Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-20, 10:11 AM  
sherry7899

this is not the way you want to get in extra steps while inside!

I put up a load of laundry this morning, and two minutes later I heard a sound that resembled fireworks going off! Luckily there was no fire and no flooding. I turned the machine off without any incident.

I called the very dependable repair person we are so fortunate to have, and he said since the washer is over twelve years old, it really is not worth repairing it. If he came out here to look at it, he'd have to charge, and he said that was pointless. He gave me brand/model numbers of what to look at, so we are heading to Lowe's later (sigh). The model we likely want is on sale and in stock and possibly can be delivered Friday or Saturday.

I got in the extra steps bailing the water out of the machine and dumping it down our bathroom sink. I am very glad it was a small load that had barely started filling the machine. I am also glad our laundry room is on the main level of our home near a half bath, and not in our basement.

Great start to the day...

Sigh...

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 10:21 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Sherry, I have had to do that bailing exercise, too. Fortunately I have a bathroom with tub right off my laundry room, so no real extra steps for me that way. I think it is perhaps criminal that household appliances aren't expected to last long anymore! We have a very expensive range (that we didn't choose and don't really like it) that is only 14 years old, and I had the same fireworks problem with the oven. When my husband researched fixing it, he learned that not only do they not have parts after 14 years, it was actually three years after they stopped selling it that they quit having parts for it. Ug, on my soapbox, sorry. I'll stop now.

Good luck with the trip to Lowe's and all!!
Old 03-25-20, 10:49 AM  
Sissy B

I have a 16 year old refrigerator in my garage that could be fixed, if they could find the parts for it. The repairman came out last week. It needs a new damper and controller in the refrigerator side and it also has a defrost problem in the freezer section. The damper and defrost parts are no issue, but the controller has been discounted and so far they have not been able to find one. Luckily, this is just an inconvenience for us right now and we're not going to replace it at this time. I moved the food from the freezer side into our upright freezer and we used the refrigerator side mainly to keep drinks and snacks.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 10:57 AM  
wendug

Sherry- so sorry to hear about your washing machine woes! At least you know what you want to purchase and it is in stock locally! It really is frustrating that appliances don't last like they used to. Good luck on your shopping expedition and a speedy delivery of a new washing machine!
Old 03-25-20, 02:43 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you also got some resistance training having to carry the water to the basin!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 02:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Awww, Sherry, sorry to hear about your washer. Like you need any MORE stress!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 03:16 PM  
anetta

Bummer. These new washers are not the same as your old one.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote