Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-08-18, 12:11 PM  
kettlebell

You can also slow down play while playing a DVD or MP4 with VLC media player. First choose the workout, then select Playback, then speed slow (fine) or slow.

VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
kettlebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-18, 12:49 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
how did you figure out how your existing DVD player could do this? thanks.
bjones mentioned in a post above mine that if the dvd player will do this, there's a 'fast/slow' button on the remote.

By some miracle, the remote I have for this older model still works. I'm guessing you'd probably lose that feature if your old remote dies and you switch to a programmable remote.

I have a number of old dvd players, but not all of them still have the original remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
... Some things to be aware of: only the older DVD players have this feature. The key is seeing a picture of the remote. The remote should have a "fast/slow" play button. ... Best buy has the cheapest one if you don't care about upscaling. It shows a pic of the remote with the fast/slow button on the lower left of it.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-dv...?skuId=4790684
Old 10-08-18, 03:11 PM  
maitai

CIA 9908 !!!
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-18, 03:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
bjones mentioned in a post above mine that if the dvd player will do this, there's a 'fast/slow' button on the remote.

By some miracle, the remote I have for this older model still works. I'm guessing you'd probably lose that feature if your old remote dies and you switch to a programmable remote.

I have a number of old dvd players, but not all of them still have the original remote.
my Panasonic region-free DVD player's remote has this button. I think I might try this out with Firm Express.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slow button on remote