Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-13, 11:42 AM  
cpcathy

OK, I might cave on all three then. I do love Jennifer a whole bunch.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 12:05 PM  
topfitmama

I asked how many minutes of workout are on each DVD and Jennifer said there are at least 60 minutes. This is a real bargain!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 12:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I asked how many minutes of workout are on each DVD and Jennifer said there are at least 60 minutes.
the amazon listing says 52 min for the Dance in 10 disc, unless there's bonus material. hmmm. not that 8 min is siginificant, but just wondering.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 02:17 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
the amazon listing says 52 min for the Dance in 10 disc, unless there's bonus material. hmmm. not that 8 min is siginificant, but just wondering.
I can see the Amazon listings now. You're right, and all three are listed as being 52 minutes long.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 08:30 PM  
Susan

My set arrived today, and I am so glad to see that this seller is shipping packages very quickly now. As I mentioned in another thread, my Addicted to Sweat DVDs also arrived today from the same seller.
Old 02-07-13, 05:17 PM  
blzgrl

I thought I was only ordering the yoga, but they sent me the whole set!
blzgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 07:18 PM  
Tish

Mine are stalled way across the state according to tracking. It makes no sense why it went there in the first place.
Old 02-13-13, 02:55 PM  
rheash92

Any reviews on the strength workout? Is is all resistance bands or some weights too? Thanks.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-13, 08:32 PM  
txfitmom

I just did the Toning DVD today. What is interesting is that they are not 10 minute workouts as advertised! Each workout was between 15-17 min. Not a big deal for me, but still kind of weird.

Anyway, there is an ab workout where you need some kind of ball, either a light medicine ball or squishy ball. I would actually recommend the squishy ball because you do some ab moves where you place the ball behind your back. You could also substitute a dumbbell for some parts or use a rolled up towel or mat for the move where you need back support. It has a standing segment at the beginning with typical Jennifer moves and then I found the mat section to be much tougher. Definitely something I will have to work up to because my lower back is weak.

Upper Body Workout - you need a stretchy band, just lots of typical moves you would do with the band for your arms, there is a floor segment with pushups and some back work.

Lower Body Workout - there are plies and standing work (ballet style) and then a floor segment with various leg lifts. I cannot remember if she used the ball in this one or not.

Total Body Workout - once again a ball is needed for this one, you could use a weighted ball or possibly a dumbbell. There are some standing moves, jump squats with the ball, twists with the ball, kicking lunges, and some other moves. There is a floor segment with additional ab work, various types of planks, for one of them you use the ball to balance on while in plank, then roll the ball to the other side and go back and forth. There is also a mountain climber segment with side planks, looked kind of hard, I did not try it.

Equipment Needed for all workouts: Stretchy band, medicine ball and/or squishy ball, mat

Overall impressions: A pretty challenging set of workouts. All of the workouts start off rather simple and then progress to harder moves. If you don't like planks and using your body weight or maybe have shoulder or low back problems it probably would not be a great choice. It is not as intense as something like Ballet Body (Sarago, not the Galardi one) as far as planks, but still not exactly at a beginner level either. I think I will use the workouts as add-ons because they are kind of tough if you do them all at once and there are a few repetitive moves.

I have not tried her dance and yoga workouts yet, but I do have them. I am kind of scared how hard the yoga one might be since she is much more fit than I am and I am a total yoga beginner.

Also, I don't think there was a way to play the entire workout, it just kept coming back to the menu after each segment.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-13, 06:23 PM  
rheash92

Thank you. How much impact is there in the cardio DVD? Thanks
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer galardi, livwhole