Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-11, 05:56 AM  
Lmg

Xtend barre

Xtend barre is now available for sale on their website.
Lmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 06:40 AM  
kitty12

Here is the link:
http://www.xtendbarreworkout.com/productview/index/44

I wish there was a video.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 07:17 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
Here is the link:
http://www.xtendbarreworkout.com/productview/index/44

I wish there was a video.
Ditto that! I'd like to see a clip before I buy.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 07:21 AM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting this.
I just went to youtube and there are some clips there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Uz_5AmASc

I will wait for reviews on this one.
bfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 11:12 PM  
junadelam

I think the youtube clip isn't a very accurate representation of the video. The production values are ultra slick and the workout is fast paced--almost a little too fast IMO for beginners like me, but probably fine for someone who's in really good shape.

I don't know much about barre-type fusion workouts--have never done P57, etc.--but the DVD reminds me of a zippier and trendier version of The Bar Method's *Change Your Body.* Some of the arm work looks familiar to me from clips I've seen of Tracy Anderson's videos.

My general sense is that this is tough--tougher than what I remember of *Change Your Body* and the Exhale series when I tried them. I found the ab and arm work really challenging.

I have a sense that folks who are advanced and want a fifty minute challenge that whizzes by might like this video a lot. Beginners like me need more patience to work our way through the modifications. If you have wonky knees, a lot of the standing barre work might not be doable--tons of elevated plies. The music is that maddening techno version of elevator tunes.
junadelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 11:27 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Junadelam, thanks for sharing your opinion. I appreciate your view and agree with you. Juberann is another VFer who knows her limitations when it comes to this genre.

I'm really a barre beginner who has bitten off more than I can chew. I have purchased too many advanced workouts and they are daunting. I will hold off on buying this DVD and work with the easier ones I have, progressing at my own rate.

Thanks again!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 01:54 AM  
juberann

VERY wise advice from my maingirl, LuckyStar I jumped in feetfirst into Barre workouts after getting hooked doing Barre3! Now, Barre3 is probably the easiest Barre workout ever put out and is nothing compared to some of the others I have recently bought BootyBarre is insane, love Tracey Mallett but may end up not liking her if I do that workout again
Yes, I have ordered XTend Barre and,like LuckyStar, know in my heart of hearts I have bit off more then I can chew with my recent Barre purchases. They have left me frustrated and defeated, not to mention ready to just stop exercising altogether that won't happen, my point is, it's not always the wisest thing to buy workouts that are clearly above and beyond your CURRENT fitness level. As I mentioned in another thread, I must be able to complete a workout, modifications are fine but I must be able to have the satisfaction of finishing the workout or I just feel so defeated. Some of these Barre workouts, I can barely make it through the first 20 minutes and then I am dreading the rest of the workout.
I love Barre, I truly do and I love the results these workouts provide, just wish they weren't so freakin HARD
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 02:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Haha, yes they ARE!!
By the way, Judy I just love Barre3, LOVE it! Thanks for recommending it.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 02:47 AM  
juberann

You are very welcome, Lucky It's still my favorite, I think because I can actually do it all without being in pain for days afterwards, it's just a feel good workout
I am hoping Sadie comes out with another, though, getting kinda burned out on the first one
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 02:55 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by junadelam View Post
I think the youtube clip isn't a very accurate representation of the video. The production values are ultra slick and the workout is fast paced--almost a little too fast IMO for beginners like me, but probably fine for someone who's in really good shape.
I agree. From the few seconds clip Andrea had on her Facebook page (she promised she'd do it as a youtube video soon), I thought the same thing when I saw this clip now! The DVD seems so fast paced, reminded me a lot of Booty Barre, which I like but in general I prefer the not so fast barre workouts...

I'm still on the fence with this and am waiting to see more clips of the real deal.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xtend, xtend barre