Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-18, 03:26 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

any new fitness items for Christmas?

my sister got me these cute capri/yoga pants with cut out mesh on the calves. i told her "wow, these look sexy."

she said make sure i try them on before taking off the tags since they're tight looking. she also gave me a GC to Ulta - our Ulta stores just arrived in Honolulu this past year, and i've never gone in there yet. i've read VF threads of the past that mentioned fitness items there.

i also picked up some DVDs for myself like from the Fitness Favorites sale, Jillian Michaels' Lift and Shred, Yoga Booty Ballet Pajama Time, Forza II, and Cize Lose It from the BB sale.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 07:53 AM  
Indy

Nothing!!!! My how things change - I used to be thrilled to be getting new Fitness DVDs for Christmas. I was thrilled, however, to get some old movies that I've been wanting for awhile. Can't wait to watch them - hoping they have captions as I'm hearing impaired and this is a constant issue for me. Yeah, I can hear it but I can't make out what is being said. It is beyond frustrating. Also got new headphones to watch tv with - so maybe that'll help.

Right now I'm very happy with my current collection. I also have some I haven't tried so New Year's Resolution is to get those done.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 08:32 AM  
sherry7899

The only time I got a fitness gift was years ago when I told my DH I wanted
10 lb weights. We don't really exchange anymore, so any fitness gifts are from my secret Santa or I buy them myself I am fine with that. I have so many untried workouts to use in 2019!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 08:44 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I got DVDs, but not fitness ones - I got a Lou Grant DVD set! I used to love that show and didn't even know it was on DVD. And I wish it was captioned, since the sound is fuzzy compared to today's shows and dialogue can be hard to make out. I have captions on the tv all the time without shame

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 08:46 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I got DVDs, but not fitness ones - I got a Lou Grant DVD set! I used to love that show and didn't even know it was on DVD. And I wish it was captioned, since the sound is fuzzy compared to today's shows and dialogue can be hard to make out. I have captions on the tv all the time without shame
Oh, they finally put that out?! I loved that show. I think there was some dispute with Fox over the rights to it for years that held it up. I have the whole Mary Tyler Moore series on dvd Enjoy it!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 08:57 AM  
Mickey12

I got tons of DVDs, including a lot from the Firm sale and Beachbody sale. I also saved Annie Smith’s yoga set to wrap up for Christmas. I bought them and had my husband wrap them up for gifts. I don’t need to be surprised, I just love new workouts. Sometimes my sister gets me workout clothes, but I didn’t get any this year.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 09:11 AM  
Rhonda

I got one item. The slanted risers for my step. I didn’t ask for anything as I am happy with les mills on demand. I have been using this a lot
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 09:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

My DH renewed my annual subscription to Pilates by Lisa, and I purchased 2 of Jessica's new DVDs, Jane Adams yoga DVD and Boho Transform 14-day program for myself. They're all combination of Christmas and birthday presents for me since both occasions are only a few days apart. I think I'm covered for a while.
Old 12-26-18, 09:36 AM  
bubbles76

My mom got me an Amazon gift card, so technically it's a fitness gift . I'm window shopping right now to see what I want. We are out of town so I don't know what Big Bubble got me. Hoping it's a barbell set. And of course, the Cathe set, but I don't think it's been delivered yet.

ETA: Forgot that my mother DID get me a fitness dvd But she also got me a Temptations concert dvd, so me and Big Bubble were completely
excited over that lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 10:36 AM  
Sissy B

I didn't get any fitness gifts, but I gave DH a new Fitbit Charge 3 and a workout bag for the gym. And yes, he wanted both of these.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote