Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-18, 01:30 PM  
clerkin11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
CLERKIN11:
Could you please provide the link to the dvd player on Amazon? I am not turning up anything in my search. Thanks.
I'm not sure if I'm doing the link correctly, but the url is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does that work?
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 01:43 PM  
TracyQ

Like someone else posted—ALL of Cathe’s weight workouts (except Slow and Heavy) . and some of her cardio offerings too. I’m at least 6” taller than her with long arms and legs and I’m always a bit behind especially when she does burpees. It drives me crazy.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 01:55 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm tempted to buy this thing JUST for those Michelle Dozois workouts.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 04:08 PM  
warriorprincess

Wow, never thought of this! I just discovered there's a way to change the speed that youtube plays a video. I can't wait to try it!

http://osxdaily.com/2017/04/14/adjus...layback-speed/

Or in my case, since I've ripped most of my videos and play them with Quicktime:

https://lifehacker.com/incrementally...ime-1760614795

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 04:09 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Dreambody. Every. Single. One.

They are just manic.
This may have been just a rumor, but I remember reading that at least one of the Dreambody workouts was recorded at a normal pace and then sped up a tiny bit before the dvd was released so that the dvd was faster than in real life. Which, I agree, is how they all feel...
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 09:17 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Or in my case, since I've ripped most of my videos and play them with Quicktime:

https://lifehacker.com/incrementally...ime-1760614795
Warriorprincess - Thank you!! This will change my life!

Can't believe I never thought of it before. Mind. Blown.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 10:56 PM  
Helen

THANKYOU for the YouTube speed tip !!! i never knew that!

I'm fine with fast complex STEP, but anything like Latin dance (ala Zumba & some of Les Mills Body Jams), I just CANNOT get my hips to do what theirs do, and have often wished I could slow them down to half pace, then gradually increase the speed, to eventually get the moves without being totally clunky about it.

I'm sure to be able to find some latin dance workouts on YouTube to experiment with.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 12:16 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

the first set that comes to mind is The Firm Express.
Firm Express was exactly my thought too! I love the workouts, but don't do them as it just feels like such a frenzy.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 08:16 PM  
clerkin11

I did a Peak 10 Cardio Strength workout at 80% speed today and it was awesome!! It was just what I was hoping for.

The dvd player has speeds of 0.60, 0.80, 1.00, 1.20, 1.40 etc.

0.80 was a good speed to do these workouts (for me) and it was as much fun as I imagined it would be. I was able to do the moves in a more controlled way, but it still kept a good pace. I stayed in the aerobic zone the whole time (according to my fitbit) and I wasn't flailing weights around. I still did modify some of her moves because I have a sore wrist and I didn't want to do any burpees, etc. But I'm used to modifying, so that part was easy.

Warriorprincess, thanks for the YouTube tip!

I tried changing the speed in Quicktime, but it would only let me speed it up. Is there a special trick to going slower? I would love to try 90% speed on some workouts. Thanks!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 10:54 PM  
bjones

I think I am the one who originally posted the tip on Sony DVD players with reduced and increased speed levels a couple of years ago! Here's how I use it:
1-slow it down-to learn complex (step) choreography
2-or-when I'm not at my best and feel I'm going to trip on the step but still want to do a step workout.
3-or-for a Cathe weight workout where I want to lift a little slower with a little longer breaks between sets.
3-speed it up-when I want to do a fun Jessica cardio (thinking cardio party) but I want more intensity to it.
I actually have an even older Sony that plays in increments of 10% instead of 20%. Now thats REALLY great because you cannot even tell that its playing at a different speed sound wise at 90% and its just enough of a bump up or down to subtly change your workout.
Some things to be aware of: only the older DVD players have this feature. The key is seeing a picture of the remote. The remote should have a "fast/slow" play button. Also, they are rather slow to open the tray, load and play the DVD, but once it plays its fine. I don't think any of the blurays have the fast/slow button. I actually own 3 of them because I know they'll eventually stop making them and as I get (even) older I know I will want this feature more and more.
Best buy has the cheapest one if you don't care about upscaling. It shows a pic of the remote with the fast/slow button on the lower left of it.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-dv...?skuId=4790684
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slow button on remote