Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-19, 05:46 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I don't like streamign so much because I like to mix it up between instructors and this could cost me a fortune.
Exactly! If I were to subscribe it would be to a platform with multiple instructors. And I would probably also do Cathe, since it's Cathe. But yea, I'm with you on the small fortune thing.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 06:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Some instructors still do dvds even if they have a streaming site. Cathe, KCM, etc. It doesn't sound like that's what Tracie will do though.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 10:19 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Everyone is moving to streaming. It's the end of an era.
Not for me. I'm hoarding my DVDs now and have regrets about getting rid of the ones I did some years ago. I too cannot afford multiple streaming subscriptions!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 10:35 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Not for me. I'm hoarding my DVDs now and have regrets about getting rid of the ones I did some years ago. I too cannot afford multiple streaming subscriptions!
Yeah, that's how I feel, too. I did give away some DVDs when I moved last summer. They were ones I really never did and definitely could not see myself doing ever again, but I'm holding on to all the others, plus my VHS tapes.

I've tried a few streaming subscriptions, but I can pretty definitively say that streaming as a long-term strategy does not work for me. It's fun to do a free trial just to try something new, and if something really clicked for me, I might subscribe for a month or two, but I can't see it as a way of life. I get busy, or my old injuries act up and if I can't take advantage of the streaming site at least three or four times a week, I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Then the subscription just feels like a burden to me and I kick myself for not getting more use out of it.

I don't even do very many free trials, because then I have to remember to cancel it before I'm charged and I just don't want to have to think about it. Plus, there is so much free material on youtube or Amazon Prime. I just don't need the hassle.

Either way, I have realized streaming subscriptions give me anxiety ('I have to use it or it's a waste' or 'I have to remember to cancel it.') That sucks the joy out of my workouts. I don't need any more anxiety in my life.

I already have a lot of Tracie's workouts, but I might collect a couple more using the code Sue provided (thanks!) but I have plenty of her DVDs and I could go on those for a long time.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 11:16 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Yeah, that's how I feel, too. I did give away some DVDs when I moved last summer. They were ones I really never did and definitely could not see myself doing ever again, but I'm holding on to all the others, plus my VHS tapes.

I've tried a few streaming subscriptions, but I can pretty definitively say that streaming as a long-term strategy does not work for me. It's fun to do a free trial just to try something new, and if something really clicked for me, I might subscribe for a month or two, but I can't see it as a way of life. I get busy, or my old injuries act up and if I can't take advantage of the streaming site at least three or four times a week, I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Then the subscription just feels like a burden to me and I kick myself for not getting more use out of it.

I don't even do very many free trials, because then I have to remember to cancel it before I'm charged and I just don't want to have to think about it. Plus, there is so much free material on youtube or Amazon Prime. I just don't need the hassle.

Either way, I have realized streaming subscriptions give me anxiety ('I have to use it or it's a waste' or 'I have to remember to cancel it.') That sucks the joy out of my workouts. I don't need any more anxiety in my life.

I already have a lot of Tracie's workouts, but I might collect a couple more using the code Sue provided (thanks!) but I have plenty of her DVDs and I could go on those for a long time.
This is me! I’m actually thinking about not renewing my Pilates.ology subscription and most likely won’t renew Bellicon. I have no angst over DVDs sitting unused because they’re not costing me anything and I love shopping my collection.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 12:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Exactly! If I were to subscribe it would be to a platform with multiple instructors. And I would probably also do Cathe, since it's Cathe. But yea, I'm with you on the small fortune thing.
One thing I like about my Gaia subscription is having a wide variety of instructors. It was a very affordable Black Friday deal, about $60 for a year. Some sites are ridiculously overpriced IMO, but I think some will come down as more pop up & there is more competition. I travel a lot so streaming works great for me.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 12:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
I am purging in preparation for a move and have a lot of older stuff. What are you missing, I might have it...

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 03-22-19, 12:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
I am also cleaning out things I don't use. Let us know what you need.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 12:23 PM  
sherry7899

Kitty, I am cleaning out also. Why not post a list on "request the wealth" thread.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 12:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Kitty, I am cleaning out also. Why not post a list on "request the wealth" thread.
Great idea Sherry!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Tags
tracie long, tracie long streaming