Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-19, 04:36 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

She's turning 28!!!!

My wee girlie who was TWO YEARS OLD when I bought my first fitness video (Buns of Steel 6 step workout with Lynne Brick, which I did on a little wooden step my husband made me) is turning 28 in a couple of months.

OH. MY. GOSH.

I still have vivid memories of her little wispy blonde hair and a pink jumpsuit she wore when she first tried imitating what I was doing. I got out a big book for her "step" on but she couldn't step up and down yet so she just stomped on it repeatedly.

Ladies and gents, it has been a JOURNEY. Do you remember any ancient milestones like that? I'd love to hear your memories.

(my start in exercise was actually doing Gilad's Bodies in Motion in married student housing as a newlywed in 1985. . . But BOS6 was the first VHS tape workout I ever bought.)
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 04:41 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

SusanP's post on VF in in 26 more years, the year is 2045:

"I remember back when I was just a whippersnapper of 55, one day in my basement workout room I did Gin Millers Simply Step Classic Moves. . . does anyone remember that one?

OH. MY. GOSH. Oh, those were the days, I tell you. That was back when I could still do step. I still remember the red workout top I was wearing, it was one of my favorites.

Of course, now all I can do is cling to my walker and stomp on the step."

Last edited by susan p; 09-03-19 at 04:41 PM. Reason: edited to close quotes.
Old 09-03-19, 04:45 PM  
bubbles76

Susan I love your posts! My little one is only 9, but I remember bouncing around with him to Body Groove. He's the reason I have so many Misty Tripoli dvds. I remember when he used to love to do yoga with him (complaining all the way, walking up to the tv and slapping Eoin Finn) when he was around 5 or 6. Good times!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 05:29 PM  
owltx

Great post Susan - and so true! I have a lot of nostalgia for my earlier workout years - it was an early Cathe - BAsic Step + Cardio and Weights, and it came free with the step I had just purchased to workout at home. I was instantly hooked! Just that set (the grecian pillers) brings back a flood of good memories.

Bubbles, my DS is 9 also! And he used to love and watch for Peanut (Jessica Smith's dog)! I also remember putting him in the pack and play for a nap and quickly popping in Cathe's STS HIIT to get in a quick 30 minute workout (he wasn't much of a napper). Those 30 minute workout really saved my stress levels in those baby days!

Now he is all about the BOSU; I can even get him in some of the short coordination workouts. But sometimes he just likes to bounce. Future rebounder fan maybe?
Old 09-03-19, 07:21 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

BABY BUBBLE IS NOT NINE!!!!!

Get back!! That is not possible!

(I guess he is Boy Bubble now??. . . )

Owl, those Grecian pillars do it for me too. Just putting one of that era of workouts in brings in floods of good feelings.
Old 09-03-19, 07:24 PM  
Erica H.

I remember Friday night chat talking about how I wasn't feeling well and Joan (I can't remember her screen name) joked that I was pregnant with an oof ball. Well, that little oof ball just turned 17 and has already been accepted to her first choice college.

Susan, I remember all your stories about your three little girls, and Kristin and Daphne talking about their little kids, too. And now they are all grown up (along with my older kids). It's baffling how time flies by.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 07:35 PM  
bubbles76

Susan, I KNOW RIGHT! But yes, he is getting so big. Pretty soon, no cuddles and snuggles. Soaking it all in while I can

Stephanie, Tiny Bubble likes my rebounder too. Almost too much. There are hand prints on my workout room ceiling.

Ah, the Grecian towers! Cathe's Basic Step was one of my first step workouts too. I also bought the home step that came with the Cathe workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:05 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
My wee girlie who was TWO YEARS OLD when I bought my first fitness video (Buns of Steel 6 step workout with Lynne Brick, which I did on a little wooden step my husband made me) is turning 28 in a couple of months.

OH. MY. GOSH.
Aw, my baby girl turned 28 this summer too... which means I became the mother of a 28 year old How it happened I'll never know.
Staying on topic, she always swore she'd *never, ever* work out at home (SO lame!) and now she streams Beachbody on Demand so there ya go!

Happy birthday to your and your daughter!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:09 PM  
ncl

We are getting up there, ladies.

it was 32 years ago when i did my first FIRM workut. Yikes. On the other hand, that I have been consistently working out for that long is also impressive!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 06:54 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

I remember doing Jane Fonda's workout on cassette tape in my boombox in my college dorm back in the 80s. There was a basement exercise/dance room you could get the key to at the front desk and I would lock myself in there and do the workout. I did not realize that was the start of me being a vidiot!

I also remember buying the Jane Fonda step and VHS set at KMart when I wanted to get in shape for my wedding in the early 90s. I remember the checkout lady looking at it skeptically and saying "good luck" to me. LOL

Many ups and downs in my life over the years but exercise at home with my favorite instructors has been the one constant, my escape, the one thing I do for ME. Grateful!
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging