Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-02-20, 03:37 AM  
bex

Jumping back into the check-in, hope this works!

❄ ❄ January 2020 ❄ ❄

1 - Ski. We were hit with a blizzard that started yesterday, but we bravely headed out into the snow. Only got in a few runs before we hit almost whiteout conditions, which just aren't fun. So we headed back and hit the onsen.
2 - Ski. The blizzard made for much better conditions, so I skiied fast and hard on the piste. Then went back to our chalet and immediately fell hard into a nap.
3 - Ski. Another good day of going hard, but was tired earlier so I stopped before I hurt myself. Once again I came back and had an afternoon nap. Since I'm coming back from a lower level of fitness, I guess I need the extra rest for recovery.
4 - Ski Max. Our last day, and we finally got great conditions and managed to get an early start to take advantage of them. I was on my skis for around 5 hours total, and my legs are toast.
5 - Rest. Travel day, which despite the short flight, always ends up taking the whole darn day.
6 - Bike Ride (70 mins total). Shanghai is having a really warm winter, so came back from the snow to sunny and in the high 60's. What is there to do but grab my helmet and pedal to and from work?
7 - Rest. Long day catching up with work, didn't manage to motivate myself onto the mat.
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 04:41 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Late to this check-in, but hi all. 2019 was a terrible year for me in terms of fitness goals, so I'm trying again this year. Recording my workouts is good for my accountability! I'll color-code cardio, strength, circuits/PHA/aerobic weight training, abs/core, Pilates/yoga/stretch, rest/off days.

January goal: 25 workouts

1 - Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch Yin Yoga
2 - Pilates session
3 - Yoga Booty Ballet Pajama Time. The wayback machine! Needed a bedtime practice after a stressful day at medical appointments, and a travel day tomorrow. A little woowoo but I'm relaxed.
4 - no workout, miserably long day of travel delays
5 - no workout, exhausted
6 - no workout
7 - Ultimate Yogi Gentle Yoga
8 - no workout, procrastinated all day
9 - Pilates session
10 - LITE Pyramid Pump upper body, abs workout from Slow & Heavy
11 - no workout, exhausting day with memorial service and travel
12 - no workout, procrastinated all day
13 - Ultimate Yogi Yin Yoga - perfect antidote after a boring day of jury duty
14 - LITE Pyramid Pump lower body with 6-Pack Abs #1
15 - Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch Yin, neck and shoulders only - my lower back is very bad today, close to spasms, so I don't even want to risk ab work
16 - 2.5 miles moderate-pace outdoor walking - back getting better, walking helped
17 - Pilates session - like PT for my back. My teacher is great!
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
Old 01-03-20, 03:39 PM  
AnMrsDe

Welcome back to quite a few MIA's this month! Woo Hoo!!
So good to see you all and of course, all of us returning for another fabulous and BETTER year!!

Hey Cathe fans....look what Cathe did yesterday in her Live class:

PHA 2020 Live Version!!!

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/cath...orkout.313813/

Wow! Looks great - now I'm wondering how it compares to the DVD version?? Even the muisic sounds better (for a Live)! Anyone subscribe to Live right now? Clerkin???? You need to do this pronto!! (You did the DVD version, right, and can compare?). I WILL be buying this Live version just because...it's a PHA LIVE!!!!! You in, Jane??

TGIF (even though it doesn't seem like a Friday!)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 05:49 PM  
clerkin11

AnMrsDe, I didn't even see this post before I did it, but I knew I had to do PHA 2020 ASAP and I LOVED it!!!
I immediately added it to my favorites.

When you ask if I've done the dvd version, which one? I haven't actually done the latest PHA with the step yet. I just saw the one on Live and had to do it.

If I loved it, you and Jane may find it too easy. But I hope you enjoy it too.

TGIF I could get used to these weeks where i only have to work 3 1/2 days a week
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 06:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey everyone,

I have never joined this group but I think jotting my workouts all in one place will be easier to track so I can reward myself for working out. Hope that's ok! Waving to each of you!
January 1 Method Pilates all in one workout
January 2 CC#4; Pilates on the ball total body
January 3 10 MS solution Quick sculpt and pil on the ball
January 4 Xtrain Bis and tris, stretch segment from 10 MS Fitness on the ball
January 5 LIS low impact challenge warmup and Cardioblast chapter plus Crunch fat burning dance party
January 6 rest day :-)
January 7 rest day :-)
January 8 Figure 30 hips; 100 hip thrust
January 9 Strong body stacked sets upper; 10 MS Tighten and Tone Pilates arms and stretch chapters
January 10 Winsor pilates ab sculpt; LITE Strong stacked sets lower; JS gentle yoga total flow
January 11 Tabatacise w/u+T#3+step blast premix; Tamilee TOT Cardio step + stretch
January 12 rest
January 13 rest
January 14 JS Yoga stretch for beginners and beyond PM flow
January 15 JS Yoga stretch for beginners and beyond AM flow
January 16 outdoor walk
January 17 Jennifer Galardi Flowetry
January 18 10 MS Tighten and Tone Pilates core, total body, stretch segments
January 19 Elliptical 20 min + 30 min medicine ball YouTube circuit workout
January 20 JS Total stretch Dynamic stretch and Liz Gillies Zone Pilates mat and ball Body sculpt
January 21Jari Love RTC
January 22 rest
January 23 Gin Miller Simply step 30min, Tracie Long Weightless Get your fit, JS Total stretch
January 24 Xtrain Burn sets upper premix, CS 1008 triceps and arms
January 25 cathe Butts and guts Overall leg premix
January 26 CS 8004 Firm and strengthen your butt
January 27 CS 1006 Anti aging; Cathe push pull upper premix 3x
January 28 Cathe Low Max intervals 1-3 and 10 MS tone trouble zones stretch chapter
January 29 rest :-)
January 30 Cathe Supersets premix #1
January 31 cathe stability ball stretch #1

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 10:56 PM  
lizh

January!!
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 11:59 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
AnMrsDe, I didn't even see this post before I did it, but I knew I had to do PHA 2020 ASAP and I LOVED it!!!
I immediately added it to my favorites.

When you ask if I've done the dvd version, which one? I haven't actually done the latest PHA with the step yet. I just saw the one on Live and had to do it.

If I loved it, you and Jane may find it too easy. But I hope you enjoy it too.

TGIF I could get used to these weeks where i only have to work 3 1/2 days a week
Hahahaha! So glad to hear PHA 2020 Live is a goodie!!!! Yes, I meant if you did the Step Boss PHA yet and could compare. No worries, I already know I WILL be purchasing the Live version! I can't wait to try it and the SB PHA!

fanofladyvols- Welcome to our check-in!! I love seeing all my workouts listed for each month and how consistent I am! It really is motivating! BTW, I love reading your posts...you are always so positive! Good Luck to you this month - you're off to a great start!!

Hi lizh!

ms. lightyear, Ouchie on the pinkie toe!! Wishing you quick healing! (I knew something must've been up last month that you didn't fill in your month.)

Happy Weekend! A "dusting" of snow (which will be melted by tomorrow) was added to my 'clean' yard...so glad I got the leaves up before!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 06:22 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Clerkin and AnMrsDe I did watch the YouTube clip for PHA 2020 and it looks great. The next time Cathe has a sale on her downloads I’m going to get all the PHAs and TBGS. I’ve been thinking about adding in a total body weight workout once a week and I really love ALL the lives. Kind of feel like they’ve set the bar too high for the dvds now and I end up feeling a little disappointed, not with the intensity, but with the fun factor. I’m sure part of it is the anticipation. And Clerkin, I don’t find any of the PHAs too easy!!! I know if you liked it I will!

So happy that we have three pages of workouts!!! The more the merrier!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 09:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Thanks for the sweet welcome, AnMrsDe.
Your rotation faithfulness is inspiring!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 09:28 PM  
bex

Let me add my welcome, fanofladyvols. I love seeing new people join and all the workouts they put together.

And yes, AnMrsDe is an inspiration to us all.

Hello to all my old comrades, it's great to be back amoung you. Wish me luck in keeping up the habit...
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts