Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-05-19, 10:52 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
OCTOBER

In honor of Halloween I’m going to do one “scary” workout each week. Just something that I find intimidating.

3. Tonique Royale (Carb Royale remix-66 min) ...For example Sylwia does a one legged pushup burpee into a kick. I did as many as I could then did a knee up instead of the kick...

Jane
A one-legged pushup burpee into a kick?! I am beyond impressed with you, Jane!!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 02:33 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Dorothy It’s fine on the way down but coming back up... Trust me I did them much slower than Sylwia. And it wasn’t pretty!! Now you know why I think that workout is scary.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 08:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jane, way to go! I haven't try any of my Tonique's yet.

CharM, where are you? I hope you are doing OK.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 09:16 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post

CharM, where are you? I hope you are doing OK.

I was wondering where CharM was too....hope she's ok. I want to know what her rotation is this month, LOL!

Jane, you are Wonder Woman! Fall must agree with you, LOL! I did Yoga30for30 Balance followed by UY Balance this morning. These are so hard for me, so this was definitely my "scary challenge"! Thanks for the motivation!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather and Clerkin is enjoying her vacay!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 11:05 AM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I think the slim series/UY combo sounds great. I wish someone would remake slim series, same exercises just without that one guy. Ugh, I can’t stand looking at him! I think UY balance is a great scary workout. It’s a mental anyway, I’m just doing these workouts at my own pace and making them my own. It’s not that I expect them all to leave me dead on the floor, I just want to get over that mental hurdle about what I think is doable. Also it gives me a reason to take easier days too, as a treat

Clerkin I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Cher Did you get Cathe’s Advanced Step Choreography download? You would like that one. It’s not killer intensity-wise and it has fun choreography that you would pick up right away.

CharM I wondering what kind of crazy system you have going this month!

Dorothy I love the idea of wearing a lighter weighted vest to up the intensity of a low impact workouts!

Sugar You’ll have to break open the Toniques after your 4x4 rotation. I think you’ll like them. I can’t do them everyday but they’re an awesome challenge to sprinkle in. I’ve almost bought 4x4 about ten times. Then I think how bad I am with rotations and I pass.

TB2 You’re almost done with Xtrain!! You’re killing it! What are you thinking about next?

Jane
Old 10-08-19, 03:25 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jane, yes I need to give them a try sooner rather than later. I am really loving K4x4, the workouts are fun and challenging so far. I am not following the written rotation, there is no way I would do the same workout 4 times a week and then four months is too long for me. I am doing my own rotation. But I don't think you need to do a rotation with these if you don't want, you get 8 total body workouts which is pretty good imo.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 06:20 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post

Cher Did you get Cathe’s Advanced Step Choreography download? You would like that one. It’s not killer intensity-wise and it has fun choreography that you would pick up right away.
No, I didn’t end up buying that one. It was one on my list but I ended up not getting that one. I was debating and just didn’t know since I have only done a couple when I had Live. Of the step workouts I bought Timesaver Step Grooves, Get Stepping (the newer one), Ready, Set, Step and Step, Sweat and Lift. Thanks for the recommendation. I plan on buying more of the Live step workouts eventually so I will make this the first one I get next. I’m hoping she will run a sale again soon.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 07:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I keep forgetting to do a scary workout!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 01:35 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I keep forgetting to do a scary workout!
Pat You still have plenty of time

AnMrsDe I hope you’re feeling better!

Jane
Old 10-13-19, 10:49 AM  
T2B

Jane - You are a beast!!!, breakdance burpees??? I’m sweating just thinking about it. Do your thing, sister...

AnMrsDe - glad you’re feeling better. Wow, the weather took a turn to the other extreme this weekend.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts, pretzel