Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-25-20, 11:03 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi Everyone!

I started late today and unfortunately couldn't do any streaming. Many of my neighbors are at home and must be working from home and streaming workouts was impossible for me. This actually makes me mad because we live in a large urban area and we pay Comcast a sizeable ransom for our internet. We shouldn't have problems with internet!

Fortunately, I have a huge DVD collection and last Thanksgiving I bought Cathe's LITE and ICE sets that I haven't had a chance to use much. So this morning I did:

LITE Cardio Party 39min. Whole program but without bonuses.
LITE Metabolic Blast 35min. Warm up + Main program.

It's a wonderful thing to have good selection of DVDs for "emergencies" just like this!

Hope that everyone is hanging in there.
Old 03-25-20, 12:58 PM  
cherimac

PN Peace, Love, and Pilates

Our county is under a shelter at home quarantine. Also, non-essential businesses, including B&N, are closed. However, I will probably go in three days a week, starting next week. There will be three of us in the building at a time and we'll be receiving shipments, shelving, shipping, and doing maintenance. We will have our own equipment, etc. I talked with my mom, a nurse, and she thinks it is low-risk enough. Sitting at home and fretting is driving me bonkers.

Donna~sorry about work.
Old 03-25-20, 05:27 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

10 min upper body

I've also been doing random stuff like lunges while brushing my teeth, very gentle "walking" while watching the Great Australian Bake off on dailymotion.com, etc. My calf is getting better but I'm not ready for the treadmill yet. Walking still hurts but I can walk without a limp, so that's an improvement.

Cheri, that sounds like a good middle-ground way to feel productive. I feel almost guilty for being home and not able to accomplish much. I feel like we are wasting so much time even though homeschooling is happening as usual.

The women from my church started a group in Marco Polo, a video app which has been so amazing to discover. It's a small church so it's a HUGE group of 15 LOL and it's been so life-giving to see their faces, hear their voices... they are good friends to me.

Waving to you all!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 06:47 PM  
furmomof6

I took a rest day today. I've been feeling a little run down and hoping not to catch what DH has. He had to go back to the doctor today for blood work. He's still running around 101 fever.

Brenda, I'm glad things are improving. That's so nice about the video app for your church group! I had a conference call women's Bible study today. Not everyone in my group can figure out how to do video conferencing, but the phone worked! It felt nice to be connected again.

Cheri, that sounds like a nice plan to keep busy.

Dana, sorry your internet wasn't working, but glad you had some DVD's to choose from!

Donna, I'm sorry work has been extra stressful. Maybe this will be their wake up call to upgrade.

Carol, thank you! I'm praying he feels better soon.

Linda, hope you're doing well!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 02:08 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Christine - although it seems crazy to say this - I'm glad your DH has the flu! ((HUGS)))

Donna
Donna I totally agree it's crazy to say..but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

I feel bad for my DD. She was scheduled to take her drivers test on April 13th and now all of MVA is shut down until further notice. Also, the school play she has been working on will postponed indefinitely. It was a big deal - there 25th year and 50th production. I feel bad for the seniors, especially, as they may not get the chance to act in this production depending on when this all ends.

Donna
Donna I'm sorry for your daughter and all these young kids. Yes this is character building and they have the option to learn new ways to occupy their time...like that keyboard. I hope she explores that during this time and stays off social media. I just hate that they're missing out on moments they can't get back. Our schools have cancelled graduation ceremonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
So, I hurt myself again. [insert rolling eyes here] I was jumping up and down and felt something POP inside my left calf muscle. Now I can't push on things with the balls of my feet. It's not my achilles, thankfully. It is improving quickly and not as painful as it was, but I can't go on walks right now. I can lunge if I'm super careful and squatting is fine so I'll keep moving... sorta.

Our state (Washington) isn't technically doing "shelter in place" but close. I expect it's coming soon. We are one of the hot spots for this nasty virus and it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Brenda a friend of mine who works in a hospital in Spokane says the peak there won't be until mid April. Our state's trajectory will be several weeks after that they say. I'm sorry you hurt yourself and get your movement back as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
But, if my parents' generation can survive WWII and their parents' generation can survive the Great Depression, then our kids can survive this. Maybe it will build character.

Carol
But Carol, can I survive my kid being home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
But, I pray that the virus is contained very quickly.
cheri I pray the same and glad you found a way to work that's low risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
It's a wonderful thing to have good selection of DVDs for "emergencies" just like this!
Dana I have tried some of these free streaming trials and it's an epic fail here. I have to try first thing in the AM and see if they work better. So glad to have DVDs to rely on with my horrible internet access.

Christine I'm sorry your husband is still ill and that you feel tired too. I hope you are able to your strength back.

I have been doing mostly mobility and active recovery until Tuesday when I did Cathe's MIS and today's Cardiocoach #4.
I have been trying out my CS Forever Painless DVD and it's had some helpful moves for mobility that I'm going to practice in the hopes of making them a typical part of my cooldown/stretch routines.

Sending you all Happy Healthy Thursday wishes.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 07:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

16 Min HIIT
10 MIN Cardio Abs from Thursday's play list:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/free-home...workout-class/

I also did MR 1804.

Dana - that is a shame about your streaming situation!

Cheri - i'm glad your mom thinks that is a fairly safe thing to do - although I do freak out about going in to the office on Friday - it is pretty thinly populated there so it is probably ok.

Brenda - hang in there!

Christine - I hope you feel better soon and your DH as well.

Waves Carol and Linda!!

Hoping for a productive day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 10:31 AM  
donnamp

OK - I am NOT going in the office tomorrow - a person on the 3rd floor of my building has been referred for testing, 4 other people are self-quarantining but have not been sent for testing yet.

I work on the 6th floor - I imagine the third floor employee uses the same elevator and stairs as me. Not*worth*the*risk

Donna
Old 03-26-20, 11:09 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna you are right to stay home! It isn't worth the risk!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 12:25 PM  
cherimac

PN Pilates for Arms and Shoulders
Buff Bites Hips
Name Workout

I am doing Buff Bite 5 minutes a day so I make myself move first thing. The name workout is just a burst in the afternoon: a different exercise for each letter of my name.

Donna-definitely not worth it.

Brenda-hope you feel better soon.

Christine-how is hubby?

I will be in one part of the store, pretty much alone all day. So yeah, low risk.
Old 03-26-20, 04:26 PM  
donnamp

Cheri - I like that idea. It is a challenge to stay active during this time. DD and I are going to go for our walk now. So that is good.

I told my boss I wasn't coming in and she was fine with it. I don't how you could not be during this time.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna