounus to explore.

The music was meh. There was a call back to the "you want this party started right?".....from Intensity series I believe, which was kinda cool, but I don't like the synthesizer music that went with it. However, it's not a complete deal breaker. I just wish the music was better.

I liked Abs #2. It was challenging but doable. It wasn't too long and it didn't rep me to death. I will do this add on often, which is not something I do with the ICE Abs. I think Cathe has a tendency to make the add on's too long when I just want a 6 minute (or so) add on of Abs. I'm not sure exactly how long this was, but it moved along at a good pace and since the w/o is fairly short, the add was the perfect length of time for me.

Overall I liked it! I would rate it a 9/10
Old 01-14-19, 01:59 PM  
clerkin11

I just did Stacked Lower Body
This one was definitely harder than I expected. Partly that's my fault because I was expecting it to be easier, so I went heavyish (for me) with the weights. I was a sweaty tired mess by the end!! There was definitely a cardio effect. There are 2 sets of 5 exercises and she runs through each set twice. I thought the second group was easier than the first group.
Cathe is known for her leg workouts and this one is good. I'll definitely include it in my rotation because it's relatively short and effective. If you're new to Cathe you may want to do it once with no weights to get used to the moves.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 02:56 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
There's nothing on the floor for Cardio Party. A few side lunges with reaches toward the foot but nothing where you touch the floor.

I'm kind of annoyed, frankly. I just did Six-Pack Abs 2, and it's no easier than Abs 1, in my opinion. The second move, Long Reach Butterfly Situps, I literally could not do at all.

If I want a challenging abs routine, I have about 60 Cathe workouts to choose from. I was hoping that with LITE there would be abs workouts that would actually be doable by and designed for intermediates. I remember when I was first getting in shape, back in 1999, how difficult it was to execute even one full situp. Now, at age 65, I'd like some abs routines for days when I don't feel like killing myself or feeling discouraged. I feel like Cathe dropped the ball on this one. Modifications to the moves are just mentioned in passing ... no background exerciser is actually doing them and if I want to do just simple crunches, I know how to do them without needing to play this workout.
Ugh...I'm disappointed in this too. Abs is something I don't really like doing because I have to be so careful with my upper back/neck issues. I was really going to buckle down with this series & do abs more often like I should be in hopes of making them stronger
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 05:13 PM  
ellaenchanted

How many reps are in each set of each exercise in Stacked Sets, PHA2, and the band workout?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 05:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Strong Body Stacked Sets:Lower!

I did the Lower Body today and really liked it. I was fully rested and ready to go! Liked the simplicity of this one and it was very straightforward with variations on lunges, squats, deadlifts. No floorwork, all standing, not tons of equipment. I swapped my barbell out for dumbbells, only because I have shoulder issues and had no problem doing so. A great workout and one I will reach for many times over. Very efficient. And, I was able to match Cathe in weights without any problems, so that felt good, too!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands