Jari Love body rock clip is up

At Collage.

looks like fun.. glad i pre ordered!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 04:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

who is the co-instructor?

i hope the actual video is not as dark as it comes out on the clip!

i pre-ordered too - from amazon.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 06:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I was just going to say I'm so sick of that dark depressing set. I never want to pull out one of the new Jari's.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 06:55 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I was just going to say I'm so sick of that dark depressing set. I never want to pull out one of the new Jari's.
Maybe she and Leslie got together to maket the bat cave look.

Although it kind of reminds me of Gin Miller's first Step Reebok workouts and Karen Voight's Strong and Streamlined, or whatever that MTVish workout was.
Old 01-20-10, 07:06 PM  
juberann

HMMMM, looks interesting I agree about the dark sets, what the heck is up with that??? what's wrong with a little color and brightness??
This looks nothing like Jari's other workouts and,while I guess it's good she is expanding her horizons,it definitely did not strike my interest at all
At least this cover is better then the one for Extremely Ripped 1000, I was SHOCKED when I seen that cover up close, Jari is just scary-skinny
I will be passing on this one

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 08:16 PM  
junadelam

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
At least this cover is better then the one for Extremely Ripped 1000, I was SHOCKED when I seen that cover up close, Jari is just scary-skinny
I will be passing on this one

Judy
Judy, I agree. We're not permitted to discuss an instructor's appearance, so I'll just say that Love's workouts have increasingly lost their appeal to me.

I like that they're affordable and no-nonsense, but they have a doom and gloom quality to them for me. The dark sets and the diminutive tone of the workouts are a big part of it. Jari seems like a sweet person, but the self-effacement seems a little too like self-deprivation for my taste.

I usually don't care much if fitness instructors are role models, but I do know that these are the only videos that I find painful to watch.

For this reason, when returning to weights, I decided to go with CLX instead of the newish Loves.
junadelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 10:49 PM  
Fitstick

hmph, not sure what to think about this workout altho I do have it on preorder. I hope to be the first to give my 2 cents on it!

P.S. I also hate the dark set!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 10:54 PM  
carres1973

Mary at TotalFitness has a longer clip. Not better. Just longer.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 11:03 PM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
Mary at TotalFitness has a longer clip. Not better. Just longer.

Carrie
Heh. I like that.
This isn't something I'm interested in. I can ignore a lot of stuff [mirror cuing, beat vs non beat, music vs non music], but darnit - I can not stand bat-caves! it makes me sing the batman song!

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 11:08 PM  
carres1973

I thought the Salsa/Hip-Hop section of the DVD was a bit strange. It looks ok...reminiscent of other dance DVDs on the market. However, Jari is nowhere to be seen on the set. In fact, none of the "dancers" look like Jari's backgrounders in the other sections. I guess we will have to wait and see what Jari says to introduce that section.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love