Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-18, 07:50 AM  
LoveVA

Need Advice on Planning Health Fair

I am helping a local community center put together their annual wellness expo that will occur in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the person we had targeted for handling the fitness/exercise part of the health fair can't participate this year.

I was thinking this morning that I could put together some information/print out some articles that people can take away with them that gives them some helpful hints about how they can exercise at home, inexpensively and easily.

This is a very low-income neighborhood, so the ideas that I put together have to take into account the fact that gym memberships and lots of expensive equipment are not realistic for any of the people who will attend the health fair. Working out at home would be the perfect solution. So my questions are:

1) Does anyone know of an organization that donates DVDs or sells them at a severe discount? I was ideally hoping that I could have some DVDs to give away to people or at least point them in the right direction to getting affordable DVDs. I know I can point them to Goodwill or other thrift stores, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could get donated DVDs to hand out. I'm looking for ones that are beg-int, don't require much (if any) equipment, don't take up a lot of space (think Leslie, Ellen, Jessica Smith)

2) Does anyone have a good beg-int paper workout that I can hand out to people? You know, typical workout with squats, lunges, maybe jogging in place or jump roping for which people could use canned goods, water bottles in place of weights?

3) Any other free online sources of workouts other than Youtube that I tell people to use?

Thanks!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free dvds, health fair, paper workouts, wellness programs