Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-20, 03:35 PM  
donnamp

Praying, Christine - I hope your DH feels better. A very worrisome time to be sick - even if it isn't COVID-19.

I felt like i was in a sci fi movie today at CVS...just a weird vibe. I had to pick up my DH's prescription as well as my doggie's prescription.

It is a weird time out there!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 05:28 AM  
furmomof6

Our doctor text at midnight last night to say the test was negative, thank God!!! We are so relieved and thankful. Thank you so much for the prayers!! His fever had gotten worse yesterday, so I was really concerned. I guess it's the flu.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 05:40 AM  
donnamp

Christine - although it seems crazy to say this - I'm glad your DH has the flu! ((HUGS)))

Donna
Old 03-22-20, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The sale/special I was waiting for came up - 1 Month free to Body Electric (Margaret Richard). She has many of her TV shows up now w/ original music. So, I subscribed - it is a pricey subscription regularly at $25/month but I jumped on the free month to do some of these workouts - I guess one upside to this virus is the generosity of the on-line fitness providers in offering free and discounted memberships/trial periods.

So...today was one of my favorite combos:

Charlene Prickett - Low Impact from Season 18
Margaret Richard - I picked a 2004 season (some of the others are really dated!!)
CS 1203

It was a long workout and i doubt I will have time for doing all of that every day, still working from home - so I have to keep to some type of schedule.

I may alternate days of cardio w/ days of MR strength and add on Pilates, Yoga/CS as I can.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-22-20, 08:16 AM  
furmomof6

Donna, thank you!! I know, I was telling DH who would ever think we'd be happy to have the flu!? Thanks for mentioning that Margaret Richard's special. I may check it out since I hear she has good old school floor work. I like that!

Today will be my rest day, but I may go for a walk and do some stretching.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Christine - What a relief! It seems oh so weird to say I'm glad your hubby has the flu. Y'all stay safe!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:28 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Bar Method - Focus on Breath - 45 minutes

I was bored and wanted something different. I got a deal on a Bar Method subscription a while back and haven't used it much; maybe I'll get some good out of it now. I do love the way they spend a good deal of time on stretching in each workout. I thought about doing a Jessica Smith workout, but that would probably be too much on days when DS and I are doing his walking workouts, plus walking the dogs and pilates. We'll see how long before I'm bored again.

Donna - I remember hearing that Margaret used good music with her TV shows. Enjoy!

Take care y'all!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Christine - yes! The workout I did today was all floorwork.

Carol - I know, the Unplugged workouts never appealed to me as much b/c of the lack of music - yes, I could play my own, but that is then another thing to think about and set up.

I think my plan for the moment is to alternate cardio with body electric and just add on either yoga, Pilates or CS as I see fit and depending on what time I have available. Assuming I'm still going in the office on Fridays, that may be my rest day or just a day when I do stretching.....we shall see.

I feel bad for my DD. She was scheduled to take her drivers test on April 13th and now all of MVA is shut down until further notice. Also, the school play she has been working on will postponed indefinitely. It was a big deal - there 25th year and 50th production. I feel bad for the seniors, especially, as they may not get the chance to act in this production depending on when this all ends. Some are saying it may not end until the summer!!! I guess time will tell and we are all in the same boat.

DD and i may take a walk today and she is still able to go up and ride her horse.

Take care!

Donna
Old 03-22-20, 02:39 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Our doctor text at midnight last night to say the test was negative, thank God!!! We are so relieved and thankful. Thank you so much for the prayers!! His fever had gotten worse yesterday, so I was really concerned. I guess it's the flu.
Old 03-22-20, 04:43 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Christine, yay for the flu! (That feels so wrong to post...)

So, I hurt myself again. [insert rolling eyes here] I was jumping up and down and felt something POP inside my left calf muscle. Now I can't push on things with the balls of my feet. It's not my achilles, thankfully. It is improving quickly and not as painful as it was, but I can't go on walks right now. I can lunge if I'm super careful and squatting is fine so I'll keep moving... sorta.

Our state (Washington) isn't technically doing "shelter in place" but close. I expect it's coming soon. We are one of the hot spots for this nasty virus and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote