Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-20, 08:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were:

Bar Method - Explore Your Flexibility - 25 minutes;
GHUTV - Power Walking: Core Connection - 30 minutes (with DS)
Dog Walk - 35 minutes (with DS)

The Bar Method video was led by Burr - it was basically an express workout - one short set of upper body, thigh, glutes, hamstrings and abs, with lots of stretching thrown in.

We noticed a couple of groups of teenagers out when we were walking - definitely over the "keep your groups under 10" rule. Not terribly surprised.

Brenda - so sorry you hurt yourself. This is not the time to do that! Maybe you should stay off of it as much as possible for a while?

Donna - I know - it's tough on kids. Some will be missing rare opportunities and experiences. But, if my parents' generation can survive WWII and their parents' generation can survive the Great Depression, then our kids can survive this. Maybe it will build character.

Christine - Hope your hubby is feeling better.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 07:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Leslie - Walk 15 2 Mile Walk
Margaret Richard - 1802 - this one had a David Bowie play list!

Hoping to get some yoga or stretching in later.

The closing for my mom's condo is this morning - woo hoo -

Carol - yes, perhaps character building is what is needed in this generation (as well as my generation, honestly!). My DD is handing it well enough - she is bored but distance learning is starting next week, supposedly. Her AP Psychology teacher has sent assignments for them to do already. She was spending a lot of time on social media/the internet last week and this week I have put my foot down - b/c whenever she spends time doing that stuff her mood/attitude, etc. go straight down hill. She has been in a better moods since i curtailed it - which is not an easy thing to do w/ a 16 year old - and not easy to monitor when both DH and I are having to work from home and can't be checking up on her or spending a whole lot of time with her. Yesterday we were told her barn would close to all except those who own horses there - we lease - so we can't go there until they re-open for business. As they say, this too shall pass...

Brenda - i hope you feel better soon.....hang in there!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 11:25 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

ePilates: Strong Beginner (19 minutes)

I'm feeling a little run down today myself so I took it easy. I really liked that beginner class, it was just the right amount of work with lots of stretching.

Donna, good luck at the closing! I'm glad it's still happening for you.

Carol, thanks! He's still feeling pretty lousy with fever. Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.

Brenda, that sounds painful! I hope you feel better soon!

Cheri,

Linda and Dana, hope you are both doing well!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 11:45 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's Radio Remixes DVD - 3 miles/40min
ePilates Yoga Hip Opening Sequence - 25min

Christine, good news that your DH "only" has regular flu, although that can make you feel awful too. I don't know that I've ever had a flu (DH had it) but I've had strep throat and that was really terrible.

Donna, I hope the closing went smoothly.

Brenda, feel better soon!

Hi Linda, Carol and Cheri!
Old 03-23-20, 01:43 PM  
cherimac

PN Pilates for Heart and Hands I love this because of the cardio and strength in one.

I think this will build character too. Plus, a kindness I've not seen is coming out in people. My supervisor is going to throw my daughter a surprise graduation party because her graduation will likely be canceled. And, as my daughter says, we don't feel the need to be hustling all the time.

But, I pray that the virus is contained very quickly.
Old 03-24-20, 07:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Bar Method - Beginner Burn - 45 minutes

This is probably my favorite beginner level class - it has good music and not too many reps, although there are plenty.

I worked up at the school yesterday - lots of Zoom meetings, etc., getting ready to basically shut the building down for who knows how long. We're trying to figure out if we can afford to continue to pay our hourly employees (thankfully we don't have many), the logistics of phone and mail coverage, etc. Hoping that the economic effects of this mess don't linger into next fall, although it's hard to see how they would not.

Cheri - That is one of the few practices of Smriti's that I just didn't care for. Too much time spent on my arthritic hands, etc. That is so neat about your supervisor throwing a party for DD.

Dana - Good workouts, and glad you are staying well.

Christine - I hope you both are feeling better soon! I remember having the full-blown flu once in high school and I was sick as a dog.

Donna - Hoping that your closing went smoothly on your mom's condo! So sorry that the barn is closing - that would have been a good way to spend some time for DD.

Brenda - Hope you are on the mend!

Carol
Old 03-24-20, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The closing went as planned - so yay, for that. Our Governor has shut down all "non-essential" businesses, but the list of what can remain open is still pretty long! So we shall see.

Yesterday evening I did a practice from DoYou (formerly Do You Yoga!) they are doing a free 7 day challenge to help cope with the virus and isolation and fear and anxiety. It was ok - nothing special. I may continue on to do day # 2 to day!

This morning's workouts were:

CS 1204
Margaret Richard 1804

Really feeling Margaret - today was mainly floorwork for lower body - this is where she really shines.

I think the weather is going to improve today so hopefully DD and I can take our walk later. That helps.

I also ordered my DD a keyboard (piano). Years ago we had one, but donated it b/c she never used it - but she has recently expressed an interest in starting up again so I used some points and ordered one from Amazon. I hope this provides a good constructive outlet for her during this time!! Her mood and attitude definitely go downhill the longer she spends on the internet/social media.

Christine - feel better!

Cheri - this is very sweet of your supervisor. I agree that some people have really stepped up and shown kindness to others - and, unfortunately, some are just stupid and inconsiderate....but what can you do but focus on the good!

Waves, Carol, Dana, Brenda, Linda......

Donna
Old 03-24-20, 11:15 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Pilates Live

Theresa is doing Live workouts in a Facebook group. The one I did today was about an hour, so I only did the first 25 minutes. I liked it, but I got really hot and a little shaky towards the end. I'm not sure if it was low blood sugar or what. DH is still feeling the same with his fever!

Donna, that's a great idea for DD! It will definitely give her something positive to focus on. I hope you can get out for your walk. Glad the closing went well!

Cheri, that's so nice of your supervisor!!

Carol, DH definitely feels sick as a dog. Were there other people at the school when you were there? My sister has to go into her office once a week (which is also a school), but only her and 2 others at a time.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 08:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I worked late at School yesterday - I paid bills, etc., while a small group of staff passed out student materials in our carpool lanes. They tried to make it special for our kids. Seems like most folks have a good attitude right now. We only had one family who complained to us when we announced on the 13th that we were closing for an additional 2 weeks and that was because they couldn't figure out their childcare situation. Of course, now that the Governor has closed our schools for the identical period of time that we closed for, it's hard for them to get mad at us. I don't know when we will go back - the order says we can go back on April 6th, but I'm thinking that that won't be long enough.

Because I worked late and attended a Board of Trustees meeting via Zoom, I only did

Dog Walk - 35 minutes

Christine - For the next week and a half, we will have a very small presence in the building as we are taking turns answering phones and such. So sorry the flu is lingering so long for DS.

Donna - Good workouts! And such a good idea for your DD. There are so many things on the Internet now to help you learn to play.

Carol
Old 03-25-20, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Work has been really stressful - this is hitting us during our busy season and there is just so much going on and so many things are changing daily. It has been tough and, also, b/c we are not very up to date in our processes, and still rely way too much on paper, everything is taking longer to do than it should - plus the e-mails, calls and meetings have exploded exponentially. We are now getting phone calls, Skype calls, Team calls, Skype IMs, Team IMs, e-mail. It is a never ending suck on productivity.

Anyway - rant over! LOL!

Today I did a few from Lucy Wyndham Read for a change of pace. She posted a weekly "quarantine" schedule on You Tube -

https://www.lwrfitness.com/free-home...workout-class/

I did the 15 min walk and 7 min HIIT that was scheduled for Wednesday today. I enjoyed the change of pace and I'm surprised at how sweaty I get from the 7 min workouts. I tend to do mostly the low impact versions. While these don't have great production values, I do enjoy them and these days I just want un-fussy and un-complicated workouts.

I also did Pilates for Stress Relief w/ Ky/Blessful Body. It was part of the renewal challenge last week.

Yesterday DD and I took a walk and then I did some stretching.

I'm glad my DD is interested in taking up piano again. I hope she uses the keyboard. The one I ordered was not as nice as the one we donated, but I did tell her if she sticks with it, I'll upgrade her for Xmas. I have always wanted to learn to play so I will happily keep one of them for my 'retirement'!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna