Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-19, 09:42 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Thank you. The weird green is the "new" color (as of 2012). It's in my Mexican blood, I think. You should have seen the garish colors my parents and in-laws used to have in their homes. bwahahhaa Yes, those are all my workouts. Ok, I'm lying. I have 59 dvds on the wall (15 per holder), one bottom spot is holding my pilates ring. The rest are in a small two shelf bookcase that's below the wall-mounted tv, which wasn't in that room at the time, or hiding in the closet.
CharM, I love all the bright colors! Oh, and don't forget about the putrid designed linoleum floors they had back then, too! That's nice you have a closet to "hide" things and love that it is mirrored! I need mirrors in my w/o area to always check my form. That's a given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post

AnMrsDe, what is “Fleabag” about? I’ve been looking for something new to watch.
Cher, Here is the description from the internet:

"A dry-witted woman, known only as Fleabag, has no filter as she navigates life and love in London while trying to cope with tragedy. The angry, grief-riddled woman tries to heal while rejecting anyone who tries to help her, but Fleabag continues to keep up her bravado through it all. Comic actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge stars as the titular character on the series, which is based on Waller-Bridge's 2013 one-woman show of the same name."

As I understand it, Phoebe (who is the main character) is also the writer of the series, so her actions are very feminine-based. She has a very dry sense of humor and it can get pretty raunchy, LOL, so if you don't like raunchy, stay far away! I love how she looks into the camera with those "looks"! It's definitely not a series for everyone....probably not for your DH either. (More of a chick series that needs an open mind, for sure). Maybe T2B would like to add more info since she's the one who recommended it to me....

How did you like the CB-90 workouts? I loved your 5th entry:

Cathe Body Max 2 warm-up, LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body Up - first 2 sets of each exercise, LITE Body Weight & Bands Firwalkers & Puddle Jumpers. That sounds like a great combo!

Jane, hope you had a great vacation. Was it a "stay-cation" or did you travel somewhere? What happened to doing Les Mills? Did you just try the 10 day trial and that was that? I know, I can get into a bit of a funk during the summer and nothing cuts it for what I want to do!! Hope you can find your edge.

Have a great day!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 11:22 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Everyone!!

I had a great day! We went to an exhibit of textile artists at a local museum; the creativity & technique was just amazing! It was mostly quilts, but also some mixed media kind of creations. Very inspiring! Here's a link: https://www.dfac.org/exhibit/jane-sassaman/

We had lunch at a nice place near the water, then sat in our air-conditioned car & watched the waves for a while. (I think I may have been born on the very hottest day of the year--no breeze, no rain, just blazin' hot--my poor mama!)

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 07:30 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi Dorothy, Happy Belated Birthday, It sounds like you had a very lovely day! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the link, very nice!

CharM, love your workout room! And the big mirror! The pink of your equalizer is so cute! Those DVD holders are nice, but what is holding them in place, can't them fall from the sides? Just curious! And what is your favorite bosu DVD, do you use it often?

T2B, there are other stretches I love, but most of them are 20 minutes or more, Slim & Limber is short and sweet just 14 min. total body, and when I am done I feel really good, I always try to add a longer stretch as usually the ones at the end of the workouts are not long enough for me. Are you taking orders for the Amped Bar! I want one!! That was so creative of you! I would need a video turorial please!!

AnMrsDe, I have been using it for quite a long time, and I still enjoy it, I do add others here and there for variety, but I always come back to S&L.

Waves to everyone!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 11:54 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Char, love your workout room! It looks so much nicer than my dingy basement workout area.
Thank you! But I'm sure your basement has more room. I'd love more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
CharM, That's nice you have a closet to "hide" things and love that it is mirrored! I need mirrors in my w/o area to always check my form. That's a given.
I may have mentioned in other posts that I sometimes get distracted looking at myself that I miss when a new move is made. haha This mirrored closet doors are great for the workout room, but I don't like them in the other rooms. We frosted a set in a guest room, looks like this on the left: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/120893571219316722 but have been too lazy to do the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
CharM, love your workout room! And the big mirror! The pink of your equalizer is so cute! Those DVD holders are nice, but what is holding them in place, can't them fall from the sides? Just curious! And what is your favorite bosu DVD, do you use it often?
Thank you, Sugar. Here's a link to what the holders look like: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Atlantic...5674/203458991
I don't have BOSU dvds. I didn't even get the free ones posted recently. So you can guess that I don't use it often. I sometimes grab it for pushups or planks, but that's about it.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 02:19 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

CharM, thanks for the link! Nice holders! // If I was you, I would check some previews and then pick some! you could do more than planks and push ups (which are great) with it! Just saying...

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 08-08-19, 05:48 AM  
T2B

Cher - Ditto AnMrsDe comments re Fleabag. Phoebe, actor/writer/producer, is very talented. She was very involved in the first season of Killing Eve, which is another awesome series (Season 2 was kind of weird, different show runner/writer).

AnMrsDe - Did you watch Russian Doll on Netflix? Another great series that you should check out. Not many episodes so not a lot of time investment.

Dorothy - glad you had a great birthday. Those quilts are beautiful. Have you had any shark sightings in your area?

Char - I missed the Lebert Equalizer bandwagon; looks like you can use those bars to do pull ups, too.

AsSweet - all it would take to create my knockoff Amped Bar is a broken standing fan with a metal pole. Lol. I didn’t know Slim & Limber was such a short routine. I have that on VHS, of all things. I will check it out one day.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 03:27 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

T2B, I haven't heard of any shark sightings lately. They're out there, for sure, but don't usually bother anyone.

We did have a group of 5 pilot whales beach themselves last week. Pilot whales are smaller whales, the size of a big manatee, maybe a little bigger. Three of the whales were healthy enough that the marine scientists just tagged them, hauled them out deeper to where they're supposed to be and they seem to be doing fine (at least they haven't beached themselves again).

The other 2 were taken to the local marine aquarium to rest up for a couple of days, then released. They also seem to be doing well. Usually those stories of marine animals beaching themselves don't turn out that well...

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 05:42 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Happy Belated Birthday Dorothy!!! Sounds like you had a great day! I just want to say that you have really been killing it with your workouts!! Must be all that KCM. You had me laughing with your vest comment, it wouldn’t make me want to gain 4 pounds either.

AnMrsDe Happy belated anniversary to you!!! I hope you’re enjoying your AirPods. I got my husband a pair last year and he thinks they’re a game changer. I had a great vacation, it was just relaxing. We went away for a few days and I spent almost every day away and home at the beach which is my life goal Also read a great book (A Gentleman in Moscow) and saw a great movie (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood). Ugh, I felt like crying when I put my pantyhose on for work. I only did the 10 day les mills trial, I just didn’t click with it this time. I do like the music and I find the cheesiness entertaining.

Char Your workout space is cute and super organized. I’d love to paint mine because the colors are boring (beige and brown) but there’s so much else to do. I’d go for some bright colors and then feel regret! I have most of the pink firms and I always liked them. I feel like they get a bad rap from the firm purists. I think they are sweaty, fun, and the outfits are weird, or at least they weren’t the last time I pulled them out.

Clerkin I’ve always been intrigued by that Brett Contreras program! I feel like my butt would be sore the whole time.

TB2 Love your up-cycling! Look how easy it is to make a piece of workout equipment. All you need is an infomercial and you can retire from the profits!!! Cardio Leg Blast is one of my favorite workouts of all time. I really love the music and it just keeps moving so I don’t watch the clock. I love all of Xtrain. I’d love to have Cathe do a sequel.

Cher I’m another fan of FleaBag! It’s really great to binge. Prepare to have all of your sensibilities offended. She’s the creator/writer of Killing Eve too but they’re very different from each other.

ASAS If you’re looking for a bosu workout I highly recommend the one I did today. It’s free on YouTube
https://youtu.be/AkImOjYbSEA. I also subscribed to this channel but I haven’t tried any of the workouts yet, it’s Spanish language but I think I could totally follow it. The instructor looks like fun https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpd...x6W4P86HyBx2_Q.

Have a great week everyone!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 08:20 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Char - I missed the Lebert Equalizer bandwagon; looks like you can use those bars to do pull ups, too.
That's how I used to use them. I say used to because I haven't done it in a while. I also saw them used as a barre when placed on top of a step platform, but I tried it and it was a little awkward.
what I will never do: start at the 2:37 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdzKI40U8Ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Char Your workout space is cute and super organized. I’d love to paint mine because the colors are boring (beige and brown) but there’s so much else to do. I’d go for some bright colors and then feel regret! I have most of the pink firms and I always liked them. I feel like they get a bad rap from the firm purists. I think they are sweaty, fun, and the outfits are weird, or at least they weren’t the last time I pulled them out.
Thanks, Jane! I like my room, even if it's an odd green. It makes me smile.
I wasn't interested in the Pink Firms when they were released. I only recently bought them because the set was under $4, so I thought if I liked even one, it was a win. And it is. I've only tried Hi Def Sculpt and Cardio Party, but so far so good.

Dorothy - Your vest is a nice birthday present! "coming back from my Birthday Break, which included entirely too much extra sugar, fat, calories"
- no such thing when it comes to birthdays. It only comes once a year.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 12:11 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jane, thanks for that link, that bosu workout looks really good! Also thanks for the Spanish channel, my mothertongue is Spanish, so it would be nice to give it a go, and she has long workouts, and Zumba! Aaaaaazucar!

Cher, please let me know how you like Circuit Burnout 90, I have had that set in my wish list like forever.

I finally got my Riptensity DVD set today, I ordered June 30th. I got a shipping confirmation July 3rd, but the envelope shows it was shipped July 19th... I never had those issues with the old Rodale.

Great workouts everyone!

Tags
just the workouts