Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-20, 02:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I use walmart grocery pickup, but would prefer to go into the store for many reasons. I want to choose my own produce. If they are out of products, I want to choose my substitutions. I also sometimes will over order on pickup because I don't expect things to be in stock (for example, I'll order my preferred brand/flavor and then order less desirable brands and/or flavors just in case) and then, if they are, I end up with too much stuff or items I really didn't want as much as the one I hoped to get. Also, I've found that sometimes the grocery site will show things out of stock when they actually aren't. Or there will be limits on pickup, but not in the store.

Erica
Thanks, Erica! That makes sense. I'm still afraid to go in to a store as the virus numbers in my area are still going up.

We've had some dented cans that we wouldn't have bought if in the store. In general, we have been pleased.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 03:36 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
We picked up our Walmart order yesterday afternoon.

There was a really, really long line of people waiting to get into to the store. Everyone had a mask on, but they were huddled up well within 6 feet.

Yet, we were the only ones at the pick-up area. The pick-up service is free. Why on earth would you wait in line for an hour to mix with scofflaws in a store when you can drive in, wait in your car for it to be loaded and then drive off?

Can anyone 'splain it to me?
I tried pick up once, but didn't get the one item I really needed. It just seemed really difficult to get what I needed. But I have to admit, I like to get out of the house periodically. Otherwise, I'll go nuts!
Old 05-17-20, 03:53 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I tried pick up once, but didn't get the one item I really needed. It just seemed really difficult to get what I needed. But I have to admit, I like to get out of the house periodically. Otherwise, I'll go nuts!
The day I stood in line at TJ I stayed there because I honestly was needing to be out of the house. I bet that's true for some of them too

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 04:03 PM  
Erica H.

[QUOTE=Leonana;2874182 But I have to admit, I like to get out of the house periodically. Otherwise, I'll go nuts![/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
The day I stood in line at TJ I stayed there because I honestly was needing to be out of the house. I bet that's true for some of them too
Funny how people are so different. I have found that I love being home all the time! I don't even want to go out to do the grocery pickup when I schedule it. I could be home forever. Dd (17) is the same way - she hasn't left our road for over two months! She goes for a walk every day, but that's it. I don't know when she'll end up leaving our road.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 04:05 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
I need to get out of the house even though I am an introvert and love being home.

My son works in Target and said people come in and wander for hours like things are normal. I get what I need quickly and leave.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 04:11 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Funny how people are so different. I have found that I love being home all the time! I don't even want to go out to do the grocery pickup when I schedule it. I could be home forever. Dd (17) is the same way - she hasn't left our road for over two months! She goes for a walk every day, but that's it. I don't know when she'll end up leaving our road.

Erica
Erica, me too! I went back to work last week, and the weekend couldn't come fast enough, even though I got to spend the last two months at home.
Old 05-17-20, 11:41 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I need to get out of the house even though I am an introvert and love being home.

My son works in Target and said people come in and wander for hours like things are normal. I get what I need quickly and leave.
I'm an introvert too, but I also need regular interaction. I've heard it called Social Introvert. Being around people can be draining, but you need regular connections too. Almost like the worst of both worlds, lol.

I try to get in and out quickly too. Most stores are okay, but I made the mistake of going to Walmart on a Friday. Whole families were there, it was really hard to keep six feet away from people. I've been avoiding Walmart during the busier times.
Old 05-17-20, 11:44 PM  
Leonana

Quote:

Erica
I wish I could be that way sometimes. I do like being home, and I'm not the life of the party. But I get depressed if I'm not around people regularly.

My daughter (19) is similar to me. She's very quiet, but she likes social interaction. She works at Starbucks part time, and enjoys it.
Old 05-18-20, 08:20 AM  
laurajhawk

I like being home, but I go into the grocery store. I like to make decisions on the spot, especially substitutions, but even though I try to get in, get my list, and get out, there are opportunities for some fun impulse buys too. My supermarket is restricting the number of people inside at one time, and for me, that plus everyone wearing masks reduces the stress level of going.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 10:14 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:

Erica
I was just saying to a friend how much we are probably all learning about ourselves during this crisis. For example, I am really surprised at how much I enjoy being at home - I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as an extreme extrovert - but I do love being out and with people as long as it's balanced by some alone time. This whole sheltering in place has been relatively easy for me, and yet I know other people who are getting really depressed by it.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19