Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-03-10, 11:57 PM  
junadelam

Sherry,

Thanks for the heads up.

The clip looks good and is long enough to seem representative of what's ahead. I just ordered it.

Looks like Myers' studio is just a block away from a close relative's old apartment. What a coincidence.

ETA: Joni, I just read your post. Too bad I missed the discount part. I see now that the same company makes the Yoga Therapy Prescriptions series. I've been curious about those practices, too.
junadelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 02:25 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

argh!
I don't need more yoga videos
I don't need more yoga videos
I don't....
awww nut bunnies

but I'll wait for a review this time
Old 02-04-10, 11:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Joni and Juna, looking forward to your thoughts on this!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 01:54 PM  
KathAL79

I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on this one, too. Restorative and gentle yoga DVDs are an important part of my collection, but I've acquired a good many and am kind of picky about adding new ones. I'll be very tempted if this offers something different, and from the clip it seems like it might...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 10:34 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Wow - I ordered it on 2/3 and got it on 2/6! I'm going to preview both of them now.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Have you had a chance to try your new purchases yet Joni? I'm wondering if the restorative was hit or miss for you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 02:17 PM  
junadelam

Pat, I tried the longer practice last night. I liked it. A few of the poses felt a little awkward to me, so I made substitutions. There are longish meditation practices at the beginning and the end, which I like. You start off in savasana. Then there's quite a bit of focus on gentle hip-openers.

The DVD has a homemade quality to it. There's a modifier in the back, but sometimes he's mentioned, but not filmed until very late in the pose. A little distracting the first time around, but no biggie.

I have to admit that I'll probably still get more use out of the infinitely versatile Barbara Benagh's DVDs and Yee's Y4YW.

I might try the shorter practice tonight. That one's filmed outdoors, so I'm especially hopeful.
junadelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 05:19 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Well........I returned it yesterday. I just wasn't what I was looking for. They cut back and forth a lot between wider shots and close-ups, but not precisely. Say a pose has 4 steps. Maybe you see 3 of them wider, then they switch to a close-up but, instead of going to the 4th step (since you've already done 3), they show the whole thing over again or start with the second or third step. It's very confusing.

I also ordered a yoga video with a stability ball, but found it to merely be a bunch of plain old exercises using a ball, versus anything I would consider yoga.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 10:58 AM  
KathAL79

Hmm, sounds like I'm not missing all that much. I think the money I've been saving up for Jill Miller's Post Athletic Stretch (which is supposed to be out any day now...) is safe.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 11:07 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Any day now? Kath, have you heard something, or just hoping?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
restorative yoga, syler myers