Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-17, 03:13 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

2Lazy4theGym's review sold me and I bought. Just waiting for my set.

I also got the streaming workouts (didn't know they were included). However the first Lower Body workout isn't on there, just the warmup. Did anyone else get this with their order and how does it look to you?

I LOVE BJ's workouts and can't wait. I have my rotation all set up for March.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-17, 03:41 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Hmm, just noticed that the 1st Lower Body is not there indeed! I have to wait for the DVDs.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-17, 05:44 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I'm so surprised that this set didn't get a bigger splash. It is amazingly effective when you want to build some muscle. It's fun, BJ is entertaining, they have all modifications.. . anyway, I love it. Its a bit pricey, but I'm very happy with the purchase. I did Upper Body 2 today, it was just perfect.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-17, 05:52 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Hmm, just noticed that the 1st Lower Body is not there indeed! I have to wait for the DVDs.
Glad its not just me. I emailed Men's Health about it. My DVDs should be here soon.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-17, 06:30 PM  
adrien_73

I absolutely love these workouts so far, but I am not using them exactly as prescribed due to my "rotation adversion".

I like the warm-up routines provided a lot and I feel that they are more beneficial than a "typical" warmup. I used them in my first cycle. I have not been using them in my second cycle because I do 30-45 min of additional cardio on these days and need that time! I would like to try to work them back in since I felt so much better when I did them, but I am already waking up at 3:30 AM to exercise and cannot get up any earlier!

I have not been using the Metarecovery workouts. I do longer cardio sessions on those days. On weight days I add on a variety of ab workouts. (Cathe, Kelly, SiS ab routine, etc.)

I haven't tried the finishers yet, and do my own stretches. I will try them eventually...

For the metasets, I started adding some additional moves, alternating between rebounding, mini stepper, kettlebell swings or ab work on my simply fit board. For me, it is much more fun to mix up the cardio rather than repeat the same move!

I have never been able to stick with a rotation, but I like the strength routines so much, I think I may be able to do 3-4 "modified cycles" and not quit out of boredom like I usually do! For me, this would be an accomplishment!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 04:09 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Wow Adrien, you're making this sound even better! Glad you're enjoying the workouts that much! And kudos to you for waking up that early to get your workout done! Could you compare this set to another you've tried? Or is it completely different from anything you've done before? Just curious!

Macska, I'm also glad you're loving the workouts so much, I'm also surprised this set have not get more "talk" on here. I'm interested on it for sure, I'll maybe get it later as a birthday's gift for myself.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 06:57 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Wow Adrien, you're making this sound even better! Glad you're enjoying the workouts that much! And kudos to you for waking up that early to get your workout done! Could you compare this set to another you've tried? Or is it completely different from anything you've done before? Just curious!

Macska, I'm also glad you're loving the workouts so much, I'm also surprised this set have not get more "talk" on here. I'm interested on it for sure, I'll maybe get it later as a birthday's gift for myself.
Hi Sugar!

It is hard for me to compare since I have so many sets I do not use! Maybe they are structured similarly, but I never stick with them long enough to find out! These seems very unique to me, in that each of the 4 sets of UB/LB workouts has a different structure/timing and the moves are executed at a different pace.

In the MetApocalypse workouts, he starts off with band work and finishes you off with more weight moves. The moves are done for a shorter time (30 sec on 10 sec off?) and you do each move 3x. I would call these a "moderate" pace?

In the Metagainz workouts, there is less band work (if any?) and I believe its 2 min on 30 sec off (?) but you do each move only one time. These moves are executed at a very slow pace

Metacardio uses lighter weights and I honestly cannot remember Metamatrix!

Many of the moves are unique and not just traditional weight moves.

I may have some of my details mixed up, but I hope this helps gives you a sense of the structure. I also love that the workouts are designed for minimal stress on the joints, which as you know, has been an ongoing issue for me.

Hope this helps!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 09:03 AM  
buffmama

The idea of different weights and speeds sounds appealing.
Old 02-25-17, 09:09 AM  
muggle

Oh man....I'm starting to feel weak! Why do I need these?
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 09:38 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I adore upper and lower body splits. For those of you who have done the workouts how would you compare them to say Cathe Live? Also, if someone were more interested in building strength, do you think it would be detrimental to these workouts to take some rests instead of doing the cardio blasts or at least to modify them.

Hi Sugar!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bands lower body, bj gaddour, metashred, metashred extreme