Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-18, 02:36 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I wear these pants from Macy's to the office all the time. They come in various styles. Highly recommended, with the caveat that I am an old lady.
Those pants are cute. I hope I didn’t offend with my old lady comment. I’m 55 so I’m no spring chick. I just have this thing about pull on pants being something my grandma wore. The ones I see here and in some of the high end catalogs I get look really nice though. It’s me not them. I just need to change my way of thinking.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 02:55 PM  
MsThistlebottom

No offense taken. I used to tease my mom about her elastic waist, wide-leg pants, which I called "toddler pants." She thought the name was hilarious.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 03:37 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

BETABRAND. Love 'em. They describe themselves as "dress pant yoga pants" and they are both sharp-looking and comfy.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 03:42 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I found some Ellen Tracy pull on dress pants at BJ's Wholesale last year (and the previous year). I'm hoping they have them again so I can get some more. They were $19.95 and wash well with pockets. You can't really tell that they're pull on style unless you really look.

I've also bought several pairs of Diane Gilman comfort waist jeans and leggings. They're sold on HSN under the DG2 label. Most comfortable jeans ever (but they're pretty high waisted, which I like because it cuts down on the muffin top, lol). ETA: I picked them up on Ebay for much cheaper!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 04:05 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm so glad you asked this question.

I've been wearing pull on pants for years because I couldn't find anything else that was at all comfortable, especially since my hysterectomy.

In terms of what looks good, I mostly count on the fact that I choose my tops so they drape well over the pants. That hides the waistband and overall just looks more flattering.

My favorite pair of pants just now is an ancient pair by White Stag that I bought at Walmart years ago. Black velvet, which kinda makes me laugh, but I can dress them up or down. Wish I had half a dozen.

I'm not a fan of pants that are tight/slim fitting, I guess because a looser style is more flattering to my legs. I've always felt that way, though, so at least that part of my fashion choices isn't menopause related.

Oh, and I have a Joseph Ribkoff top that I love. If it weren't REALLY flattering and comfortable I'd never, ever have spent so much for it. I'm not sure it's the sort of thing I'd buy without being able to try it on.
Old 10-09-18, 04:06 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I don't know how casual your office is, but I LOVE NYDJ brand. It stands for 'not your daughter's jeans,' and, as the name suggests, they are primarily jeans, but there are a variety of styles and fabrics/colors. They are SO comfortable and flattering. You can find them at Nordstrom full price, or check out TJMaxx. Since you're in Boston, it might be worth a trip to TJMaxx and Sierra Trading Post in Newton (they are next to each other) and seriously Newton TJMaxx is the BEST TJMaxx I have ever seen!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 04:18 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
BETABRAND. Love 'em. They describe themselves as "dress pant yoga pants" and they are both sharp-looking and comfy.
I have a couple pairs of these. I never wear them. I don’t know why. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 10-09-18, 04:22 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I don't know how casual your office is, but I LOVE NYDJ brand. It stands for 'not your daughter's jeans,' and, as the name suggests, they are primarily jeans, but there are a variety of styles and fabrics/colors. They are SO comfortable and flattering. You can find them at Nordstrom full price, or check out TJMaxx. Since you're in Boston, it might be worth a trip to TJMaxx and Sierra Trading Post in Newton (they are next to each other) and seriously Newton TJMaxx is the BEST TJMaxx I have ever seen!
I haven’t been to the TJMaxx in Newton but will definitely check it out...and I had no idea that a there was a Sierra Trading Post there. I’ve never been to one.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 10-09-18, 04:26 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I found some Ellen Tracy pull on dress pants at BJ's Wholesale last year (and the previous year). I'm hoping they have them again so I can get some more. They were $19.95 and wash well with pockets. You can't really tell that they're pull on style unless you really look.

I've also bought several pairs of Diane Gilman comfort waist jeans and leggings. They're sold on HSN under the DG2 label. Most comfortable jeans ever (but they're pretty high waisted, which I like because it cuts down on the muffin top, lol). ETA: I picked them up on Ebay for much cheaper!
I’ve seen those DG2’s on HSN. I’m a skeptic so I didn’t believe all the hype. I will try them.

Old 10-09-18, 04:32 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I'm so glad you asked this question.

I've been wearing pull on pants for years because I couldn't find anything else that was at all comfortable, especially since my hysterectomy.

In terms of what looks good, I mostly count on the fact that I choose my tops so they drape well over the pants. That hides the waistband and overall just looks more flattering.

My favorite pair of pants just now is an ancient pair by White Stag that I bought at Walmart years ago. Black velvet, which kinda makes me laugh, but I can dress them up or down. Wish I had half a dozen.

I'm not a fan of pants that are tight/slim fitting, I guess because a looser style is more flattering to my legs. I've always felt that way, though, so at least that part of my fashion choices isn't menopause related.

Oh, and I have a Joseph Ribkoff top that I love. If it weren't REALLY flattering and comfortable I'd never, ever have spent so much for it. I'm not sure it's the sort of thing I'd buy without being able to try it on.
I think I’m going to have to re-think my whole wardrobe. The tops I wear are too fitted and clingy for me now. I don’t love clothes shopping but I am going to have to spend some time trying stuff on to see what looks good on my new shape.

Tags
aging, jeans, menopause, menopot